Should PKI get another area?

rollercoaster2k

To need another area, there would need to be a increase in attendance to fill it.

Then they would need more parking to hold the increase in attendance to fill the new area.

IMO this is why it's the size it is and why they sold some of the land, they would never in 200 years fill 1600 acres of park.

I think attendance has gone up 1 million in 32 years.

I would like to see a Sci-Fi zone put in where Flight of Fear is. It would be neat. Since walking to FOF is like a long walk to really no where. I just think it would be great. Like put in some flats and maybe a coaster, Sci-Fi themed of course.

I think that a new area would be a good thing. I understand that attendance has to go up to fill it, but don't things like new rides and themed areas bring attendance up? I know that it's not quite that simple, but what else are they going to do with all that land. Why not make an investment and expand a little. Capitalize on this somewhat newfound "theme" park status by doing something big.

Star Trek themed area, yeah!

Called the Final Frontier: where no guest has gone before. (Literally)...

Or Borg Land: don't be a square (or cube), join the crowd (or the collective). You won't be able to resist!...

Or Vulcan Zone: You've travelled from pon farr away to be here, so come on in, it's the logical thing to do!...

Or Dominion town: Things are always changling for the better here!...

Or Romulan Mall: You must be this tal shiar to enter this area!

I love being insane.

Yes, a new area is desperately needed, but the parks capacity needs to remain the same. When the park is very crowded, there are people shoulder-to-shoulder, and barely enough room to move around. A new area and a few new paths would be nice. Right now, there is only one path Back to FoF. Add another, and put a few more rides in back there. By Far, AZ is the worst in the middle of summer, since PKI has it fixed in their minds, that every new thrill ride has to go in there.

Star Trek themed area, yeah!

Called the Final Frontier: where no guest has gone before. (Literally)...

Or Borg Land: don't be a square (or cube), join the crowd (or the collective). You won't be able to resist!...

Or Vulcan Zone: You've travelled from pon farr away to be here, so come on in, it's the logical thing to do!...

Or Dominion town: Things are always changling for the better here!...

Or Romulan Mall: You must be this tal shiar to enter this area!

I love being insane.

I LOVE IT! laugh.gif

That would be so cool! And the rides would be cool! Either my coaster or Fyrfyters coaster would be awesome there. And they could put in an Enterprise wheel like the old Skylab - themed to the Enterprise! The restuarants there could serve some kind of blue soda called - Romulan Ale. And they could have something like Star Trek: The Experience where guests can act out their own episode on a model of the bridge! tongue.gif Of course it would be PPR.

I am sure they could add another area or make Coney Mall bigger with another ride next to Flight of Fear. With all the hills it would make a great area for another wooden coaster to use the land like The Beast just smaller.

Edited by Vortex

I am sure they could add another area or make Coney Mall bigger with another ride next to Flight of Fear. With all the hills it would make a great area for another wooden coaster to use the land like The Beast just smaller.

Honestly I don't think many people would want "another" Beast around.

I would like to see a Sci-Fi zone put in where Flight of Fear is. It would be neat. Since walking to FOF is like a long walk to really no where. I just think it would be great. Like put in some flats and maybe a coaster, Sci-Fi themed of course.

i would think that would be kickass too. just what paramount movies are sci-fi though

I think they could use another Hollywood-style area to complement Action Zone. A lot of rumors that have circulated have been renovating I-Street to look like the entrance to a movie studio, but I don't see that as being necessary. What they really need is an area that is an off-shoot from the main park so it doesn't feel like you're at an amusement park that actually looks like a movie set if they want to accomplish what they're shooting for. I'd say the area should contain a few rides, but mainly be dedicated to sit down restaurants and (good) shows.

On that same token, does anyone else not really share in the vision of PKI with the whole Hollywood thing? They're attempting to be more like Disney and Universal with the Hollywood-themed rides, but it seems like they're attempting to directly promote the fact that they are owned by a film company. Don't get me wrong, what they are actually doing is the best they can do in my opinion, but why keep telling people that you're "in" the movies if they can see that for themselves?

IMHO, if this were my decision (which it's not) and I wanted an entire Hollywood-makeover for the park, I would do just that, and do it over the span of very few years. Right now, it seems like PKI is in the awkward phase of being half Universal and have Coney Island. Granted, what I want for the park is the ability to be a high-class Hollywood-inspired park that still has the family appeal of parks of the past. I do have the fortunate confindence in thinking that PKI is going in that direction.