Another May fight and juvenile arrest

disco2000

49 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Who is actually just dropping their kids off at Kings Island everyday? I personally don’t know anyone. The people (kids included) that likely do frequent Kings Island weekly are generally fans of the park and actually care for the park. The vast majority of incidents appear to happen on Saturdays when the crowd consists of people that do not go to Kings Island very often.

I just don’t see why someone who goes to Kings Island daily would pick fights, line jump, and take their phones out on rides. They would know better than most the consequences of such actions. I don’t think we can blame the problem on Kings Island being used as a daycare because I don’t think it is being used in such a way.

Have you not seen the pick up area at park close during the summer?

• Like 2

While I agree that those using it as a daycare are probably not the trouble makers making the news, I have seen it used as a daycare more days than not.

I have seen plenty of elementary age kids there by themselves.  As one example, I saw a brother and sister one visit a couple years ago that had to be like 5th and 3rd graders.  They were in line getting food in front of me using their meal plan and the older one asked me what time it was and proceeded to tell me that their mom dropped them off at 9:30 and were being picked up at 7pm.  I saw them several times throughout the day and they were very well behaved.

Heck just last weekend I was there with friends with elementary age kids and we are in line for a ride and a single rider kid starts talking to one of the kids.  I just assumed their parents didn't want to ride.  After we get off the ride, she says "what are we riding next" and basically followed our group the rest of the night and hanging out with the other kids in our group that were about the same age.  She was a fourth grader.  Her mom dropped her off and was picking her up at close.  And I know that was the case because when we left at close, she was still following us out to the parking lot and got into a car next to the flagpole.  She was very mature for her age and very polite, but probably too young to be at the park by herself?

Or just look at the drop off lot at park close - the line to get in is longer than in the morning trying to get thru the toll booths.

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

Have you not seen the pick up area at park close during the summer?

Still, I feel like most kids being dropped off are going with friends, and they do this every once in a while. While SOME people may use Kings Island as a daycare, I feel like that is a rather small minority and, like others have said, those kids that do go there everyday are likely not the ones causing problems.

Kings Island can raise prices of season passes, add blockout dates on season passes for busy days like Halloween Haunt, and get rid of dining plans, and it likely would attract a more premium, ticket buying crowd. However, changes like this would likely not go over well with passholders, the park’s most loyal supporters. While raising prices and taking away some perks could result in a better in-park experience (lighter crowds and shorter food lines), it is hard for people to see the value in something like that when they have to pay more for what may seem like less. Therefore, many passholders would be angry if the park chose to go that route because the benefits of such changes would not be immediately realized.

However, while I don’t think big thrill rides draw a reckless crowd, I think events like Halloween Haunt can. The Winterfest crowd could not be any more different than the Halloween Haunt crowd. I think an immersive Halloween event in the style of Winterfest would do wonders for Kings Island. Maybe something like the new Tricks and Treats events at California’s Great America and Valleyfair would be nice. I think Halloween Haunt in its current form is getting outdated, and I think a more immersive experience like with Winterfest would be better.

The point is that the past how many "fights" we have had have been un-attended youth. I don't know the full extent of the demographics as to which if they were a part of a school group or just friends group but there is obviously a correlation issue in park. As for the stabbing, that is a grown man on a different part of the property so that's not really on par for the discussion but still. 

• Like 2

I personally think younger kids (13-17) get a bad rap.  Most of my experiences with these incidents are with people 18+ that have an entitled attitude- "You can't tell me what to do" or "You can't tell me no."

Some have forgotten how to respect others.  It's a small fraction that do crap like this but since everyone has a camera in their pocket everything gets seen- even the stuff that wasn't that big of a deal but gets dramatized so much that it is seen as a riot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Browntggrr said:

I personally think younger kids (13-17) get a bad rap.  Most of my experiences with these incidents are with people 18+ that have an entitled attitude- "You can't tell me what to do" or "You can't tell me no."

Some have forgotten how to respect others.  It's a small fraction that do crap like this but since everyone has a camera in their pocket everything gets seen- even the stuff that wasn't that big of a deal but gets dramatized so much that it is seen as a riot.

I don’t disagree. I get super annoyed with 13-17 year olds and think “kids these days…” until I realize that I was just as annoying at that age. 

I agree that some people come from an entitlement who are in the 18-25ish range. The age when you’re legally an adult but aren’t mature enough to truly understand consequences. That’s why there should be a zero tolerance policy for major rule breakers. If they violate the rules they get banned. If they break the law they get arrested. Kings Island can’t change this generation, but they can quickly get the word out that it’s not the place to be breaking my the rules. 

• Like 3

My main annoyance with young kids is the small number of young men who think yelling at the top of their lungs right behind you (not even when a ride is moving) is the most hilarious thing in the world. Or similar things to that. But most of the young people I see are behaving themselves.

In fact the only fight I've seen at the park was two middle aged guys trying to have it out after exiting The Beast last season, though they were broken up quickly by their groups, fortunately.

Well, as far as I'm concerned.....The fights that the troublemakers caused...... I have realized this has been an ongoing problem already now but I can see why the loud, unruly, obnoxious brats (teens) have been looking for trouble by harass and distract while in queue lines when people are trying to ride different rides...  With that said, it makes me sick to my stomach knowing the problems has gotten out of hand and apparently got worse so that's already problematic as far as I'm concerned.  It makes me mad knowing the bad parents don't care at all about it.....It's obvious to me that the unruly teens don't give a crap and wanted to start a brawl.....  Seriously, that's a serious problem.   My point is that I would like to recommend this to Kings Island that there are consequences for unruly teens' misbehavior as well as including brawls, using foul language and some sort.    What's more is they will get hit with very severe punishment from Warren County courthouse with judge along with Kings Island & Cedar Fair.....that will put unruly teens away into state prison and yes, if they have  Kings Island Gold Pass or Cedar Fair Platinum Pass, it's going to be shut down, revoked and deactivated for good and they will NOT be eligible to renew season passes for the foreseeable future.   That's exactly what part of the ban/exclusion will do to the teens....  And finally, once they are being put into state prison or juvenile detention....both of that will teach the teens a lesson not to cause trouble again.  I agree with Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell when I watched the news about it last year.....He's giving them a warning.....Do not come to Kings Island....if they do, they're going to jail, period.

This past Saturday there were at least two incidents in Festhaus. After the first one was broken up, a Mason officer and Warren County deputy hauled someone out in handcuffs after security told him to leave and he refused. This resulted in a loud chorus of boos and even a few middle fingers being thrown in the direction of the officers involved as if they'd done something wrong. As we were about to walk out of Festhaus, another incident took place in almost the exact same area (near the restrooms) - suddenly a large group of people goes running towards the restrooms and all you hear is "oooooo!", followed shortly by several security personnel also heading in that direction.  At that point they were telling people in Festhaus to either find a seat or leave, and reportedly weren't letting anyone else in either.

• Sad 1