Jump to content

Vortex track in Mystic Timber's shed


Vortex1987
 Share

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Vortex1987 said:

The last time i rode Mystic Timbers in October 2021, I remember seeing a large orange pipe inside the shed. It looks a lot like Vortex's rail. Is that what it is? Im curious!!  

That is interesting, I will have to check that out. At least it shows that Cedar Fair are still paying attention to theming on that ride. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Makes me wonder what they might have had planned for that piece of track. Does anyone remember that section of track that was laying in the plot of land that it stood on that was there for a hot minute? I had this image in my head they were keeping it for a future theming piece for whatever takes Vortex’s spot. Probably a stretch. But it’s a nice thought that something might stand as a reminder of the past. And seeing as they did a memorial for SoB in the Banshee que, I feel it’s possible. But who knows. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

Makes me wonder what they might have had planned for that piece of track. Does anyone remember that section of track that was laying in the plot of land that it stood on that was there for a hot minute? I had this image in my head they were keeping it for a future theming piece for whatever takes Vortex’s spot. Probably a stretch. But it’s a nice thought that something might stand as a reminder of the past. And seeing as they did a memorial for SoB in the Banshee que, I feel it’s possible. But who knows. 

I just assumed that was the one they cut up for those little displays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For better or for worse, Vortex is missed even if only having remnants of the once great structure around. I still hold hopes for some kind of memorial for it whenever the space it occupied becomes something.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

For better or for worse, Vortex is missed even if only having remnants of the once great structure around. I still hold hopes for some kind of memorial for it whenever the space it occupied becomes something.  

I'm more saddened by the removal of the original Bat footers than anything else if I'm completely honest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All thats probably melted down now, so all thats left of it are the track slices that are sold. Plus the 2 or 3 other people that own big pieces of it. (Sally Boyer, Carolyn, and someone else) which makes me curious exactly, how many of those pieces were produced? Ive heard 200 from several sources. Which also makes me question something: may my thread on here have actually contributed to the park even selling them at all? I think it might have, which is actually pretty cool!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vortex1987 said:

All thats probably melted down now, so all thats left of it are the track slices that are sold. Plus the 2 or 3 other people that own big pieces of it. (Sally Boyer, Carolyn, and someone else) which makes me curious exactly, how many of those pieces were produced? Ive heard 200 from several sources. Which also makes me question something: may my thread on here have actually contributed to the park even selling them at all? I think it might have, which is actually pretty cool!!

I do remember them doing the same for SoB way back. I regret not grabbing a piece of that track when I could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 12:53 AM, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

I do remember them doing the same for SoB way back. I regret not grabbing a piece of that track when I could.

I bought a bolt from Son of Beast back in 2012, a prized possession of mine I regret not getting a piece from Vortex

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 11:09 PM, Vortex1987 said:

All thats probably melted down now, so all thats left of it are the track slices that are sold. Plus the 2 or 3 other people that own big pieces of it. (Sally Boyer, Carolyn, and someone else) which makes me curious exactly, how many of those pieces were produced? Ive heard 200 from several sources. Which also makes me question something: may my thread on here have actually contributed to the park even selling them at all? I think it might have, which is actually pretty cool!!

Here is a piece I own. 

32E805F3-4053-4613-B205-9FB79FF46B35.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2022 at 11:07 PM, jandyb79 said:

Vortex final destination was the former AK Steel (now Cliffs) in Middletown. A friend of mine works there and sent me this photo last fall.

D4949E6B-BB97-4780-B007-362BE4D89828.jpeg

To be smelted and hot-rolled into coils of sheet steel. The circle of life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

What does it smell like? :3

Like grease a little. And slightly like a rubbery smell. Lol. I actually think this is from Pleasure Beach's Big One. I recieved this as a gift a few years ago from a family member, i still have the COA, its just buried in my closet somewhere. (Well, i THINK i do anyways.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...