Gold Pass Parking

Coasterteam

Hi, I had a pretty simple question regarding season passholder parking benefits. 

This is sorta going off of how with a Gold Pass at Kings Island it will only grant you entry into the park once per day and you will need a hand-stamp to enter again afterwards that same day. 

Is there a limit to how many times I can enter the parking lot with a gold pass? Main reason I'm asking is because during the Coasterstock event I plan on leaving the park in the late afternoon to recuperate at our hotel room for an hour or two before going back to the park for rest of the day. 

I'm not entirely sure if this is allowed or not, which is why I'm asking. Doesn't really saying you can't in the https://www.visitkingsisland.com/legal/season-pass-terms but always doesn't directly say you can - "Gold Pass entitles the Passholder to complimentary parking ONLY at the park from which it was issued at the following Cedar Fair L.P. amusement parks; however, the registered Passholder must be present in the vehicle" 

Thanks in advance

13 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

This is sorta going off of how with a Gold Pass at Kings Island it will only grant you entry into the park once per day and you will need a hand-stamp to enter again afterwards that same day. 

Has it changed the last couple of years?  Used to be at KI that a season pass could be scanned for re-entry, with the monitors over the exit lanes advising of this at the bottom of the screen.  Only daily ticket holders needed a hand stamp (or whatever alternative they were doing for the pandemic).

Now, at Carowinds once, they acted like I was trying to pull a fast one scanning the pass twice in one day.  Luckily I'd gotten the hand stamp anyway but wanted to try the pass again...

12 minutes ago, jsus said:

Has it changed the last couple of years?  Used to be at KI that a season pass could be scanned for re-entry, with the monitors over the exit lanes advising of this at the bottom of the screen.  Only daily ticket holders needed a hand stamp (or whatever alternative they were doing for the pandemic).

Now, at Carowinds once, they acted like I was trying to pull a fast one scanning the pass twice in one day.  Luckily I'd gotten the hand stamp anyway but wanted to try the pass again...

Each park operates re-entry differently.  But KI currently is can re-scan.

8 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Each park operates re-entry differently.  But KI currently is can re-scan.

Exactly, and I was providing an example of that.  Then there's Cedar Point where for years you could re-scan your pass for re-entry but officially they instructed you to get a hand stamp.

6 hours ago, jsus said:

Exactly, and I was providing an example of that.  Then there's Cedar Point where for years you could re-scan your pass for re-entry but officially they instructed you to get a hand stamp.

I came and went from CP many times last year and never a hand stamp. I also noted that multiple visits in one day count as one park visit.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:30 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

That is correct. Gold pass holders leave and come back all the time. Should not be an issue.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing I have not had a problem entering with my pass multiple times in one day.

• 3 weeks later...

since this thread popped up again, I'll also put a final answer of what happened in regards to my original question. Partially re-stating previous replies, but

1. Gold Pass gets you in no-matter what into parking
I presume there are some flags if someone enters the lot too quickly with a gold pass to help reduce fraud (more than one in a short time-span), but overall it doesn't mind general re-entry every so often.

2. Despite what the Season Pass ToS says for KI, the park does not require season passholders to acquire a "stamp" (a receipt ticket basically) to re-enter the park. You just re-use your season pass. 

That's really it, I had a blast at Coasterstock and am already looking forward to the next one.

• Like 2