PKD'S TR:TR Contstruction

PkiJake13

Maybe it's just the cloudy skies in the pictures, but that ride looks pitiful. They better have some ultra theming on that thing because being outdoors and allowing the riders to see a roller coaster and several buildings is definitely a strike against the theme. On the plus side, being a fraction of KI's TRTR's size, I'll bet this thing will actually be able to move.

I zoomed in - and it looks like it is already painted and everything. It looks all rusty and everything - but I guess thats part of the theming.

There are plenty of Topspins out there that are open. Granted, the theming on ours is cool. Plus being indoors and having the one and only Giant Topspin is a plus. But seriously - do you think it will suck if it is not up to par with the theming on PKI's version? I mean a Topspin is an excellent ride - even if it was just painted gray, and sitting in the middle of a non themed baseball diamond.

If it were JUST a topspin it would be fine. I don't know of any terrible topspins. My problem is that it does not look like it will live up to what it's supposed to be: another TRTR. Granted, ours being in a building gives it an edge, but I'm looking at PKD's the way it should be looked at, for what it is (outdoors), and so far I am unimpressed.

By the way, is that TRTR's entrance sign in one of the pictures? Whatever it is, why did they choose to decorate it with an elephant's butt?

offtopic.gif

It makes me think of PCW's TRTR and our Face/Off; two rides named after movies yet have very little to do with the movie. Especially Face/Off. It's obviously named for the movie, not just for the position you sit in, but there is nothing at all that links it to the movie; not even posters like what Top Gun has.

Yeah, if people do not know there is a Face Off movie, then they will probably think the name refers to the position in which the train is set up. I do believe that there used to be a Face Off movie banner hanging on one of the movie signs aroung the water tower at some point.

Actually the poster is NEAR the ride, but not on the ride like Top Gun's posters. Yes I'm getting technical. And yes Drop Zone doesn't really have any theming relating it to the movie either, but that is forgivable because it does have it's own story related to stunt sky diving.

Yes - they have a regular Topspin. Ours is the Giant Topspin.

I think we will have to wait and see how this one turns out. Sure - it proably will be seriously less on thrills than our Tomb Raider. But Topspins can still be cool. Look at Ripsaw at Alton Towers! On TRTR at PKI - you MIGHT get a little spritz. On Ripsaw - its the equivalent of putting your face in front of a fire hydrant, and pulling off the cap. You WILL get soaked - no matter where you sit. So regular Topspins (the Gravitron in RCT) would probably still be cool. tongue.gif

I think we're all spoiled by having the biggest and most thrilling Topspin in the world! laugh.gif

FOF1996 it is widely rumored PKD is getting a coaster next year so its not really an assumption. Plus, it is also believed that Hypersonic will be removed in a year or two due to maintenence so considering thats one of there two best coasters they'll have to replace it with something.

What make you think PKD will get a coaster next year?

Nobody on here is an expert. You’re a fool if you think you are. We all like to guess and speculate what’s coming up next. Some people get information from sources inside. With a smaller flat like this they could be planning on a coaster for next year. Just idle chit chat man. By the way try proof reading your posts.