Kings Island Railroad.

Vortex

I thought it was around White Works time. Does anyone if PKI will add any new ride effects to the train on the way to the water park?

Kings Island is the last Paramount Park with a set trains still in the park. I hope they keep the trains and not get rid of them like they did at the other Parks.

Edited by Vortex

The shotgun wedding scene was where the Water Park is today I could be wrong be around that area. The other parks did not use their trains for water parks. From what I have been tould the trains where rides around some parts of the park. The other Paramount Parks had a monorails, trolleys, and the trains.

Edited by Vortex

I don't see them getting rid of the train all together either but I think it should go more around the park and stop in other areas. But on the point of people wanting to take it easy getting back to the park or getting to the waterpark. Do they not realize that its shorter a walk from the front of the park to the waterpark entrance than it is to walk back to the train and wait in line for the train and all that hassle?

I don`t see them rerouting the train in the near future. Why? Cost. It would cost too much to have to build new infrastructure around the new track if they made it travel to different areas of the park. Additionally, the current locations is good because in addition to going over to Boomerang Bay, it also is a location that is out in the woods and removed from the chaos of the rest of the park and can be a relaxing ride.

It seems funny how wildly varied the theming is for that train ride! Let's see, you leave the old river town of Losantisville (Cincinnati) on a pleasant, wild-west journey through the Little Miami River valley, encounter a petrified bear, a dilapidated hotel, a witches' academy (!), and then end up in modern-day Australia without ever crossing the Pacific! Wow! (Seriously, it's still a neat little narrow-gauge, and hopefully, that cool whistle will always echo through the park.) cowboy.gif