Tower Gardens History Walk?

BoddaH1994

44 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

D1303997-F19F-4D97-B510-E4298E3F0AB3.jpegLooks like we are getting a history walk!

**Photo taken from a public area in plain view. It’s not my problem if the park’s PR takes too long to announce things. 

That is very exciting!! It is behind the Eiffel Tower right? I wonder if they will announce it or say something around when the Golden Celebration begins on May 28th.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Hopefully all the surrounding pavers get a deep clean. They look pretty scrungy. Would also be nice if they used the lighting rigs to actually focus light these.  

I like the history walk, but I wish Kings Island replaced the pavers in Tower Gardens as well. Hopefully, the park cleans them at least.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I like the history walk, but I wish Kings Island replaced the pavers in Tower Gardens as well. Hopefully, the park cleans them at least.

A nice pressure washing job ought to do the trick. I'm sure all the sap from the trees is the cause of them looking the way they do, and is probably hard to keep them clean. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

A nice pressure washing job ought to do the trick. I'm sure all the sap from the trees is the cause of them looking the way they do, and is probably hard to keep them clean. 

I wish that they could bring back a water feature.  I loved the waterfall that used to be there as it really made that spot in the park feel special.  Just a standard fountain would be a great addition and would make that area more relaxing by blocking out some of the sounds.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skibum said:

I wish that they could bring back a water feature.  I loved the waterfall that used to be there as it really made that spot in the park feel special.  Just a standard fountain would be a great addition and would make that area more relaxing by blocking out some of the sounds.  

Agree. I feel like each area of the park should have at least one water feature. We lost the waterfall in Rivertown, the fountain in front of festhaus, the fountains in the coney midway and even the theatre used to have an iron 3 tier fountain in front of it. The elephant from Hanna Barbera wound up at Jungle Jim’s! 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Agree. I feel like each area of the park should have at least one water feature. We lost the waterfall in Rivertown, the fountain in front of festhaus, the fountains in the coney midway and even the theatre used to have an iron 3 tier fountain in front of it. The elephant from Hanna Barbera wound up at Jungle Jim’s! 

I agree with you, the more water features the better too me.   Don't forget our dark ride use to be a water ride too.  The Beast had a small lake and water wheel.

We did add a water feature with Diamondback though. :D  It definitely adds some excitement to the finish.

• Like 3

Don’t forget the lake of Keelboat Canal was filled in for a warehouse and the lion Country lagoons became concrete jungle.   The steam of Les Taxis/Auto Livery was also destroyed.   Paramount hated water.  I’m surprised the Oktoberfest lake wasn’t filled in  

Carowinds was a beautiful park full of waterways  pre Paramount.   They filled almost all of it in.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

21 hours ago, super7 said:

Carowinds was a beautiful park full of waterways  pre Paramount.   They filled almost all of it in.   

The warmest climate park on the east coast, and no water ride in the park on the dry side. You would think with corporate down there, they would want to fill in that gap for the park.

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The warmest climate park on the east coast, and no water ride in the park on the dry side. You would think with corporate down there, they would want to fill in that gap for the park.

Cedar Fair killed all the water rides there.  They removed Powder Keg Flume and Whitewater Falls then left Rip Roaring Rapids SBNO.    Paramount did most of the damage to the water ways but CF was the culprit with the rides. 

Given Cedar Points history of removing water rides I’m surprised KI  and KD (thankfully) still have the original flumes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, super7 said:

Given Cedar Points history of removing water rides I’m surprised KI  and KD (thankfully) still have the original flumes. 

Some data I was able to find.  Probably not perfect, but likely close.

(63) log flume rides were made 1963-1985, about half are currently operating.

Of those at CF parks:

(5) are operating

(10) have been removed, not necessarily by CF

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^At least Cedar Point did try to put in a new one, its just they found the one designer who managed to screw up a log flume. 

Another Intamin failure...*SHOCKER*

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There a lot more to this than most thought. They are now installing big sign plaques in the planter beds in addition to the engraved pavers. They haven’t even started planting yet, so not sure when this will be open. Hopefully by this weekend, but it’s impressive how much they are adding to this area. 

2508DC55-C372-4A13-A2C0-CA74F4534BC4.jpeg

50210283-94ED-403E-BE01-AC245A09EA31.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Things are looking good!

48A54B52-8397-46CE-B649-811982A552D9.jpeg

Any bets on if this opens Saturday?

I could very well see it opening tomorrow. In addition to the big Eiffel Tower in the background, I see 9 miniature Eiffel Towers in that picture. Pretty cool!