Phantom Theater Encore Reviews

Cedar Fair Fanboy

15 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I for one, hope it does return!

#imisshildabovine

#sheaintsung

#maestroneedsmorechardonay

I hope it returns as well.  Back in the day when KI had the best shows in the industry they would run a show for 2 years.  As I've stated before I hope they do this with Encore as well as release a vinyl album (like they did with Celebration) with a bi-fold cover full of show and behind the scenes pictures and a qr code for digital download.  My copy of Celebration was signed by most of the cast.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robintodd said:

I hope it returns as well.  Back in the day when KI had the best shows in the industry they would run a show for 2 years.  As I've stated before I hope they do this with Encore as well as release a vinyl album (like they did with Celebration) with a bi-fold cover full of show and behind the scenes pictures and a qr code for digital download.  My copy of Celebration was signed by most of the cast.  

Sign me up as another who would love a vinyl record. 

• Like 1

I certainly hope they bring back Phantom Theater encore as it made me and many others genuinely emotional seeing all that old stuff and hearing the music again, but I sincerely think that in the next few years, a new dark ride will come, not sure if it’ll be Phantom or not, but the park is aware of the popularity of the ride and I hope they see that it’ll be sure to be a hit. They need to breathe some life back into the Boo Blasters building. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I think at least for my family that shows typically run their course after a year without alot of changes.  It is a great show and honestly one of reason we renewed our passes last year.  However, there are only so many times the jokes work before loosing the appeal. 

They might make some alterations for this season so it might not be the exact same show. 

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

They might make some alterations for this season so it might not be the exact same show. 

Is most likely the jokes, I've already got one for Maestro talking to Larry. "You can't just join in like this unannounced! It's isn't Americans got talent! Well for you, you'll get the golden buzzer automatically."

I would much rather see a continuation of the story to an extent than a straight redux. Perhaps make it a Haunt exclusive show? 

Phantom Theater Encore was the first non-Winterfest show that I can genuinely say I was impressed with in years. The park honestly created something that felt inspired and timeless, which is a massive statement to what the park strived for last year. 

I think the park itself won't be on par with the likes of CP/Knott's entertainment value for awhile, but this was a great first step. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Interesting to note that this year in the Phantom Theater Encore lobby the display of props with the great Houdilinis head and Shakespeare actor is missing the Maestros head that was in the bottom part of the case, also Houdilinis eyes are silently different from last year. I wonder what happened to Maestros head?

this year
IMG_2947.jpeg
last yearIMG_0610.jpeg

• Like 1