Kings Island Street Party

mikejenkins1

It’s kinda sketchy the details. I think similar in format to past parades with show stops. Looks like a bit smaller than actual past parades, but still 4-5 “floats” or rolling units in the float tent (including the giant cake we saw on actual anniversary date). They’ve been fairly cryptic on this one. Looking forward to seeing it step off. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

I do find it strange that they are not calling it a "parade", even though it definitely sounds like a parade to me lol.

I think it’s smaller and probably “travels” to a show stop or two instead of focusing on “performing” along the way. Similar to what Disney has done  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I do find it strange that they are not calling it a "parade", even though it definitely sounds like a parade to me lol.

We talked about that a bit on the last podcast. We did not think the park wanted everyone to think it was going to be a big parade. There will be fewer floats than we saw with Grand Carivale.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Ok, that makes sense @IndyGuy4KI and @brenthodge; seems like the wording will reasonably setting people's expectations so people are not disappointed that it's not a big parade on the scale of say, Carnivale. I'm looking forward to it, but I was just wondering about the wording. :)

It;s the internet, I am sure Carnivale set expectations that this one will underwhelm...

1 hour ago, Timchat2 said:

Looks like fun! How long are the show stops? Are they similar to the stops in Spectacle of Color and WinterFest Wonderland Parade?

If I had to guess I’d say a little longer. There aren’t many floats, but that’s probably why they avoid calling it a parade. It was fun! 

• Like 2

It is nice but we got ready for parade about 40 min ahead like we did  for Carnival.   Could have walked up and just watched on coney/pre main street areas.   Most people had no clue about it.   Was nice but expected more for 50th anniversary.  But the show after closing is pretty big so guess that is where most the money went to.

28 minutes ago, mikejenkins1 said:

It is nice but we got ready for parade about 40 min ahead like we did  for Carnival.   Could have walked up and just watched on coney/pre main street areas.   Most people had no clue about it.   Was nice but expected more for 50th anniversary.  But the show after closing is pretty big so guess that is where most the money went to.

I hear ya, but I think they’ve been pretty clear setting the low expectations for this. I think calling it a “street party” not a parade, and not hyping it too much has been smart. I think it’s just a nice “add”. And yes, a ton of money went into the infrastructure and actual nightly run cost of FFF. I think they decided to put the bulk of 50th money on something that caps the night, and acts as a driver to keep people in the park as long as possible. There was always a mass exodus after Winterfest and Carnivale parades. I see a good number of people heading out of the park around 7 or so, but way less than before with a real reason to stay till the end that a dance party and 3 min of fireworks set to the hit Rihanna song never did. 

• Like 3

WIsh that skyline chili bowl man, racer guy and the stilt people as Eiffel Towers hadn’t been cut. Would’ve been fun to have had a few more “KI specific” wacky costumes. Especially the tower stilt person. That seems like a no brainer to have kept. Love that the original song incorporated the opening year slogan “cmon get happy” and that they changed a few lyrics in the existing songs they used. Overall fell it was a cute “extra” but AGAIN they really need to end these on IS at the other “parade gate” and return the units to the tent at close or the next day (or park them at the tower for “dance party” decor)  Last night there were floats driving one way, push units going another and random cast just strolling different ways backstage. Seems like a sloppy, unprofessional way to end these things, like when the town 4th of July parade wraps at the high school parking lot LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I have not yet seen the Street Party? Have some of the characters already been removed?

There were some ideas in the initial concept art that probably never made it past that phase. I shouldn’t have said “cut” as they were never there. Just some nutty “blue sky” ideas that were probably cut to keep things simpler or on budget. If you look closely you can see a few of the unrealized ideas. 

583A4595-32C6-40C8-8B43-BFBDC5B7A4D3.jpeg

• Like 1

I do wish there was something to bridge the time between the end of the Street Party and the start of Club KI. At Grand Carnivale the DJ and dance party activated immediately after Spectacle of Color to keep the energy rolling into the evening. It's a bummer to see the energy of the Street Party dissipate so quickly when it should feed right into Club KI.

• Like 1

And the two rolling present units would’ve looked great flanking the stage. The cake would’ve added some height to the area and made that whole space into a “party zone”. Wonder why they spaced them out. I agree that was one of the strongest parts of carvivsld they way it just flowed from one event into the other as the evening approached. 

• Like 4