new up comming coasters?

felix

SOB and Face /Off were that last real coasters in my book added to PKI. When will they build something new and big like a millenium force or Raptor. Yea PKI isn't really trying to compeat with big rich Brother Cedar Point but seriously We need to at least stay close to them. The "IJST" will be sweet don't get me wrong, but PKI needs another big coaster. PLus why expand the kids nick land when they could expand out back by Outer Limits and the Helipad and create another Action Zone type area with bigger rides? What do you guys think?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Central needs an Expansion PKI has held on the the golden ticket for some time now and they are not gonna let that go I wouldnt look for a big coaster until 2007 or 2008.That area (behind FOF)your talking about has been rumored to be the grounds of a new dark ride themed to the addams family so please dont get your hopes up for coaster because after IJ:ST it will be a while.

I am sick of these people whining about not getting a coaster, even when we are getting a brand new on NEXT YEAR!!! Bigger isn't better. CP obviously hasn't been doing well last year. Not only did we beat them in attendance, but PCW also beat them. We DO compete with CP, and not only do we compete, but we WIN! GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY!

SOB and Face /Off were that last real coasters in my book added to PKI. When will they build something new and big like a millenium force or Raptor. Yea PKI isn't really trying to compeat with big rich Brother Cedar Point but seriously We need to at least stay close to them. The "IJST" will be sweet don't get me wrong, but PKI needs another big coaster. PLus why expand the kids nick land when they could expand out back by Outer Limits and the Helipad and create another Action Zone type area with bigger rides? What do you guys think?

Yo PKI isnt goin to get anything big like our good cousin up north. Just look at it this way we where the low income part of the family that no one cared about. sad.gif

Sure, the low income family thats bringing in more money that the big bro. Once again, more people are coming to PKI than CP. Money means nothing if you use it well, just look at Holiday World! A small FAMILY OWNED park, building 2 of the best wood coasters in the world, and neither of them are that tall!

Big rich cousin? Low income part of the family? Ha. Cedar Point has money, but PKI's definetely spending as much or more, just look back at the things they've put in just since 99. An amazing line-up if you ask me, and as far as PKI being poor, do you know who owns PKI? Viacom. One of the world's largest corporations. PKI could very easily expand massively with the land they own and with Viacom's financial blessing. Cedar Point is running out of space, and the market is changing, it's shifting away from coasters. I think Italian Job represents this shift. As a coaster, it's not very intense, but the cars are unbelievably cool, and it has a huge special fx show placed right in the middle of it. Will it be a success? I think so. And what will the public think? That PKI's "big rich cousin up north" doesn't have anything like it, same with TRTR and SDATHC.

With that said, I have nothing against CP, I think they are a great park, I just think PKI will be gaining an edge on them very soon with their new take on theming.

I am sick of these people whining about not getting a coaster, even when we are getting a brand new on NEXT YEAR!!! Bigger isn't better. CP obviously hasn't been doing well last year. Not only did we beat them in attendance, but PCW also beat them. We DO compete with CP, and not only do we compete, but we WIN! GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY!

thats BS, Cedar Point is about 30 times better than Kings Island. I am a Kings Island person just because it is basically in my backyard, but dont kid yourself, Cedar Point is a lot better than Kings Island

how can any one even say the Kings Island has gotten better stuff than Cedar Point in the last 4 years? 2000-sob vs mf...about as good of a match up as there is, 2001- runaway reptar vs no large investment...ok so a victory for ki by default, 2002- tomb raider vs wicked twister.... face it tr sucks, wicked twister rocks, 2003-delirum/sdathc vs ttd...yeh, to close to call, accually no, have to give the whomping victory to ttd(i mean it is ONLY 120 mph, 420 ft, no big deal), 2004- bb vs updates to ttd/repaintings and minor investments...this is the only reason kis attendance was ever above Cedar Points (if it is, i dont feel like checking stats, so ill take your word for it)

but yeh, in the last five years Cedar Point has gotten 3 world class coasters including amusement todays #1 steel coaster, and ki has gotten what? the bumpiest, most forced records (sob) and a family inverted?

Cedar Point WILL, AT LEAST FOR AWHILE, DESTROY Kings Island IN ANY AND EVERY ASPECT!!!!!!!

So if they are owned by a large corporation with lots of money and have so much land...I mean don't get me wrong, i love PKI and have made a visit every year since 88' But why don't they build some coasters or maybe even one big world record steal coaster??? I'm not saying a drastic expansion but more less a new up to date ride that can compete with Cedar Point's Top Thrill Dragster or Millenium force. I think that If they did that people will choose the bigger and more family oriented park.

