RIP Sling Shot?

BoddaH1994

40 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I can already here the marketing spin in August lol - "Based on the popularity of Phantom Theater Encore,  new for 2023, Boo Blasters will be reimagined into an all new Phantom Theater experience" :P

Don’t tease me like that. Been thinking about this for a while now. Haha. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I can already here the marketing spin in August lol - "Based on the popularity of Phantom Theater Encore,  new for 2023, Boo Blasters will be reimagined into an all new Phantom Theater experience" :P

I’ll take that!

• Like 1

I have a theory. Granted its unlikely to happen, but one can dream...

Maybe the reason Sling Shot was removed is because perhaps (just maybe) the sky ride will be returning. The north station was about where Sling Shot is, and the south station is still standing, so it is a possibility....

Just an idea....

• Like 7

So. Much. Cleaner. Without it. I hope they just clear it and landscape, or use the concrete pad for some seating and open up the view to Banshe. Even if they did a matching, cemetery style fence and added a few grave stones closer to make it feel like an “overlook” to Banshee. Personally I think all of Action Zone makes more sense as part of a much larger Oktoberfest and that would be a step toward that. 

• Like 2

There isn`t much room there, but they could maybe add in a flat ride.  Or as others have said, add in some landscaping and keep it open.

I would love for Boo Blasters to be turned into a reimagined Phantom Theater.  Combine that with maybe some new kids rides in Planet Snoopy and maybe a Music Express ride, and that would be a pretty sweet collection of new rides/attractions.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I do think this Zamperla Tea Cup would be a good addition for a Keggers style addition (the one that looks like Spinning Barrels) in the Slingshot space.  

https://www.zamperla.com/products/tea-cup/

Also a Flat ride like the one in front of Jolley Rancher Remix would look great here! Maybe themed to Banshee since you could get a good view from it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I do think this Zamperla Tea Cup would be a good addition for a Keggers style addition (the one that looks like Spinning Barrels) in the Slingshot space.  

https://www.zamperla.com/products/tea-cup/

This is what I would want the most and makes sense to get a good spinning flat like that. Barrel themed for whatever goes there to give a sort of return of Der Spinning Keggers. Either teacups style as that was originally the type of ride it was, or even a tilt-a-whirl with a barrel theme would work well.

A Zamperla Nebulaz would look nice in Oktoberfest too as others have suggested. I'd probably go with a Glockenspiel/cuckoo clock theme as it has a gear type appearance and would fit into the German theme of the area. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Personally I think all of Action Zone makes more sense as part of a much larger Oktoberfest and that would be a step toward that. 

Banshee --> Poltergeist

Congo Falls --> Black Forest Falls

The Bat--> Fledermaus

34 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

Banshee --> Poltergeist

Congo Falls --> Black Forest Falls

The Bat--> Fledermaus

Love it. My “concept” would be there are essentially 5 theme areas. International Street (with a “cross street” at the top that connects Adventure Express and Hanks as “Fiesta Plaza” over to (former-now Panda Express) Chick Fil a as Asia Courtyard with new landscaping) Oktoberfest goes from existing all the way to The Bat, Coney Midway that now includes the walkway to RiverTown with some new kid-friendly flats , and RiverTown Junction that flows into CampSnoopy. Each of these areas would tie back into Cinci History or typography. Get rid of ActionZone and unify the whole of Oktoberfest with new landscaping and banners (like we’re there years before). The new section could be more modern to reduce costs and be accomplished mainly through surface treatments and decor. 

• Like 2

I still would like so see the Adventure Village area resurrected. We have the beautiful trees, now we just need slight rethemes.

Delirium would likely stay the same, but could be painted tan or green.

Invertigo could become Hurricane and be painted more turquoise.

I'd like Drop Zone to stay the same; I think everything else could fit as is (or Banshee and Bat could have their own *spooky* sub-section?)

EDIT: Just like back in the day, Adventure Village would encompass what is now Action Zone and parts of Oktoberfest (specifically the former Slingshot path and Adventure Express; the Coke freestyle stand could be slightly rethemed to match the area).

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

I still would like so see the Adventure Village area resurrected. We have the beautiful trees, now we just need slight rethemes.

Delirium would likely stay the same, but could be painted tan or green.

Invertigo could become Hurricane and be painted more turquoise.

I'd like Drop Zone to stay the same; I think everything else could fit as is (or Banshee and Bat could have their own *spooky* sub-section?)

EDIT: Just like back in the day, Adventure Village would encompass what is now Action Zone and parts of Oktoberfest (specifically the former Slingshot path and Adventure Express; the Coke freestyle stand could be slightly rethemed to match the area).

I don’t really see adventure village as related to local history like the other areas. I think at this point, people want more “authentic” and local experiences instead of fake themed areas that Cedar Fair will never put the money into to pull off convincingly. That’s why I’d lean fully into Coney, German, Riverfront and wooded hills. Let IS be the glue that holds it together with “local” international favorites like Skyline and LaRosas but make them more  “LaFamiglia Pizzera-fearing LaRosas” to get away from the blatant corporate branding. I’d love to see all the pop drink umbrellas go away as well and instead build covered patios, but have awnings in the “corporate” color and then have crates with the logos and giraffe bottles stacked around. Overall the park just needs a major visual purge. 

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

I don’t really see adventure village as related to local history like the other areas. I think at this point, people want more “authentic” and local experiences instead of fake themed areas that Cedar Fair will never put the money into to pull off convincingly. That’s why I’d lean fully into Coney, German, Riverfront and wooded hills. Let IS be the glue that holds it together with “local” international favorites like Skyline and LaRosas but make them more  “LaFamiglia Pizzera-fearing LaRosas” to get away from the blatant corporate branding. I’d love to see all the pop drink umbrellas go away as well and instead build covered patios, but have awnings in the “corporate” color and then have crates with the logos and giraffe bottles stacked around. Overall the park just needs a major visual purge. 

I disagree with your first point about how Cedar Fair will never be able to pull off an adventure themed area accordingly. The new jungle xpedition area at Kings dominion looks absolutely incredible. I don’t think guests really care if a jungle isn’t regionally authentic to Virginia. I do however agree that the park needs a significant visual improvement. Action Zone is a mega eye sore, the center of the park is just grass and shipping containers and of course the massive empty plot of grass in coney mall. I hope management continues to work toward better thematic Elements of the park. Rides like Orion have decent theming but it seems like they only had the budget to the meme 1/5th of the queue.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
I also want to add that while the towers are gone, the thing that locked the capsule down is still there. 

Isn’t that cemented in place? Or at least heavily bolted down?

I don’t see them removing that piece until they go to remove the concrete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Wish they could at least deck over it with a “floating floor” if they aren’t removing the hardware yet and put sone chairs or tables up there as overflow seating. There are already paths up to it. Would love it if they could get rid of the fence and what’s behind it to open up that view. 

• Like 3