Land Clearing/Markings spotted at Worlds of Fun

An interesting sight was spotted at Worlds of Fun in their old Dinosaurs Alive area. Some survey stakes/markings were spotted and clearing has begun. Obviously it could be anything, but 2023 would mark 14 years since their last coaster Prowler opened in 2009 so to say they are overdue for a new coaster is an understatement. Also their has been rumors from Screamscape (like always take that with a grain of salt) about them wanting to add a modern replacement for Zambezi Zinger or Orient Express. https://www.screamscape.com/html/worlds_of_fun.htm

We'll see where this heads and will be an interesting development to watch over the weeks and months ahead! Fingers crossed its a coaster, but of course we'll have to wait and see!

• Like 3

Interesting. In my opinion Cedar Fair needs to deliver a coaster to WOF, Dorney, MA,and Valleyfair this year. I find it bs actually they do not take care of these parks in the rides dept as well. We upgraded to platinum a few years back because of my daughters wanting to visit other parks, and experience different rides because of how excited they were riding Mystic Timbers. I wonder if other families would do the same.

• 1 month later...

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/plan/a4fa62b1-f5df-4d37-8c58-42074bf42bd6?tab=reviews

From the Reviews tab:

Correction Type
General Corrections
Category
General
Comment
Re-upload the complete Set of Sealed Plans with the following revisions. a) Combine all disciplines plan sets in to a single pdf file. RE: Sealed Wood Coaster Foundation Details, sealed Wood Coaster Foundation Plan, sealed Anchoring Details, Revision A Touchdown Points. Do not include the Grading plan sheets unless labeled for Reference Only or shall state on the Grading Plan Submitted under separate application CRBG-2022-30547. b) Provide per IBC Chapter 6 the "Construction Type: ____?" c) Provide Per IBC Chapter 3 the "Occupancy Group: ____?"
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

...Gold Striker? Having a second GCI would be interesting but it's completely different layout wise, Prowler is like Mystic while Gold Striker is a "larger" GCI in a smaller footprint.

Does it say in the link that it will be a wood roller coaster? I am confused.

25 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Does it say in the link that it will be a wood roller coaster? I am confused.

It did in fact say "wood coaster foundations"

The record has been modified but if you look at the attached PDF, it still says "wood coaster" under "location"

• Like 2

I think it will be a smaller more family friendly woody.  Worlds of Fun already has a modern GCI and an older Dinn wooden.  Thinking about what a younger park guest has for choices you would start with a Wacky Worm.  The next step up is a Gerstlauer Spinning coaster.  Then it’s the adult coasters like Prowler.

Basically the park could really use a Woodstock Express style of ride.  A family Gravity Group like Oscar’s Wacky Taxi would be a fantastic fit for the park.  Plus they are cheap and from what I have heard easy to maintain, and likely even easier now with the new track design.

I am not sure how many people have ridden Oscar’s Wacky Taxi or Roar-O-Saurus, but they are amazing for a childrens ride.  Don’t just ignore them because they are kiddy rides I honestly prefer them to a lot of bigger coasters.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is really exciting! I am excited to see what a GCI ground-up hybrid coaster looks like with the new trains. They look better than RMC trains in my opinion.

It is even more exciting that this new rollercoaster is going to a Cedar Fair park. It gives me hope that Kings Island will see a new ground-up hybrid coaster someday. With Worlds of Fun having both an out and back GCI in Prowler and a new Titan Track Hybrid, I don’t see why Kings Island couldn’t also get a hybrid coaster with Mystic Timbers already in their lineup.

• Like 5

Perhaps Cedar Fair wants to test this Titan track concept before bringing it to their larger parks. The chain doesn’t necessarily have a designated “test park” like what you see with Six Flag’s Fiesta Texas. If the ride is a success at World’s of Fun, you might see more of them pop up, if not then at least World’s of Fun has a new ride.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DiamondbackFan said:

Clair Hain Jr. of GCI confirmed the purchase of two Infinity Flyer trains and Titan Track for a ride opening in Spring 2023.

For what it’s worth, Clair didn’t confirm Titan Track, but only confirmed the Infinity Flyer trains. Everyone is speculating it’ll include Titan Track, but as he said, the trains can be used independent of the steel track.

1 hour ago, TombraiderTy said:

For what it’s worth, Clair didn’t confirm Titan Track, but only confirmed the Infinity Flyer trains. Everyone is speculating it’ll include Titan Track, but as he said, the trains can be used independent of the steel track.

However, the Infinity Flyer trains were really designed with the Titan Track in mind, so it makes the most sense for them to be used on a new Titan Track hybrid. Also, World’s of Fun’s permit filings mention Daniel Peak as the engineer. He works for Skyline attractions which is the company that makes GCI’s Titan Track and designs GCI layouts. Worlds of Fun already has a GCI wooden rollercoaster in Prowler, so a Titan Track hybrid is really all that makes sense for the park to differentiate the new ride from Prowler.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 10:56 AM, FUN&ONLY! said:

However, the Infinity Flyer trains were really designed with the Titan Track in mind, so it makes the most sense for them to be used on a new Titan Track hybrid. Also, World’s of Fun’s permit filings mention Daniel Peak as the engineer. He works for Skyline attractions which is the company that makes GCI’s Titan Track and designs GCI layouts. Worlds of Fun already has a GCI wooden rollercoaster in Prowler, so a Titan Track hybrid is really all that makes sense for the park to differentiate the new ride from Prowler.

Maybe the Infinity Flyer trains Clair announced will be used on a Titan Track ride, but that wasn't confirmed and that's speculation. All that's confirmed is that Infinity Flyer trains are going on a new ride. The Infinity Flyer trains don't have to go on a Titan Track ride, and there's tons of reasons they wouldn't - they can operate fine on wood track and allow for a lower height requirement, tighter turn and crest radii, and reduced maintenance.

• Like 1