VIP Firework viewing (not the VIP tours, that’s different)

BoddaH1994

My reaction to this echoes what I've seen from a lot of people on Facebook - the pricing is ridiculous. The views from the restaurant are nice, but not too many families are going to spend $300+ for dessert and a unique view of the fireworks.

• Like 1

^We all said that when FL was being tested here that nobody would pay $50 for that for one day....it sold out....now price can be double or more and people can purchase all season and FL sells out more days than not...

I am sure the VIP fireworks will be no different and it will do well.  I suspect the majority will be the adult groups that come here for one day and splurge on FL+, daily meal plan, etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, disco2000 said:

^We all said that when FL was being tested here that nobody would pay $50 for that for one day....it sold out....now price can be double or more and people can purchase all season and FL sells out more days than not...

I am sure the VIP fireworks will be no different and it will do well.  I suspect the majority will be the adult groups that come here for one day and splurge on FL+, daily meal plan, etc.

Maybe you’ll be right but let’s not act like $75 dessert and a better view of a firework show will command the same amount of demand as fastlane. This product has way less benefit to someone’s overall experience compared to fastlane.

I agree with you, but once you slap VIP or exclusive or limited to something, people go crazy over it LOL.  People are fascinated with that location and are willing to pay to be there.  Look at the success of the WF buffet in that location that many meal plan holders jumped all over, as well as the dining cards purchased during limited run events by so many people with meal plans. 

Personally I am shocked so many with meal plans would pay to eat at the buffet or buy the Carnivale or Tricks/Treats dining cards, yet they were bought in quantity by said guests and upping the per cap spending by a lot. 

While some here say no way at the price, there will be many that are ok with it and do it and I would be shocked if it isn't a winner for KI.  People here thought paint chips of Eiffel Tower was too expensive and it sold well, as does just about everything they put a price to.  People are willing to spend for memories and experiences.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 10:26 AM, flightoffear1996 said:

If people are willing to buy it sell it!  That is what makes America great!  Charge what you want sell what you want! 

This aged well. One thing has been clear so far this season, Kings Islands pricing for these up-charge experiences is out of control. Feel bad for the suckers (if they even exist?) who spent $400 on the premium vip tour.   Glad the park is decreasing the cost but I still don’t think a lot of these experiences are worth their price, $25 would be what I’d charge for a slice of cake and premium firework viewing.

13 hours ago, Born_in_'72 said:

Initially, I thought the same thing.  However, on further thought, you can get to pretty much any quantity (with the obvious exceptions of 1 and 3) with a combination of those numbers.

Lol. I never thought about combining them. But at that point-why not do this CRAZY thing and sell individually. Maybe even give a discount of 6 or more. 

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2022 at 7:46 AM, txdrummer said:

I would do it except for the fact that it is not available to "single riders" so to speak.

Whaat? Dude, whoever is in charge of this, open it up to single rider folks. Wink, wink... come on - some real fireworks could happen amongst these people! ;) Especially amongst folks who would rather mingle & mix at a civil place like KI instead of at a sleazy bar ;) 

All kidding aside...us singletons are a real source of cash... seriously... Don't miss out on the money we have to spend. Those of us who are SINKS (single income, no kids) might surprise you with how much cash we have to drop - lol - And whoever is making these decisions needs to understand that a large portion of millennials are either delaying the choice to have kids, or they are not having kids at all... .and what does that have to do with this? It means that you need to keep this demographic of people in mind as you plan activities... adults without children are becoming a larger demographic that actually has the ability to pay for higher-priced things... if you include them... and don't put restrictions in place, like requiring them to bring a guest

TXdrummer, have a great time whatever you're doing :) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, MeredithGrey said:

Whaat? Dude, whoever is in charge of this, open it up to single rider folks. Wink, wink... come on - some real fireworks could happen amongst these people! ;) Especially amongst folks who would rather mingle & mix at a civil place like KI instead of at a sleazy bar ;) 

All kidding aside...us singletons are a real source of cash... seriously... Don't miss out on the money we have to spend. Those of us who are SINKS (single income, no kids) might surprise you with how much cash we have to drop - lol - And whoever is making these decisions needs to understand that a large portion of millennials are either delaying the choice to have kids, or they are not having kids at all... .and what does that have to do with this? It means that you need to keep this demographic of people in mind as you plan activities... adults without children are becoming a larger demographic that actually has the ability to pay for higher-priced things... if you include them... and don't put restrictions in place, like requiring them to bring a guest

TXdrummer, have a great time whatever you're doing :) 

You bring up a few good points here. I hope they do single visitors as well. There are a pleather of people (even married people with kids) who will do a solo day at the park that they are missing as well. I was there two days solo just this week. Having an extra experience available might be enticing that you would not spend the money on for the full family. Example: My wife and I have all season fast lane. Did we make that purchase for our kids we well? Nope.

• Like 2