Kings Island Street Party

mikejenkins1

You do realize that the performers in the parade are in the Club show right?  They need time to change and need a break after 45+ minutes walking/performing (especially in the heat as it has been). Plus if someone is watching shows continuously they aren't spending money in the park on food/drinks/games/merch/etc.  After all they have added a 5th stop (at the front gate).  As far as the concept art, it's exactly that.  CONCEPT ART.  No there is no basketball hoop man (like there is at CP 150th) and no spaghetti bowl (maybe couldn't get the license from Skyline or to have them pay for the costume in time?).  Probably was a matter of employees and who could/would commit to a DAILY parade at 6:00 considering every other show has 1 day a week they are off.

KI is doing a great job and I wish more people would be appreciative of what they have rather than what they could have.  All in all I never expected this level this year.  It reminds me of Winterfest.  When they brought it back it exceeded my expectations and has stayed at the same high level since it came back.  Carnivale, same thing.  That's what gives me confidence that the summer entertainment is here to stay.  It's much cheaper than a new ride and can be refreshed every couple of years (please keep Phantom around for 2 seasons :)).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, robintodd said:

You do realize that the performers in the parade are in the Club show right?  They need time to change and need a break after 45+ minutes walking/performing (especially in the heat as it has been). Plus if someone is watching shows continuously they aren't spending money in the park on food/drinks/games/merch/etc.  After all they have added a 5th stop (at the front gate).  As far as the concept art, it's exactly that.  CONCEPT ART.  No there is no basketball hoop man (like there is at CP 150th) and no spaghetti bowl (maybe couldn't get the license from Skyline or to have them pay for the costume in time?).  Probably was a matter of employees and who could/would commit to a DAILY parade at 6:00 considering every other show has 1 day a week they are off.

KI is doing a great job and I wish more people would be appreciative of what they have rather than what they could have.  All in all I never expected this level this year.  It reminds me of Winterfest.  When they brought it back it exceeded my expectations and has stayed at the same high level since it came back.  Carnivale, same thing.  That's what gives me confidence that the summer entertainment is here to stay.  It's much cheaper than a new ride and can be refreshed every couple of years (please keep Phantom around for 2 seasons :)).

You don’t need to be condescending when people express opinions and ideas. I’m fully aware that most parade performers have either just wrapped their shows, or are about to start a run of shows. That’s how Carnivale worked, and it flowed into the evening bandstand entertainment. Also, if you read my post-you’ll see I’m also fully aware of what concept art is. There’s no reason to BOLD the word to clear it up for me. I think if you carefully read most comments, they are super appreciative, and people are very happy with what we’ve gotten. I’ve spoken directly with Mike Koontz and told him as such, but people can still “comment”. I don’t think many here are complaining to the park (I know I’m not) but just throwing out blue sky ideas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

You don’t need to be condescending when people express opinions and ideas. I’m fully aware that most parade performers have either just wrapped their shows, or are about to start a run of shows. That’s how Carnivale worked, and it flowed into the evening bandstand entertainment. Also, if you read my post-you’ll see I’m also fully aware of what concept art is. There’s no reason to BOLD the word to clear it up for me. I think if you carefully read most comments, they are super appreciative, and people are very happy with what we’ve gotten. I’ve spoken directly with Mike Koontz and told him as such, but people can still “comment”. I don’t think many here are complaining to the park (I know I’m not) but just throwing out blue sky ideas. 

I apologize for coming across condescending.  I may have went a little out of line.  Please realize that when people put out "blue sky ideas" it may come across as critical.  (I've been guilty of it as well).  Like PTE not being long enough or "having the 3 headliners actually perform a bit more instead of cramming it into a rushed production number",  or the "seemingly sloppy, unprofessional way to end the street party parade with how items are taken back afterward.  I praise the park at guest relations and to the staff all the time, but also have never posted anything here I would say to them or have not said the them personally.   LOL or no LOL.  KI employees read these posts too and I'm always trying to be conscious of their feelings.  I'm positive the view KI wanted wasn't one of being "seemingly sloppy and unprofessional" and there is probably good reason for the way things are done.  Criticism is hard to give and take and I always try to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  I'm afraid I missed the mark with my last comment and for that I hope you'll accept my apology.  I'll try to keep that in mind in the future, I hope we all do.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell the DJ and MC for Club KI are not involved in the Street Party, so presumably they could begin the dance party as the floats clear the area like the DJ does at Grand Carnivale. But perhaps they have their reasons for not going that route with the Golden Celebration.

And to echo what others have said, I am extremely pleased with the entertainment offerings this year. Not many seasonal theme parks get this many original productions (including a truly impressive nighttime spectacular) all in one summer. We are indeed very fortunate to have such an amazing lineup, particularly after a season like 2020.

• Like 2