OMG!

apparently some of the people on this board want whaa-burgers and french cries...chef.gif

look, the focus in not entirely on the ride itself, but on innovation...

think of bigger rides, known for "Speed" and "Height"

The Raven Roller Coaster was inventive, it was a smaller sized roller coaster designed in the big size boom! it made up for size with speed, woods, and Airtime!

the point is, though it was shunned due to size, it was reknown for the Airtime!

look at Son of Beast, it was inventive, Tallest, Fastest, Steepest, Looper... hmm, too much effort made this somehow unusually rough for most people... <sigh>

another example, take the legend, the second wooden coaster at Holiday World, it features the world's First Spiral Drop <1>, it is followed by an extreme bunny hill<2>

and all of this was placed on the hilly terrain near and around a log flume, squished and contorted to fit the area!

The Racer was not a major idea to turn the trains backwards, it was simply taking them off, and putting them back on... this increased ride excitement, and created a new thrill, no change to the ride, but innovative for the ride itself!

the Flat Rides of Today are completely Artistic at Times: Zamperla Flying Carousel, While at times, just plain thrilling: Delirium, dont start a tangent on this about how it is attractive, i agree that it is! however, it was just the ride itself painted, the flying carouselss however are art panels placed around the ride to disguise it, the ride is not that thrilling, but amazing to look at as a rider or a spectator.

Innovation can also mean theming! TRTR wouldnt be nearly par of now if it werent for being enclosed or the theming! it makes it ten times better, but i would ride regardless!

again with IJST, nothing new really except the trains themselves, people are so hooked on the normal coasters... Vekoma, B&M, Intamin, GCII, and so on, they lose the sight that most of these were at times quite rare items, now they are everywhere! just look and you can find a major brand at almost every park! PKI has some Arrow/Vekoma stuff, and PKI certainly loves their share of Intamin, except *cough* the worlds largest paper weight doesnt make anyone happy... TTD! i hear it rarely runs, but whatever. Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom has a few of the Vekoma, a Maurer Sohne, B&M, Schwarzkopf, they are really doing well with variety, but they havent got that great a park, and its rundown, need new paint!

back on track!

the main idea here is innovation, though i may have been noted for wanting copies of rides in other parks, i need to bite my tongue in saying, shove off, lets get something new...

...as a closing point, i would like to add that the Scooters Rides whether you call them "The FLYers" "Flying Eagles" or "Eagle's Flight" they are the same innovative ride from the mid to late 1930's it was said that both PKI's (aka PC's) and HW's were made about the same time, 1936, this is a remarkable life span, not only is this ride a major innovation of its time, and a great thrill ride, not baby ride... Steam! it was also revered as the "big ride" for most parks, the big hot flat ride to get was scooters! sure a coaster was cood, but this time of age, they were major expensive, way more comparatively than now!

the reason most parents think it is a kiddy ride is that it doesnt go up, tilt, go fast, etc. this was not designed for that, it was designed for its innovative need for just the right amount of speed to make a float and sanp, and more snapping, when you see horror stories, I have, of snapping gone bad, you begin to think about it a little, typically, the reason for this, is poor maintenance and it forces the smaller parks to enforce no snapping rules or at least post them.

1> Spiral Drop- A Curving "Dive Drop" that the radius of the curve increases as the height decreases, increasing the positive G-Forces, and Decreasing Laterals.

2> Bunny hill- Small hill after a much larger one, causes airtime...

those are my two cents for now for this topic, im out!

Thanks!

2003-delirum/sdathc vs ttd...yeh, to close to call, accually no, have to give the whomping victory to ttd(i mean it is ONLY 120 mph, 420 ft, no big deal)

TTD also barely ran it's first year, and has already injured several people. I think I'll stick with our injury free and reliable yet very fun and thrilling two flat rides any day.

2003-delirum/sdathc vs ttd...yeh, to close to call, accually no, have to give the whomping victory to ttd(i mean it is ONLY 120 mph, 420 ft, no big deal)

TTD also barely ran it's first year, and has already injured several people. I think I'll stick with our injury free and reliable yet very fun and thrilling two flat rides any day.

I rather risk it and ride Dragster.

