Giant Frisbee's

PkiJake13

They probably made a deal with Huss when they bought TR:TR. Could be wrong though.

your probably right they probably signed a contract to have 2 or 3 rides built by them. I think that they were suppose to get 1 more huss ride but didnt bc of Deliriums floor or somethin.

"your probably right they probably signed a contract to have 2 or 3 rides built by them. I think that they were suppose to get 1 more huss ride but didnt bc of Deliriums floor or somethin."

This is a common misconception. Normally, parks do not contract for x number of rides. Everyone thinks this about Intamin and Cedar Point since Intamin installed their last three. I don't think they got much of a break for buying three if at all.

i just hope pkd did not sign a contract for huss too(maybe?) if they signed for 2 or 3 years we don't get a coaster next year sad.gif . It is most likely pkd is getting 1 next year because most of the paramount park waited 5 years to get a new major coaster ricochet is NOT major in 2001 hyperssonic came and its a major coaster now count up to 5 years and there you have it 2006. on www.anmpkd.com rumors this guy was right and he knew before everyone. he said "in 2005 an outdoor version of tombraider: the ride is coming, In 2006 pkd is going to get a rollercoaster and its suppose to be specail. if pkd signed a contract for huss. ouououououououououououou mad.gif .

I wish we could have a giant frisbee at SFGAm, but we had to go and get a normal one. dry.gif (its still fun though!)

But yes, alot of parks/chains will buy rides in bulk(as in more than one), to get them at discounted price. But you dont see to many parks do this anymore, or at least with a new ride design.... I think everyone learned from the Six Flags/Deja Vu deal. =)

Paramount must have a pretty good realationship with Premier to buy double from them again. First the two Flight of Fears, and now the two IJ's.

^ Yeah, it was kind of funny how all of the Great Adventure fanboys were passing around all of that bull about SFGAdv having a deal with B&M to build four coasters in a row. They got three in a row in 99, 01, and 03, and must have started making up stuff about there being a deal for four.

Funny, they all must have been pretty shocked when they unveiled Kingda Ka.

In the long run it's probably cheaper to have multiple rides by a single manufacturer. I'm sure TRTR and Delirium have certain interchangable parts by Huss that wouldn't work on a Mondial. Parts are probably cheaper in bulk, where we might not need to buy in bulk if we only had one Huss ride, but since we have 2 it may be cheaper to buy many parts. Also it makes the maintenance workers job easier because he knows that a certain manufacturer has certain problems. If every ride had a different manufacturer, their job would be much more difficult. This might be wrong, and might not go into consideration when buying rides, but it might. This is all my speculation.

"You completely missed what I was saying, congradulations. I said multiple not all"

You need to learn how to spell, congratulations. I didn't say all either if you read my post, but obviously you didn't. This is what you said,

"If every ride had a different manufacturer, their job would be much more difficult."

I would say that there is a good chunk of rides that have different manufacturers already in the park. So, what was your point anyway?

I'm not "derbeast" but I think his point was, the more rides that are made by the same company, the easier it is for our maintenance(sp?) crew...You also forgot the part where derbeast said "This is all my specualtion" and nowhere does he claim to be a spelling bee champion. So pull your underwear out of your butt crack.

What I'm saying is if every single ride in the park had a different manufacturer, with different sized nuts and bolts, proxys, wheels, sensors, control panels, etc, it would be enough to make a maintenance worker go nuts. Since we have multiple Huss, Arrow, Vekoma, Intamin, etc rides with interchangeable parts, it has to make the life of a maintenance worker easier.

It would seem much easier for a Maintenance Crew to work with a few manufacturers, I know for one thing, Zamperla is not one of the greatest for their Service and Support Department, they are, to put it nicely, lacking. If a Park, for Example Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, has Several Vekoma Rides, Past and Present...

Vampire

T2

Roller Skater

Quake (prototype)

Carousel

Giant Wheel

and a few Huss Rides Currently...

Chaos

Rainbow

Bluebeard's Bounty

Enterprise

They seem to want to work with only specific Manufacturers, they have a minimal interst in Zamperla, other than Kiddie Rides, they are simpler to maintain, and they are all made cheap by Zamperla, they have at least 10 Zamperla Kiddie Rides.

Such could follow PKI, however, with Differnt Manufacturers, such as Premier Parks, Huss, Arrow, and as sad as it is... Vekoma...Face/Off and RRR. Nice rides from an awful Manufacturer. laugh.gif

...With such a variety, they would certainly be able to order a few extra pieces, and sensors, and such... this would drastically reduce Maintenance Suicide Rates... lol, really it would increase sanity, and *ahem* reduce Maintenance Cursing, as Ive heard... SFKK!

Maybe he didn't win any spelling bees, but spelling is a part of the TOS (terms of servie) agreement that you obviously didn't read.

I sort of see his point, but being a 30yr. old park, there would already have to be several manufacturers already in place.