Phantom Theater Encore Reviews

Cedar Fair Fanboy

I’ll be there too! 

Also, the first time I went through the Boiler Room scene after Phantom Theater Encore I was like, “meh.” But I saw it again over the weekend with added fog and it seemed to go over very well. Now it’s kind of a neat little addition!

EC904248-803E-4DD1-BE61-70AC8E72883D.jpeg2B66342D-30BD-4036-8658-CEF13A5605CA.jpeg

• Like 4

Left and right front exit doors. There’s a “BOILER ROOM” sign pointing that way each side. They are “lighting the way” now to draw attention to it now. I LOVE that it is such an inside thing. You totally would have to know the ride for it to make sense as it’s not even referenced in the show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 11:31 PM, Emily48098 said:

Since we are talking about hot actresses in the show; Can we get some love for Willard the "Caught in the Ropes" girl? :wub:

I don’t know enough about their act to know if what they are doing is particularly impressive or not. From an audience perspective it certainly is. I think an underrated part of the show is when they threaten to beat the Maestro and pantomime busting his kneecaps. They have really good comedic timing with that. It’s also kind of funny how Willard, who is probably 5’ at the most plays the tough guy roll. So fun!

Also:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don’t know enough about their act to know if what they are doing is particularly impressive or not. From an audience perspective it certainly is. I think an underrated part of the show is when they threaten to beat the Maestro and pantomime busting his kneecaps. They have really good comedic timing with that. It’s also kind of funny how Willard, who is probably 5’ at the most plays the tough guy roll. So fun!

I am not sure @Emily48098 is much worried about the act itself in her post. :P

On 7/12/2022 at 11:31 PM, Emily48098 said:

Since we are talking about hot actresses in the show; Can we get some love for Willard the "Caught in the Ropes" girl? :wub:

I was just making a meme joke that referenced the original ride, so I’m not going to comment on the looks of the performers because that’s a little weird. 

I’ll say this, though. Saw the show for the first time yesterday with my fiancé and we were both blown away. We spoke to a gentlemen outside before the show who suggested they release the show as an album and I couldn’t agree more. It’s a lot of fun. 

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Also:

This is subtle. 

Edited by beastfan11
Spelling
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

At this point will anyone be surprised with the announcement for next year lol....

I actually would.  Boo blasters has had work done on it last off-season.  Plus if they were going to replace it work would have had to start before they knew the popularity of Phantom Theatre Encore.  That being said if they were going to replace Boo Blasters that would be more probable for the 2024 season.  However there is a large building that is not doing anything that they could be working on without anyone noticing.  Of course I'm talking about the old Action Theatre.  It would be tough, but I think they could have a phantom reboot in that building by next season.  I'll have to check from the tower if there is any action around there next visit.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

At this point will anyone be surprised with the announcement for next year lol....

If you are implying that they’ll announce the ride is coming back you’re almost certainly wrong. If you’re thinking the show will be back next year I’d say it’s without a doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

If you are implying that they’ll announce the ride is coming back you’re almost certainly wrong. If you’re thinking the show will be back next year I’d say it’s without a doubt. 

All do respect, I hope you’re wrong. About that first part, anyway. Haha. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, beastfan11 said:

All do respect, I hope you’re wrong. About that first part, anyway. Haha. 

Oh, I hope I’m wrong too! And if the buzz is what I think it is, there is hope! But there needs to be some feathers ruffled to get this conversation going within the ranks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

I actually would.  Boo blasters has had work done on it last off-season.  Plus if they were going to replace it work would have had to start before they knew the popularity of Phantom Theatre Encore.  That being said if they were going to replace Boo Blasters that would be more probable for the 2024 season.  However there is a large building that is not doing anything that they could be working on without anyone noticing.  Of course I'm talking about the old Action Theatre.  It would be tough, but I think they could have a phantom reboot in that building by next season.  I'll have to check from the tower if there is any action around there next visit.

Love that you and I have ID’d the same spot. That end of the midway is in desperate need of a makeover! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

So we have never had other attractions that had work done during the off-season and were removed within a year or two....and one that didn't even open after being painted and was removed months later....

Boo Blasters is hardly Slingshot.  Let me know how many people were injured on each.  Point is 99% sure Boo will be back next year (need to keep the joke in the show relevant :) )

Saw it yesterday and loved it! Both of my kids (8 and 5) walked out saying they wished Phantom Theater was still there and not Boo Blasters. They loved the “moving” busts and looking at all the old images and layouts in the lobby. They also stood and watched the ride POV playing on the screen without complaint, which is unusual lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

While I’d doubt we ever get a remake of the original ride, I could certainly see them either installing a knotty beary tales type ride or retheme of Boo Blasters to include Maestro and the boys. I’d be surprised if they didn’t as popular as it’s demand has been.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

How many were injured on our slingshot? 

What about King Cobra....I am sure the repaint cost more than the Boo Blasters repair...and it was removed two years after being painted....

Injuries are not the only reason rides are removed.

Plus Boo still barely works even with a “repair”

• Like 1

And we didn’t ever ride enchanted theater while it was open. But I think a lot of visitors to the park might be in a similar place.

Well, nobody has ever rode enchanted theater. They might have watched a show there, but that was after Enchanted Voyage closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...