I rather risk it and ride Dragster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that TTD is a bad ride. I just think that SDATHC and Delirium were better investments. Also I wonder what elitescr3 would think about the match up this year: 2005 maXair vs. IJ:ST. If we're going with the premise that coasters are better than flats (which I don't necessarily believe but I think elitescr3 does) then PKI wins out this year. So if you look at the original list that was put up here's how it would read:

2000: SOB vs MF

2001: RR:RR vs nothing

2002: TR:TR vs Wicked Twister

2003: Delirium/SDATHC vs TTD

2004: CD:BB vs nothing

2005: IJ:ST vs MaxAir

According to elitescr3 that would make PKI the winner of 3 out of the 6 years. Here's how I would rate it:

2000: SOB vs MF - TIE

2001: RR:RR vs nothing - PKI

2002: TR:TR vs Wicked Twister - CP

2003: Delirium/SDATHC vs TTD - Probably CP

2004: CD:BB vs nothing - PKI

2005: IJ:ST vs MaxAir - PKI

As far as I'm concerned they're both running neck in neck in terms of quality investments, although it does seem like PKI is more consistent in bringing in new rides. If you look at the list there were two years where CP didn't add anything to speak of (I'm not going to count any updates to the water park at CP because it is a separate admission price and therefore a separate park) while PKI has brought in something new and different every year.

No Uncle Henry, there's only one Wicked Twister! It's the tallest, fastest, and only double twisting impulse coaster. But, without a doubt, Wicked Twister kicks the crap out of Boring Raider:The Ride. SOB is not anywhere near being the world class coaster that Millennium Force is. SOB has never ranked high and MF has been number one. Dragster also beats the pants off of SDATHC and Delirium combined. Even in TTD's troubled first year, it ranked pretty high in the polls. Top Thrill Dragster has not injured all kinds of people. It happened once. And, it was one train.

There are actually people that think SOB holds a candle to Millennium Force?? blink.gif Isn't it funny how new coaster topics somehow turn into CP vs. PKI. Sorry to say this on the PKI site, but when one measures by coasters, theres no comparision and CP wins. However when one measures by complete guest experience and ride variety, PKI wins.

^ That is an excellent point. Then again, is PKI known for the coasters? Not really... I mean, it is the wood capital of the world in most peoples' opinions, but that's still nothing to Cedar Point. In my opinion, PKI does have avery healthy collection of rides, though.

There are actually people that think SOB holds a candle to Millennium Force?? blink.gif Isn't it funny how new coaster topics somehow turn into CP vs. PKI. Sorry to say this on the PKI site, but when one measures by coasters, theres no comparision and CP wins. However when one measures by complete guest experience and ride variety, PKI wins.

Guest experiance????? How when where??

how can any one even say the Kings Island has gotten better stuff than Cedar Point in the last 4 years? 2000-sob vs mf...about as good of a match up as there is, 2001- runaway reptar vs no large investment...ok so a victory for ki by default, 2002- tomb raider vs wicked twister.... face it tr sucks, wicked twister rocks, 2003-delirum/sdathc vs ttd...yeh, to close to call, accually no, have to give the whomping victory to ttd(i mean it is ONLY 120 mph, 420 ft, no big deal), 2004- bb vs updates to ttd/repaintings and minor investments...this is the only reason kis attendance was ever above Cedar Points (if it is, i dont feel like checking stats, so ill take your word for it)

but yeh, in the last five years Cedar Point has gotten 3 world class coasters including amusement todays #1 steel coaster, and ki has gotten what? the bumpiest, most forced records (sob) and a family inverted?

Cedar Point WILL, AT LEAST FOR AWHILE, DESTROY Kings Island IN ANY AND EVERY ASPECT!!!!!!!

people need to really listen to this person he is 110% right no i take that back 1,000,000% right... evrey one needs to listen to this person cause he is the smartest person on this web site......

2000: SOB vs MF - TIE

2001: RR:RR vs nothing - PKI

2002: TR:TR vs Wicked Twister - CP

2003: Delirium/SDATHC vs TTD - Probably CP

2004: CD:BB vs nothing - PKI

2005: IJ:ST vs MaxAir - PKI

Wicked Twister is no way near better than TR:TR. I even sat in the very back seat which is supposed to be the most intense seat on the ride and I just felt like I was floating which would just get old for repeat riders. TR:TR on the other hand won't get old to repeat riders because of the endless programing possiblites( a random program would be nice). IJ:ST vs MaxAir how do you know even that IJST will be better than MaxAir since IJ:ST isnt even open yet?