new up comming coasters?

felix

Yeah, except there are no random programs for TR:TR. It's the same thing over and over. And, it's not that exciting to begin with. Wicked Twister was definitely the better ride. At least it works consistently.

It's said that CP is not kid friendly? Have you ever spent any time near any of the kids' areas? They are nearly always packed. I'm not saying that CP's is as good as PKI, but they are definitely kid friendly.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic was started by stupid people just so stupid people would feel smart. Please close this topic, because it is just making them seem even more stupid. Just because Wicked Twister is the biggest doesn't mean it is the best. Same with TTD, and it isn't the biggest anymore.

And DON'T JUDGE A RIDE THAT HASN'T OPENED YET!!! GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!

user posted image

And, Uncle Henry makes an @ss of himself, again. How may times can Uncle Henry repeat himself with the same stupid picture? It remains to be seen. Not one person in this thread has put down IJ:ST.

I have been on two impulses and thought WT was the better. TTD is awesome with the 120mph launch and 420ft drop. My only complaint with TTD is the ride duration, but I can look over that. Have you even been on TTD or WT?

1. That's the first time I've ever used that picture.

2. People putting down IJST

3. No, I have not been on WT or TTD, but I have not once said that they suck. I have just said that there are rides exactly like them at other parks. I have ridden Xcelerator at KBF which is like TTD, and I enjoyed it, but that does not deny the fact that Kingda Ka is EXACTLY like TTD just with a air time hill.

4. WT Clone #1

WT Clone #2

WT Clone #3

WT Clone #4

WT Clone #5

WT Clone #6

Just because it's bigger and has a second twist (big whoop) doesn't make it better than all of these.

Well, then someone else has used that picture and it wasn't funny the first time. Anyway, I was stating my opinion that WT is a better impulse than the others. Certainly better than sub-par raider, I don't care how original it is. It's plain boring.

This topic was started by stupid people just so stupid people would feel smart. Please close this topic, because it is just making them seem even more stupid. Just because Wicked Twister is the biggest doesn't mean it is the best. Same with TTD, and it isn't the biggest anymore.

And DON'T JUDGE A RIDE THAT HASN'T OPENED YET!!! GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!

user posted image

I agree with him you should listen to him all ya! Stop sayin IJ:ST is gonna suck so what CP has coasters and this may be a shock there are better parks out there with better attractions Iam not saying CP sucks but just because they have big coasters doesnt mean they are the best.

OK there is NO way that Son of Beast is better then Millennium Force. I like Son of Beast, but come on. That is a very narrow minded statement. Millennium Force is fast and actually very smooth, set on the side of a beautiful lake, and generally has an excellent capacity. Son of Beast is fun and tall, but not at all re rideable. Look at the line for Son of Beast since it debuted in 2000. Not counting BAFFD, what's the last time the line has been over 2 hrs? Millennium Force gets 2 hr lines all the time and is one of if not the most popular coaster at Cedar Point.

That's my main complaint with MF though is the line length( besides the need of some more air time) but the last three times I've been to CP the line always is over 2 hours. I mean I always wait because it's my favorite steel, but in all honesty I would rather wait the 15 to 20 minutes for SOB and get to ride it 6 times instead of the one trip on MF. I don't know why your saying line length makes MF better, I personally hate lines and if I could would buy a theme park just for myself and friends so I wouldn't have to wait.

Cedar Point WILL, AT LEAST FOR AWHILE, DESTROY Kings Island IN ANY AND EVERY ASPECT!!!!!!!

I'm just going to say one more thing about this quote. Until CP gets even a children's area that's not total crap it will never beat PKI in each and every aspect.

Now I think that both places are great parks, but they both have their strengths and weaknesses. As someone already said CP is the place to go for coasters. PKI is the place to go for a more well rounded experience, and it's probably the closest we'll get to a Orlando style amusement park in this area. I don't think it needs to be one vs the other. They both compliment each other well and really pull from different demographics. In fact I'd say that PKI's main competitor is probably Six flags Kentucky Kingdom not CP.

At least when you're waiting in line at CP, the lines constantly move. AT PKI you get stuck in one place for the longest time. That's why they get voted best capacity every year. All of their lines are almost always moving.

2000: SOB vs MF - TIE

2001: RR:RR vs nothing - PKI

2002: TR:TR vs Wicked Twister - CP

2003: Delirium/SDATHC vs TTD - Probably CP

2004: CD:BB vs nothing - PKI

2005: IJ:ST vs MaxAir - PKI

Wicked Twister is no way near better than TR:TR. I even sat in the very back seat which is supposed to be the most intense seat on the ride and I just felt like I was floating which would just get old for repeat riders. TR:TR on the other hand won't get old to repeat riders because of the endless programing possiblites( a random program would be nice). IJ:ST vs MaxAir how do you know even that IJST will be better than MaxAir since IJ:ST isnt even open yet?

Get a life WT kicks TRTR rides as$! At least WT is up most of the time unlike your fav ride.

OK there is NO way that Son of Beast is better then Millennium Force. I like Son of Beast, but come on. That is a very narrow minded statement. Millennium Force is fast and actually very smooth, set on the side of a beautiful lake, and generally has an excellent capacity. Son of Beast is fun and tall, but not at all re rideable. Look at the line for Son of Beast since it debuted in 2000. Not counting BAFFD, what's the last time the line has been over 2 hrs? Millennium Force gets 2 hr lines all the time and is one of if not the most popular coaster at Cedar Point.

