Vortex track in Mystic Timber's shed

Vortex1987

48 minutes ago, Vortex1987 said:

The last time i rode Mystic Timbers in October 2021, I remember seeing a large orange pipe inside the shed. It looks a lot like Vortex's rail. Is that what it is? Im curious!!  

That is interesting, I will have to check that out. At least it shows that Cedar Fair are still paying attention to theming on that ride. 

Makes me wonder what they might have had planned for that piece of track. Does anyone remember that section of track that was laying in the plot of land that it stood on that was there for a hot minute? I had this image in my head they were keeping it for a future theming piece for whatever takes Vortex’s spot. Probably a stretch. But it’s a nice thought that something might stand as a reminder of the past. And seeing as they did a memorial for SoB in the Banshee que, I feel it’s possible. But who knows. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

Makes me wonder what they might have had planned for that piece of track. Does anyone remember that section of track that was laying in the plot of land that it stood on that was there for a hot minute? I had this image in my head they were keeping it for a future theming piece for whatever takes Vortex’s spot. Probably a stretch. But it’s a nice thought that something might stand as a reminder of the past. And seeing as they did a memorial for SoB in the Banshee que, I feel it’s possible. But who knows. 

I just assumed that was the one they cut up for those little displays.

1 hour ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

For better or for worse, Vortex is missed even if only having remnants of the once great structure around. I still hold hopes for some kind of memorial for it whenever the space it occupied becomes something.  

I'm more saddened by the removal of the original Bat footers than anything else if I'm completely honest.

• Like 1

All thats probably melted down now, so all thats left of it are the track slices that are sold. Plus the 2 or 3 other people that own big pieces of it. (Sally Boyer, Carolyn, and someone else) which makes me curious exactly, how many of those pieces were produced? Ive heard 200 from several sources. Which also makes me question something: may my thread on here have actually contributed to the park even selling them at all? I think it might have, which is actually pretty cool!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vortex1987 said:

All thats probably melted down now, so all thats left of it are the track slices that are sold. Plus the 2 or 3 other people that own big pieces of it. (Sally Boyer, Carolyn, and someone else) which makes me curious exactly, how many of those pieces were produced? Ive heard 200 from several sources. Which also makes me question something: may my thread on here have actually contributed to the park even selling them at all? I think it might have, which is actually pretty cool!!

I do remember them doing the same for SoB way back. I regret not grabbing a piece of that track when I could.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:53 AM, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

I do remember them doing the same for SoB way back. I regret not grabbing a piece of that track when I could.

I bought a bolt from Son of Beast back in 2012, a prized possession of mine I regret not getting a piece from Vortex

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 11:09 PM, Vortex1987 said:

Here is a piece I own. 

32E805F3-4053-4613-B205-9FB79FF46B35.jpeg

• Like 7

On 5/7/2022 at 11:07 PM, jandyb79 said:

Vortex final destination was the former AK Steel (now Cliffs) in Middletown. A friend of mine works there and sent me this photo last fall.

D4949E6B-BB97-4780-B007-362BE4D89828.jpeg

To be smelted and hot-rolled into coils of sheet steel. The circle of life.

23 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

What does it smell like? :3

Like grease a little. And slightly like a rubbery smell. Lol. I actually think this is from Pleasure Beach's Big One. I recieved this as a gift a few years ago from a family member, i still have the COA, its just buried in my closet somewhere. (Well, i THINK i do anyways.)

• Like 1