WindSeeker Down?

Orion742

Might be something as simple as a more involved maintenance that’s only done every few years.  Since all of the WindSeekers were built in a short period of time they would all need this around the same time.  I was at Cedar Points Winterchill out and Raptor just hit that point and they were replacing major parts on every train due to age.  Most of the WindSeekers are 10 years old either this year or last year.

Design changes do not mean there is a flaw either.  I would love for them to upgrade the controls to be able to tell the ride ops exactly which seat is not properly locked when checking restraints for instance.  

One would think that if that were the case, they would have been shut down certainly for 2020 and 2021 given the accident happened in 2019.

Maybe it is additional safety features, but since none were shut down as a result of that accident lends me to think that CF believes it to be operator error.

I still think it is a scheduled maintenance type related activity.

Maybe we will hear, but given CF past history, I doubt an explanation will ever officially be provided.

20 hours ago, King Maple The Tree King said:

I gotta hand it to Cedar Fair, they're pretty good about cutting off bad press.

Not cutting off bad press. I feel like that implied that they try to shut down the story. (Not necessarily what you intended to say)

When you are transparent them most stories run their course and don’t get out of hand. Avoiding the press or not responding to calls is when small things turn into national story. It is alleged that an inspector was injured because of the employees’ inexperience. This story could have easily turned into, “Ride in Charolette that amputates worker’s hand is identical to ride at Kings Island” but it didn’t. They took it on the chin and moved on. 

We might not get too detailed of an answer but someone could try asking at a Q&A at Coasterstock, and if their version is still down at Cedar Point in a few weeks Coaster Mania.  

I would expect a vague answer without too many details but I would be surprised if there is no answer at all. I doubt they are trying to hide something.  It’s just not something they are going to announce.

31 minutes ago, Kenban said:

We might not get too detailed of an answer but someone could try asking at a Q&A at Coasterstock, and if their version is still down at Cedar Point in a few weeks Coaster Mania.  

I would expect a vague answer without too many details but I would be surprised if there is no answer at all. I doubt they are trying to hide something.  It’s just not something they are going to announce.

I think some explanation is needed considering it is on the list of rides on KIs main site. At least saying the ride is closed. 

I wonder if Carowinds running at half speed has anything to do with it's closure. Can anyone confirm if World's of Funs wind seeker is open or running at half speed?

15 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I think some explanation is needed considering it is on the list of rides on KIs main site. At least saying the ride is closed. 

I wonder if Carowinds running at half speed has anything to do with it's closure. Can anyone confirm if World's of Funs wind seeker is open or running at half speed?

Like, spinning at half speed?

They were testing WindSeeker for the better part of today, even when it would have been shut down normally.

I couldn't get a picture as I was on The Beast brake run when the storm rolled through around 7:30 or so, but the wind gust had to be higher than WindSeeker runs under and it was near the top and the one side the wind had pushed the seats back down to about where they start and the other side was pushed WAY out.  Maybe another 35 degrees or more.  It clearly did not look like a circular patter spinning.

One would think this temporary fence/barricade would stop people or make the realize the ride is down, but nope about 4 groups per hour would walk around them or jump them to start down the queue.  I have some pics of that in action, but decided not to post in case they are members here LOL.

image.png

• Like 4

12 hours ago, disco2000 said:

One would think this temporary fence/barricade would stop people or make the realize the ride is down, but nope about 4 groups per hour would walk around them or jump them to start down the queue.  I have some pics of that in action, but decided not to post in case they are members here LOL.

image.png

People. Are. Idiots. 

• Like 3