Renovated Tower Gardens Opens

BoddaH1994

True. It’s odd that this wasn’t talked about. I bet it’s a blog post soon. AND a missed opportunity to make it more “interactive” by NOT putting the ride names by the towers. Wish there was a board when you entered with the logos or names listed and a QR to scan to check the answers. If you really wanted to take it next level and “gifts for the 50”,  correct guesses entered BEFORE checking the QR code enters you in a drawing for a set of mini ride theme towers. 

• Like 1

This is the first thing I did when I got to the park today and I really enjoyed it. The engravings turned out nice and it was cool to go through Kings Island's history, one stone at a time (and also the billboards). And the Eiffel Towers representing the coasters were really cool; I think my favorite was the Adventure Express one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Looks wonderful, but bizarre that the park never even publicized they were doing anything with Tower Gardens! What an easy positive PR story.

It’s only the park’s 50th anniversary celebration. It’s not like Barry Williams is going to hang out with himself all day. 

Speaking of which, wouldn’t you think the news would be there if Greg Brady is at the park? I have really seen anything in the news about it today. Good thing there’s the blog or we wouldn’t know anything about what’s going on at the park. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I thought Tower Gardens was really well done.  Some additional pics.20220529_151652.jpg20220529_151628.jpg20220529_151613.jpg20220529_151216.jpg

20220529_151321.jpg

looks like they are trying to simulate the "black hole" with acres of mulch on the ORION one LOL. It looks nice, but could've been planted a wee bit thicker in a few areas. 

Love the new tower gardens.  The towers for the coasters is a great idea.  Also the 15 blank slates will hopefully allow them to continue the story for years to come.  The only coasters that don't have towers are the ones in kiddy land (4 total).  Maybe for next year they could hold a contest and have children enter designs for shorter "towers" and have them in place for next season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KIEagle33 said:

I haven't seen the new tower gardens yet, does anyone know if there's  a Vortex Eiffel Tower replica yet?

No, just coasters that are currently operating in the park. All of them are pictured in my gallery above.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I have a few pics of the stones:

2AFBEB2E-A5AE-4F55-B65D-52A2D53F22F3.jpeg

C79B0481-06AF-4B90-B5E0-80C70DBBFBFA.jpeg

78582D7D-6772-4AED-ACAD-410F0B621995.jpeg

18C8EE7A-0956-478F-8F1A-217B5DC7A5EF.jpeg

07E444C7-EFD0-4769-9439-F75948E3E7EC.jpeg

1551ED3F-EDC0-4E6E-9AE5-E2F0BF440213.jpeg

I do like how some of the stones foreshadow the next year’s addition

Do the stones go by every year? Or when something significant happens at the park. I could see something like a flat ride next year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Do the stones go by every year? Or when something significant happens at the park. I could see something like a flat ride next year.

Every year. 

What’s weird is that it starts with us 1972. Obviously the park opened in ‘72, but the park’s history doesn’t begin there. They also have a blank one before the ‘72 block. Maybe they are going to summarize five years of history on that stone. 

• Like 1