Two VIP experiences now on sale at Kings Island

BoddaH1994

Unless VIP area access is important, you're better off only getting one of the bundle package if you have a full car load going.  Not everyone needs to pay for funpix and parking.  May 23rd for example: It's ~$170 for a addmission, fl+, and prem dining.  So basically $30 for VIP access.

I'd imagine this varies by day some, but worth pricing it out if you have a group going and looking to save a few bucks.

It's not unheard of that VIP tours for parks not include park tickets but that is Disney. Not to downplay Kings Island as a quality park as it definitely is but the incentives are not compelling enough for me to really recommend this. For me all you need is a Fast pass and Meal Plan for a great day. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, robt said:

Outdoors, chips and drinks only. It didn’t look worthy of $40 pp to me 

I think it works well for the non-passholder or a family that comes with a member that doesn't ride rides.  Certainly cheaper and longer experience than the Winterfest Igloos.

You forgot about the outstanding view :P

image.png

35 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I think it works well for the non-passholder or a family that comes with a member that doesn't ride rides.  Certainly cheaper and longer experience than the Winterfest Igloos.

You forgot about the outstanding view :P

image.png

LOL - There REALLY hd to have been a better place to have done this. I mean - where they did it was EASY, and probably should've been just a 50th patio bar with the 50 drinks and a few easy 50 food items, then done a real VIP lounge someplace indoor/outdoor with patio access. It might've been more expensive to have gone that route, but would've been a neat, long term investment. 

The whole "you'll walk around with a tour guide" thing isn't for me... I guess that's more for enthusiasts that are really into the inner workings of the park? (Like, maybe you could ask - "what's behind that fence?" and your "tour guide" will tell you what's "behind the curtain"? lol ) But having worked at the park before, still, it doesn't do anything for me lol  

14 hours ago, NegativeGs said:

I walked past the VIP area at CP many times last year. I don't recall seeing many people enjoying it. For me, amusement parks are about exhilaration. If you want to feel important, buy yourself FL+ and enjoy.

Yeah, I'm not going to pay a bunch of money to go an amusement park and deal with travelling there only to pay even more money for the right to sit on some comfy seats instead of heading to the next attraction. Doesn't even have AC or a good view.

I suppose there are those people who need a rest now and then at the park but the difference between the lounge and any random bench would be hard to justify for anyone who isn't rich.

• Like 2

Wasn't CPs VIP given away to random people, or did they have a purchase option also?

It is interesting, set up an igloo for a what at most 5-6 hour Winterfest night and charge a lot of money and they sell out in advance for almost every night.

Set up a VIP area for a lot less money for a 10 hour operating day and barely anyone uses it.

I say give it time.  We are still early in the season and I suspect we will see more use late June and thru July as more non-passholders come to the park.

• Like 1

I don’t get the appeal of the VIP lounge.  The fountain area of International Street is peaceful and beautiful and perfect for taking a break.    The VIP area is  similar to a wedding tent.     Is the appeal that one paid for access?  

$449 for a tour without admission  is outrageous.  Especially considering the probably pay the tour guide $20/hour at most.   Plus this seems to be yet another level of Fast Lane on top of thst program already slowing lines down since they get immediate access.   Although there won’t be much participation, it’s something else to slow operations. 

What I get from this is that Cedar Fair underprices their season passes and especially dining plans enough that they have to dream up unnecessary ideas to squeeze more revenue.     Instead of focusing on the best operations possible to warrant higher season pass prices.   I would gladly pay more for a season pass if the park was better run overall for every customer Instead of wasting resources on these upcharge gimmicks

• Like 1

I saw the other day that the special pricing for season passes had been extended... I believe the deal was only supposed to last around Memorial Day, but the site said it was extended...

I'm wondering if this means that they didn't sell as many passes as they expected? Or do they always say "this deal only lasts until Memorial Day"... and then extend it anyway?

And now the special VIP experiences are being offered, so the connection I'm making here... less revenue than they expected from the passes, perhaps? Anyone else thinking something similar?

On 6/11/2022 at 8:06 AM, MeredithGrey said:

I saw the other day that the special pricing for season passes had been extended... I believe the deal was only supposed to last around Memorial Day, but the site said it was extended...

I'm wondering if this means that they didn't sell as many passes as they expected? Or do they always say "this deal only lasts until Memorial Day"... and then extend it anyway?

And now the special VIP experiences are being offered, so the connection I'm making here... less revenue than they expected from the passes, perhaps? Anyone else thinking something similar?

Nope that is their typical marketing ploy.

Pre-pandemic 2019 was a record year for Cedar Fair and year to date, this year is way better financially than 2019.

As a chain, Cedar Fair is reporting record revenue.  Revenue is up 21% thru Memorial Day compared to pre-pandemic 2019, despite 14 fewer operating days in 2022 compared to 2019...Season pass sales up 24% and season pass add-ons up 46% compared to same period in 2019, and a 28% increase in in-park per capita spending  - all records for the chain.

• Like 2

That spot has been my sanctuary when trying to keep up with my teenager who runs me into the ground when we go. After a riding for awhile, a good beer and comfy chair under the Diamondback lift hill is needed...ha! 

• Like 1