New Water Park Resort Receives Green Light

Some of you guys need to grow up. Crap, it is a frickin campground you are complaining about. The last time I checked, even riding Top Gun in the middle of summer, the campground was never more than half-full. I think this is a smart move, and I'm betting that there are deals to be able to go both to PKI and Great Wolf.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all you haters out there; it's called change, get over it...I'm sorry but there's no "history" in the campground.

I'm all for change...but the two things are not even close. $250.00 a night vs. $60.00 for a cabin. I can not be alone when I say my family would have to cut back their visits with that much of a price difference. As for no "history"...speak for yourself. Halloween & cookouts go hand in hand. I have been going to Fearfest since the beginning. Every year after we're done at the park (even at midnight) we all come back & start a fire and roast hot dogs & marshmallows and drink hot chocolate.

Checking into a hotel room for the evening is not even close.

Bigger does not always mean better.

I am just grateful that PKI realizes this and DOES have plans for another campground.

It is a pity that the closing of the campgrounds and the proposed building of the Great Wolf Lodge is causing some of us to get mad at each other.

There is stilll the possibility that PKI will build a new campground, so I hope that we can all remain optimistic until we know. Either which way, I hope that we can all get along.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Remember, most people on this forum live somewhat nearby. Of course we won't pay too much to go there. The resort is for people who live much farther away. And let's face it, not everyone wants a cabin. Most people are turned off by the words "Camp-ground", and the words "Resort" are much more inviting.

Also, about all this "PKI is giving up the history" crap. GIVE IT UP!!! Times change. If the human race didn't "give up the history", we'd all be cave men still.

NoOoOoOoOo I dont want to see the campgrounds go for a resort PKI is small park and doesnt need a resort!

This would be good with King's Island's growing attendance. With a improved and longer parade, an updated waterpark, IJST, and now a new Resort. O yeah, it's good.

PKI... a SMALL park??? WTF???

PKI is the largest seasonal amusement park in the country. We had more guests last year than any other seasonal park. This new resort will attract even more guests. I've been to many parks outside of Ohio, and PKI is NOT a small park by any means.

Its not the largest maybe we might have the most people walk through our gates and stuff but were not the largest.

Take a look at it this way Sandusky now has two of theese types of resorts and another on the way Kalahari.Columbus has Fort Rapids in the works and is scheduled to open in october.Cincinnati/Warren County is giving everyone another option plus I do recall everyone wanting Winter Fest to come back there might possibly be a connection with theese 2 Just a thought. Now as for pricing goes yes I personally think that Castaway Bay and Great Wolf Lodge are charging crazy prices expecially when you have a family of 5. I think the reason that they are able to get away with this is that they are building most of theese resorts next to big amusement parks. With Fort Rapids it is going to work the same way as Great Wolf you have to stay at the resort in order to use the 58,000 square foot water park but it's $139.00 a night for a family of 4 instead of $250.00 thats a little more reasonable. Hopefully they will come up with some kind of package deal but will they do anything for season pass holders or will it be a combined deal room and both parks for one price.

Part of the reason they are charging so much to stay is you get unlimited access to their indoor water park. Personally, I never stayed at the campgrounds. Funny thing is, when I stayed overnight last summer at the King's Island Inn, we passed by the campground and I thought that the smell of the roaring fires and sounds of laughter from the guests seemed pretty inviting. I also think it would be a cool way to meet new people; errrr coaster geeks!

Funny thing is, when I stayed overnight last summer at the King's Island Inn, we passed by the campground and I thought that the smell of the roaring fires and sounds of laughter from the guests seemed pretty inviting. I also think it would be a cool way to meet new people; errrr coaster geeks!

Well all of that can be done indoors! laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

PKI... a SMALL park??? WTF???

PKI is the largest seasonal amusement park in the country. We had more guests last year than any other seasonal park. This new resort will attract even more guests. I've been to many parks outside of Ohio, and PKI is NOT a small park by any means.

Its not the largest maybe we might have the most people walk through our gates and stuff but were not the largest.

Then what is?

Remember, most people on this forum live somewhat nearby. Of course we won't pay too much to go there. The resort is for people who live much farther away. And let's face it, not everyone wants a cabin. Most people are turned off by the words "Camp-ground", and the words "Resort" are much more inviting.

Also, about all this "PKI is giving up the history" crap. GIVE IT UP!!! Times change. If the human race didn't "give up the history", we'd all be cave men still.

Many people would rather be outside than in a resort besides resorts take more$$$ and some families just dont have it! And yes Paramount is gettin rid of Kings Islands History..as some put it Paramount Sucks.

Four of my friends started camping out on Labor day weekend 4 years ago

up til last year the group grew to 48 people, Beleave me the camp gounds got history to spare, And it's showers was in need of repair .

The new camp ground will also have electrical hookups to all their sites.

unlike the old camp, And bigger shower areas. Pki is always improving areas of the

park i don't think the park sucks , Maybe some of the people that work there.

but there's people like that everywhere and you don't know what they have to put up with at their job. Hey maybe they'll let the resort visitors in a half hour sooner to the park than the public. That should make you guy's happy. lol

To my knowledge, the park has not commented on the future possibility of a new campground, behind the resort. While the current campground as it exists will no longer operate, they may plan a new campground (it was in the survey a while back about themes for a new campground.) The point of the resort is to provide people who are staying there, to have some entertainment after the park has closed at their hotel.

A lot of people seem to be upset with the loss of the campground. Things change and people have to deal with change. I personally think that the new waterpark resort will be an added benefit to the park and the surrounding econonmy.

Take a look at an aerial show of CP and one of PKI. Notice anything different? How about all that water around CP for starters. They are landlocked! And since there are those who are complaining about the price of the new resort take a look at what most of CP's hotels and resorts charge. There are plenty of people with $$$ that will pay to stay.

It was a cold Morning in January. I could hear the sweet sounds of chainsaws and the gentle humming of the diesel engines of the bulldozers and land movers waiting to move in and make way for something new and exciting. lol I agree that the campsite was full during the summer. But PKI has an opportunity to fill a space year round. They did the math and reality took over. I like the idea someone put out that there looking at relocating the campsite at the rear of the property behind SOB.

You bring up a very important point familyman. Since the park will probably enter into some sort of partnership with Great Wolf since it will be built on PKI`s land (the details if they will still own the land, sell it or lease are still being negotiated). PKI could enter into a partnership and earn revenue from the resort. They would then be earning revenue 12 months of the year instead of the 7 months in which the campground is open! More revenue could lead to bigger expansions and more roller coasters.