Actor Barry Williams “Greg Brady” to narrate Kings Island’s 50th Night Time Spectacular

BoddaH1994

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2022/may/brady-bunch-actor-barry-williams-to-narrate-the-story-of-kings-islands-first-50-years-during-parks-brand-new-nighttime-finale?fbclid=IwAR3x3bqCfSrRRB5I5wT7GSJWFUaXWP7v_5_CyQHugxzMERCUk0NH-k_rN8M#.YoT2NZ0gsMs.facebook

The 14-minute show is four times longer than Kings Island’s traditional evening finale with the immersive experience featuring fireworks, 200 synchronized drones, fire bursts, laser projections on International Street and an all-new song created just for the celebration.

Williams will be on hand at Kings Island May 28 to help kick off the celebration.

I’d describe how excited I am for this show, but it would violate TOS for all of the four letter words and jibberish. OH MY GOD

banner-barry.png

• Like 5

14 minute show?  Featuring 200 synchronized drones with fire works, fire bursts and laser projections?  Sounds very awesome!  Almost on caliber with a Disney night time show.  The evening fireworks shows have been amazing with the lights on International Street and the fountains all synced to the music.  Can`t wait to see this show!

• Like 4

I understand that my geek out level is much higher for this sort of stuff than it is for most of you, but for those who haven't seen, these are now around the permitter of the tower. Not sure if they're spot lights or lasers. Either one would be awesome! The lights were moving earlier this evening, as if whomever it programming them was testing them.

IMG_1199.jpeg

Also, do you see the hole in the cage of the 50'? Was that aways there? Anyone want to speculate what that's for?

IMG_1295.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, disco2000 said:

Greg Brady will be attempting to throw footballs thru that opening :lol:  And if he is successful, the 50 foot platform opens for the 50th anniversary :P 

Tell me that Marge will be there to sell him the footballs….

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I understand that my geek out level is much higher for this sort of stuff than it is for most of you, but for those who haven't seen, these are now around the permitter of the tower. Not sure if they're spot lights or lasers. Either one would be awesome!

Moving lights. Elation Proteus Lucius to be exact.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Moving lights. Elation Proteus Lucius to be exact.

https://www.elationlighting.com/proteus-lucius

(for those keeping track at home)

Only $10,000 each! What a deal!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1700693-REG/elation_professional_prl546_proteus_lucius_ip65_580w.html/?ap=y&gbraid=0AAAAAD7yMh0Vi5gj14Q9UZrvdLnrhivuK&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-JyUBhCuARIsANUqQ_L4a3n-Ii6813gyDcYCbYBzXK3piBZeFszwZ8xI6QhyLDwnoNUl5r8aAlVbEALw_wcB&lsft=BI%3A514&smp=y

This has an Epcot feel, with the lights around the lagoon there.

• Like 2

This is going to be a great show. With good weather expected this weekend (mid-70s and partly cloudy tomorrow, sunny and much warmer Sunday and Monday), I'd expect large crowds. I will be there tomorrow and look forward to seeing this show

• Like 2

If it’s really synchronized to the music it will be spectacular.   Versus just playing music while the lights etc are doing their thing like the first year of the new fountain. 

I thought the fountain show last year was decently synchronized to the music.   Whoever programmed it got the idea of matching the lights and water action to the music.   Hopefully more of the same. 

12 minutes ago, super7 said:

If it’s really synchronized to the music it will be spectacular.   Versus just playing music while the lights etc are doing their thing like the first year of the new fountain. 

I thought the fountain show last year was decently synchronized to the music.   Whoever programmed it got the idea of matching the lights and water action to the music.   Hopefully more of the same. 

They brought in special talent to direct this show. Assuming the show works correctly (although it started late, it appeared to work correctly tonight) then if this doesn’t impress you then I don’t know what will. I look forward to hearing your opinion once you get to see the show!

• Like 3

Was there tonight as well. Everything seemed to be synced to the music pretty well. Fountain lights, building lights, lasers and some of the fireworks we synced. It is really impressive and one of the best displays I’ve ever seen.

Was standing next to some people that had something to do on some part of the display as they were in conversation with the guys at Kings Island that were one the phones and walkie talkies with the teams in the field and overheard during some of the conversations that they were concerned with the drone battery life because they started 15 minutes late. Drones disappeared around the 9 or 10 minutes mark with the “snowflake” display, so I wonder if they did indeed run out of battery power as the last 5 minutes did not have any drones.  Regardless, it was amazing!

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I found one of the ET's for the meet and greet and watch the fireworks in the IR! 

PXL_20220528_142859486.jpg

The show alone will make this an unforgettable night. The fact that you get to spend it with Barry Williams is just icing on the cake!

• Like 4