If I had to choose a favorite ride out of SOB and MF. It would be hard. I love both rides.

QUOTE (flightoffear1996 @ Jan 13 2005, 12:04 PM)

QUOTE (docdude316 @ Jan 8 2005, 05:18 PM)

2000: SOB vs MF - TIE

2001: RR:RR vs nothing - PKI

2002: TR:TR vs Wicked Twister - CP

2003: Delirium/SDATHC vs TTD - Probably CP

2004: CD:BB vs nothing - PKI

2005: IJ:ST vs MaxAir - PKI

Wicked Twister is no way near better than TR:TR. I even sat in the very back seat which is supposed to be the most intense seat on the ride and I just felt like I was floating which would just get old for repeat riders. TR:TR on the other hand won't get old to repeat riders because of the endless programing possiblites( a random program would be nice). IJ:ST vs MaxAir how do you know even that IJST will be better than MaxAir since IJ:ST isnt even open yet?

Get a life WT kicks TRTR rides as$! At least WT is up most of the time unlike your fav ride.

I would have to agree that WT is better than TR:TR, but WT isn't up all the time I hvae no clue what your talking about. I went to CP 5 times this year and it was only operating once, the other days I have no clue why it wasn't working but it never was, heck TTD seemed to operate more. Plus if you rode WT the first year you know that it dosen't operate to its full potential any more. The launch speed has been reduced because the towers shoke to much.

The line length is a reflection of the ride's popularity and quality. (assuming it is getting optimal capacity) Also, if you have ever ridden Wicked Twister in the last few rows, it is obvious that it is so much better then TRTR. TRTR CAN switch its program, but when is the last time that was done? It has been running the same program for the past two years. Reliablility has also always been an issue with TRTR.

Nick Central needs an Expansion PKI has held on the the golden ticket for some time now and they are not gonna let that go I wouldnt look for a big coaster until 2007 or 2008.That area (behind FOF)your talking about has been rumored to be the grounds of a new dark ride themed to the addams family so please dont get your hopes up for coaster because after IJ:ST it will be a while.

hey you never know but the next big coaster isn't going behind FOF trust me i Know for a fact that it isn't. And it may be sooner than you think for a new coaster

king island is way better than cp. also cp copies off kingisland.look at their maxair it a copy.and they try to be the park that breaks world reconds. so kindisland will always be better than cp

First off, lean to speak. Second, maXair isn't even remotely close to Delirium.

So what if Cedar Point breaks world records all the time, it doesn't mean that's all they do.

king island is way better than cp. also cp copies off kingisland.look at their maxair it a copy.and they try to be the park that breaks world reconds. so kindisland will always be better than cp

First off, lean to speak. Second, maXair isn't even remotely close to Delirium.

So what if Cedar Point breaks world records all the time, it doesn't mean that's all they do.

Amen to that man!

I know I have said this before but CP is lad locked. It is a huge challenge to add a new attraction up there. On the other hand PKI has plenty of room. The sad truth for those CP fans is it’s only a matter of time before PKI has more coasters.

i do have to say that i said some stuff that was kinda off but you still have to agree with me, pki is better than cp,and they do copy off us but we do better

Nick Central needs an Expansion PKI has held on the the golden ticket for some time now and they are not gonna let that go I wouldnt look for a big coaster until 2007 or 2008.That area (behind FOF)your talking about has been rumored to be the grounds of a new dark ride themed to the addams family so please dont get your hopes up for coaster because after IJ:ST it will be a while.

hey you never know but the next big coaster isn't going behind FOF trust me i Know for a fact that it isn't. And it may be sooner than you think for a new coaster

LOL laugh.gif I doubt PKI will get another coaster soon I mean we just got IJ:ST but scooby is right if the addams family dark ride/coaster comes true it will HAVE to be placed behind FOF or where sleepy hollow horror was.

"I can't wait till that day comes. Front page of the Cincinnati Enquierer: PKI beats the record of haveing the most coasters in the world!"

Yeah, about the year 2099, that will happen.

"i do have to say that i said some stuff that was kinda off but you still have to agree with me, pki is better than cp,and they do copy off us but we do better"

No, I do not agree with you about PKI being better than CP. CP does not copy PKI. You made the statement as if no park was ever going to buy a Delirium type of ride. You people need a reality check.

"I can't wait till that day comes. Front page of the Cincinnati Enquierer: PKI beats the record of haveing the most coasters in the world!"

Yeah, about the year 2099, that will happen.

"i do have to say that i said some stuff that was kinda off but you still have to agree with me, pki is better than cp,and they do copy off us but we do better"

No, I do not agree with you about PKI being better than CP. CP does not copy PKI. You made the statement as if no park was ever going to buy a Delirium type of ride. You people need a reality check.

^i agree with you!^

I totaly agree also. You need to stop being so small minded and always thinking that PKI is the best park in the whole world. CP does not in any way "copy" pki. Other then Delirium and Maxair,when has Cedar Point purchased the same type of ride as Kings Island?

Hello I just have one thing to say on this topic and that is this..........Jeff Seibert said in his speech a couple of things

1. Being that the better the park does the better we do by getting bigger and better things. The way the park is going with attendance I would say bigger and better things are on the way for us! Who really know what they are going to do from minute to another. Parks have put coasters in back to back many times there is no rules for park or trends! Parks like PKI set the trends I think PKI will keep us guess every year to come. It start back in 1972 and continue today........

2. There is something else they have not told us.....Another announcement coming.

Thank

Sean cowboy.gif