The Bat is down

Oldschool75

Don't mind me, just here getting over a heart attack from the prospect of Bat leaving.

A Bat removal would be more painful to me than Vortex.  Bat was the coaster that started my journey into being an enthusiast in the first place.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

I guess John feels anytime a coaster goes down it is a crime lol.  Or they are used to stories being a crime here....

Hey John is a Coaster lover like we all are, his stories are always interesting, and hes not a "crime reporter" lol 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 12:40 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

@kiguy, it's not an attack on him or her.  But this person offers almost exclusively negative feedback, some of which I agree with.  But almost every post is excessively negative, to the point it seems they get only negative experiences in the park.  I mean, if I went somewhere voluntarily and was distraught about my surroundings, why go back?  I hate how the Junkyard coaster looks, but I still enjoy riding it.

Similiarly, Action Zone is not a place I like to go.  But that won't fatigue me so much from going to Chicken Shack, or Congo Falls or Banshee once or twice a season.

My hope is that when they do invest in AZ, it will resemble what Kings Dominion is doing with  Jungle Expedition.  A new area, using what they have, but going back to the roots.  Some trees planted now would be a great first step.  While transplanting mature trees in commercial landscape settings is moderately successful at best, it would likely fail in Action Zone.  Too much concrete to reflect heat and not enough nutrient and water sources.  I worry about the Autumn Blaze Maples on International Street each summer because they start showing signs of stress each July.  Native oaks, sugar maples, elms and cedar don't transplant well, even as small trees.  They need a good nursery stock, or establish a tree farm out by the greenhouse. (I'd love to see more bald cypress in the park).

I don’t go to KI much despite it being the closest park except for Winterfest.    I much more enjoy traveling to more scenic parks like Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens.   KI has better rides but rides aren’t everything to everyone.  

KI should be as nice as KD considering they were built as team parks but it isn’t currently.       Back before Paramount got their greasy hands in it, it was as nice and green.    Cedar Fair has probably removed as many trees without replacement. 

Even KIs Winterfest suffers from the lack of mature trees in the park compared to KD and even Carowinds.   Those 2 parks have lighting high in the trees that is both immersive and gorgeous. 

I will leave this conversation with this comparison photo from the 90s until now which highlights how barren KI has become. 

67EC1795-65C9-4687-9F69-0F078C345E2B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:02 AM, super7 said:

I don’t go to KI much despite it being the closest park except for Winterfest.    I much more enjoy traveling to more scenic parks like Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens.   KI has better rides but rides aren’t everything to everyone.  

KI should be as nice as KD considering they were built as team parks but it isn’t currently.       Back before Paramount got their greasy hands in it, it was as nice and green.    Cedar Fair has probably removed as many trees without replacement. 

Even KIs Winterfest suffers from the lack of mature trees in the park compared to KD and even Carowinds.   Those 2 parks have lighting high in the trees that is both immersive and gorgeous. 

I will leave this conversation with this comparison photo from the 90s until now which highlights how barren KI has become. 

67EC1795-65C9-4687-9F69-0F078C345E2B.jpeg

And that relates to The Bat how???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Almost any time it is down is technical difficulties  lol.

But the fence is usually only put up if it will be down for extended  period (like WindSeeker right now with the fence).

But The Bat is cycling now with both trains though so that is promising for tomorrow if not later today....

• Like 6

The Bat was running last night, one train operation.  The wait was the longest in the park that I observed last night :)

I didn't personally ride as I was running late and just met the wife and kids back there, they didn't complain of anything unusual with the ride itself.

• Like 2

rode it first thing monay AM. Was on the second trip. Was a one train op. The second train was in the parking spot and appeared to be missing a car. Perhaps the one with missing wheel?. It did seem to be moving faster than normal , just my observation. at the beginning of the brake run the train swung a lot higher than usuall. Not a big deal, but usually swings around 45 degees that trip it was almost at 90. Just some thoughts.

• Like 4

Rode it for the first time today since it reopened. Anyone else notice them sending the trains out faster? Like, we got dispatched before the train in front of us was down the first hill. I thought it was a fluke, but they had sent the one behind us before we got the brake run. Is the blocking different or are the ride ops doing something different?

• Like 2