CP After Hours Event

Cedar Fair seems to be taking after Disney to have pay events after hours.  The first trial of an after hours event in the park chain seems to be at Cedar Point.  I wonder if we will see an after hours event at KI next year (or maybe soon to be announced for KI)?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/wild-frontier-nights

I am not impressed, $99 for a 3 hour long event.  Sure there is live music and ERT, but almost nothing else is included.  No snacks, no food, no alcohol, the only thing that’s included is Coke products.  During the day Frontier Festival is happening already.  So you can likely pickup the same food, and beverages, and watch the same bands during the day with a regular park ticket.  At least from the description I don’t see what makes this special enough to justify the price.

June 3rd is Coastermania.  It explains why the schedule is so different from previous years.  It was strange that all of the evening ERT was near the front of the park.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2022 at 11:49 AM, Kenban said:

I am not impressed, $99 for a 3 hour long event.  Sure there is live music and ERT, but almost nothing else is included.  No snacks, no food, no alcohol, the only thing that’s included is Coke products.  During the day Frontier Festival is happening already.  So you can likely pickup the same food, and beverages, and watch the same bands during the day with a regular park ticket.  At least from the description I don’t see what makes this special enough to justify the price.

June 3rd is Coastermania.  It explains why the schedule is so different from previous years.  It was strange that all of the evening ERT was near the front of the park.

This was my thought too. The event itself seems nice but not worth the ticket price. A handful of rides and entertainment for 3 hours isn't enough for $99. At that price point I feel like a certain amount of alcohol and food should be included. I was really curious about it until I saw the price point. It sounds like parking isn't even free for attendees as some of the more expensive ticket options include parking with it. For $15 less (+ parking cost) I can buy a ticket that gets me admission for the entire day, parking, and all day dining. So essentially I could buy one bundle ticket and a regular ticket, split food, and be able to get my DH and I into the park for the entire day for the cost of one person to go for 3 hours at night with limited options.

I will be curious to see how this event goes and what sort of changes they make for future ones. I like the concept of it but the price point just isn't there.

• Like 1