Phantom Theater Encore Reviews

Cedar Fair Fanboy

Yeah, he's been gone for several years. I've heard his job prevents him from being able to post here (that's what someone said here a few years ago and I'm pretty sure I heard someone say that at an event one time as well). I did meet him in person on closing day at KI one time years ago though.

My hope is this show is a smash.. and gets held over into next season (as shows used to do waaaaaay back in the day,,, Celebration etc.)

But more importantly, I hope its a smash and sends a message about how, to this very day, the attraction remains immensely popular...

(I plan on seeing the show tomorrow... VERY excited!)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Honestly I get what they are trying to do here but it seems unfair to those of you that scheduled around trying to be the first to see the show on Saturday.

Past history has indicated it is a very strong likelihood that a preview show will happen.

Edit so as to not double post:

About 350 saw the first show.  Who saw and what was your favorite part?  Anyone like what they saw in lobby (or are you too young to appreciate lol)?

• Like 2

I just got my 13 year old daughter's input on the show. She really enjoyed it. Her review: The jokes and storyline were good. I would like to have seen a little more of the acrobatics along with more of the backup dancers incorporated into the show. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I just got my 13 year old daughter's input on the show. She really enjoyed it. Her review: The jokes and storyline were good. I would like to have seen a little more of the acrobatics along with more of the backup dancers incorporated into the show. 

I bet you enjoyed the lobby more than her lol.

3 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Past history has indicated it is a very strong likelihood that a preview show will happen.

Edit so as to not double post:

About 350 saw the first show.  Who saw and what was your favorite part?  Anyone like what they saw in lobby (or are you too young to appreciate lol)?

loved  the lobby-gave it  context. love that there was actual concept art/ model and pieces from the ride. Enjoy it pokes fun at past management and it’s own history. Wish there was more “dancing” that added energy to the show-it dragged a bit with the headliners. Umm, why no close with “you’ll be baaaaack”???

• Like 2

Fantastic show, fantastic lobby preview! 10 out of 10! The original scrim and original animatronic head plus sculpture was a very welcome addition. I also learned they removed the moving bust from Boo Blasters just for this event. It’s apparent that they have put lots of love into this show. Highly recommend! They had more stuff these are just a few of the photos. 9085502A-9A26-4D27-98CA-9450E1042ABB.jpeg3CFCB84D-CD6E-4826-8995-3914D25BA81A.jpeg358D60E3-7417-4F0F-A6C3-4A7149B42A15.jpeg

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I’m playing the world’s smallest violin for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Responses like this is how arguments begin on this site which I'm not trying to create. As a theater major I am just speaking from experience of gigs I have been a part of. Most recently Hamilton in Vegas recently began selling tickets and is receiving a lot of sales and those that were lucky enough to get a ticket only recently found they had been bamboozled by TicketMaster (which in itself is its own bag of issues) to only have their tickets that they were so excited to use to see one of Americas biggest show revoked due to overselling of other promotions. It hits a blow when you love theater as much as some and don't get your entry as you thought you had. Imagine how it is for enthusiasts trying unsuccessfully to get a vertual queue for  Guardians Cosmic Rewind opening day to not make it to any of the time slots.

I'll admit I have gone to see previews of shows before their official opening that were sold well in advance just so I could be one of the first to see a brand new show open in Vegas, my main concern was purely compassion towards the members on this site that has mentioned they will be there on opening day, I'm sure they were excited to be the first to be in line as I am sure they will still be tomorrow. Next time you want to play your violin leave it for the orchestra alongside next to Maestro.

I do applaud the KI team and Paul for working long hours no doubt to get the lobby ready in time for the preview! That is a major feat. In addition all the work that has been done this year for the 50th that still just seem to be coming one after another. We got so much more than we ever expected!

• Thanks 1