Land clearing in front of the park

Oldschool75

2 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Noticed this today when arriving. Appears a bunch of trees are being taken down and land clearing being done in front of Invertigo . Not sure if this has anything to to with Timberwolf or something else????

b38f5f1bcefdb309a220c112c47f4291.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe something to do with like a maintenance building being worked on. Probably not a new coaster sorry everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

It's looked like this for a number of years.

They typical store bike racks in this location for parking lot events. (Robbie Knievel, walking/running events, Haunt, etc)

It has not. They’ve cleared up, and tagged a lot of the trees for removal.

• Haha 1

That area has been there for years.  Yes, it was used for picnics, and then was expanded years ago to be a warm up area for the cheerleading and dance competitions that the park held every labor day weekend.   At some point it became storage for Haunt and WF props and also bike racks as mentioned.  They may be clearing more areas, but it was there the entire time I worked for the park from 96-07.

• Like 2

It's looked like this for a number of years.
They typical store bike racks in this location for parking lot events. (Robbie Knievel, walking/running events, Haunt, etc)

I guess the trees shrunk in height. Especially since you can see Congo Falls loading station now from the parking lot. 98dd111a474775de8353b3ce068b7d25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

If a big project is in the works, I don’t know if Kings Island has to file a Notice of Commencement super early like they did for Orion (they filed it in 2018). For Mystic Timbers, the Notice of Commencement mentioning Great Coasters International was filed around the same time the ride was announced while land clearing was already obvious. I assume land clearing does have to be filed somewhere, though, whether it be in a past Notice of Commencement or a permit. Permits are different than Notice of Commencements. Kings Island has to file permits for small things like the VIP tent in Oktoberfest. At this time, Carowinds has already filed a slew of permits related to their 2023 Aviation themed area. In addition, Cedar Point has filed a permit for their new 12,000,000 Grand Pavilion building.

Attached below is a City of Mason website listing all permits filed by month. Unfortunately, this website does not go back beyond 2020, so we cannot see when Kings Island would have filed permits for past additions like Mystic Timbers and Orion to see if there is a pattern that could possibly match the pattern of a future addition. I know people are going to be eager to dig through these permits, but there really are not any intriguing permits filed by Kings Island unless I missed some. I remember seeing permits for fireworks, the VIP Lounge, renovations to Coconut Cove, a new ticket window awning, and modifications to Kings Island HR. However, I assume all past permits are available in person as well as recent permits not yet published on this website. Also, if any plans have been submitted to the City of Mason, those would also be available in person.

https://imaginemason.org/city-government/engineering-building-planning/monthly-permit-reports/

• Like 3