The Geese of KI

DJSkyFoxx

I thought this might be a fun topic to start. Especially for those who frequent the park a lot. For those animal and nature lovers, I thought it might be fun to keep track of the baby geese and their growth through the season. 

My girlfriend and I had our evening made this past Sunday when we saw these little cuties. The mom even brought them up close for us to see. 

I love how the park leaves them be. They seem quite happy by the fountain and people seem to enjoy watching them. 

Feel free to share your KI goose updates here if you wish! 

A8BB501D-CEB5-452A-8443-E040A7CD4B7A.jpeg

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I wish guest would leave the geese alone.  On my last visit we yelled at two different groups of people to leave the group of geese alone.  

The geese (at least the adult ones) will eventually make it clear that you should leave them alone. But yeah, I don't get why people aren't content just watching them from a safe distance.

I’m an animal lover but some animals don’t belong in some places.   Geese crap as big as dogs do.   And they have no distinction between doing it on the grass or walkways.   

Just like the skunks they use to have.  (I think they are gone).  Adorable but a huge potential problem with guests

It’s best to humanely discourage them from the area if one wants a clean park.    I have seen low, non electrical wires put around the water to keep geese from making a hangout.  Some solution like that. 

CP has a seagull problem in which there isn’t a solution.   The front midway is usually a  littered with seagull crap.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, super7 said:

I’m an animal lover but some animals don’t belong in some places.   Geese crap as big as dogs do.   And they have no distinction between doing it on the grass or walkways.   

Just like the skunks they use to have.  (I think they are gone).  Adorable but a huge potential problem with guests

It’s best to humanely discourage them from the area if one wants a clean park.    I have seen low, non electrical wires put around the water to keep geese from making a hangout.  Some solution like that. 

CP has a seagull problem in which there isn’t a solution.   The front midway is usually a  littered with seagull crap.   

alka-seltzer...

...i tease, dont shoot me...