Jump to content

The Bat is down


Oldschool75
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Appears The Bat is down and the whole area is barricaded off. Wonder what's going on back there. 

That is shocking! Wow, I think if they were closing it for good they would have said something… Is there a sign out front that says anything about it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did not see any sign by The Bat (other than the usual “this attraction is closed” sign blocking off the entrance) when I passed by earlier.

EDIT: According to the app, the ride appears to be back up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever it is, I hope it starts operating again soon. In my opinion, it is one of the more underrated rides in the park, especially since it is one of the last of it's kind.

Edited by KIEagle33
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may be in the minority but I wouldn’t mind tearing down Invertigo and The Bat and creating a whole new section back there. I hate Invertigo but I do like The Bat, I just think it’s about run it’s course 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MaestroJr said:

I may be in the minority but I wouldn’t mind tearing down Invertigo and The Bat and creating a whole new section back there. I hate Invertigo but I do like The Bat, I just think it’s about run it’s course 

I agree on Invertigo, it isn’t that enjoyable to ride and it is really dizzying. Maybe take out Congo falls and Invertigo and put a coaster that goes over the entrance like GateKeeper and Fury 325.

I think The Bat should stay, at least for a little while longer it is so well tucked back there that I can’t see anything else there besides The Bat.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I think The Bat should stay, at least for a little while longer it is so well tucked back there that I can’t see anything else there besides The Bat.

I agree. Arrow Suspension coasters are starting to get few and far between.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Orion742 said:

I agree on Invertigo, it isn’t that enjoyable to ride and it is really dizzying. Maybe take out Congo falls and Invertigo and put a coaster that goes over the entrance like GateKeeper and Fury 325.

I think The Bat should stay, at least for a little while longer it is so well tucked back there that I can’t see anything else there besides The Bat.

I agree, I can't see anything else there besides The Bat, or if The Bat left in the coming years, (as sad as that would be) the old SOB land plus The Bat land would make for something pretty good.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2022 at 11:54 AM, Oldschool75 said:

Appears The Bat is down and the whole area is barricaded off. Wonder what's going on back there. 

Since it's the only thing back there and it's not a short walk makes sense for them to close off the entire path/area if it's down.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Availability of parts is not the issue. 

Steel can only go through so many stress cycles before it is to the point of reaching its design and useful life.

Welds suffer from fatigue of thousands of train cycles over the years.

The cost to start replacing worn out steel and fatigued welds is usually more than the cost of a new coaster.  Doesn't mean a park won't go to the expense of doing extensive repairs, but most see the coaster end when that time comes.

Wood coasters are constantly having maintenance done and it is a lot easier to replace wood sections than it is sections of a steel coaster.

A stretch of the tubular track was replaced a couple of weeks ago. There are still replacement sections left. 

The damaged section of tubular track done by this can certainly be replaced, but an investigation needs to be done to see if any other damage was done other than the visible damage one can see of the track.

@CorkscrewMcPuke it was a light day after the park and weather had ran people out, so there just were not a lot guests back there at the time.  And if those there are not on social media, it won't get out online like it can on a busy Saturday...but I am positive it is out there if you look hard enough....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...