Guest leaves dog in 110+ degree car to go to KI

disco2000

He does it twice in one day and only gets a warning...

"Since the owner left his dog inside of the hot vehicle twice in one day, Kings Island advised the owner he would not be welcomed back in the park for the rest of the day.

The officer told the dog’s owner that if he returned and found the dog left alone inside of the locked car again, the owner would be charged with cruelty to animals, according to the police report."

https://www.fox19.com/2022/06/20/owner-leaves-dog-inside-115-degrees-vehicle-while-visiting-kings-island-police-report/?fbclid=IwAR233Dp5_9DYsuGkFncnmUyuVoc_ertG_QQZwaKiPixJRImMCqjKpHKTo4Y

• Sad 1

^Just like the warnings to an individual guest about not recording on rides or not smoking....I cannot tell you how many repeat offenders I have seen do that.

If they are not going to toss them immediately, at least take their name down and toss them when they are caught doing it again later that day.  I have been walking with security before and their response has been only take a name if they get belligerent and confrontational...they are given some discretion and leeway in addressing the matter based on the circumstances.  

But I am sure many believe it should be a zero tolerance policy.

• Like 1

So, kudos need to go to KI Security.  They rescued the dog twice.  The only thing I could see being done differently is calling Mason Police when s/he picked the dog up from first aid.  

If KI does not have a policy regarding this, the incident would be an opportunity to develop one.  Not knowing, and not knowing Mason's policies, I think they did well.

Now for the individual who is guilty of doing this, s/he should have the dog surrendered.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So, kudos need to go to KI Security.  They rescued the dog twice.  The only thing I could see being done differently is calling Mason Police when s/he picked the dog up from first aid.  

If KI does not have a policy regarding this, the incident would be an opportunity to develop one.  Not knowing, and not knowing Mason's policies, I think they did well.

Now for the individual who is guilty of doing this, s/he should have the dog surrendered.

Agreed. It's bad enough it was done the first time. But the second time in one day it was caught the police should have been contacted. Even if Kings Island wouldn't let him back in this guy will for sure do this somewhere else. 

What would security have done if it was a baby left in the car, I wonder.  Kudos to them for saving the dogs life, and I have complimented them in the past for good work, but I am of the opinion this person should have been arrested and definitely not allowed to keep the dog.