The Avett Borthers Timberwolf concert

Orion742

Given the perfect weather forecasted, yes it will be a larger than normal crowd.

Given that admission is not part of the concert series as past concerts were, I don't think the concert will have a significant impact on attendance.  By last estimates, it appears it isn't even half sold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Given the perfect weather forecasted, yes it will be a larger than normal crowd.

Given that admission is not part of the concert series as past concerts were, I don't think the concert will have a significant impact on attendance.  By last estimates, it appears it isn't even half sold.

It wouldn’t shock me if Kings Island quit on the concert series for next year if they aren’t selling well.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It wouldn’t shock me if Kings Island quit on the concert series for next year if they aren’t selling well.

I agree they said this year was a test year and if they don’t bring really high attendance in this year I don’t think we will see it next year. And it is already looking like it will be low attendance for the concerts.

• Like 1

Yeah looking at the amount of tickets available, if they stay that way, then the concert series may end up being a flop. Maybe since some people haven't really heard of some of these bands is why some people are staying away from buying the tickets. Maybe, they could still have tickets on sale while at the park and maybe it could draw some people to buy tickets during the concert?? 

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

I agree they said this year was a test year and if they don’t bring really high attendance in this year I don’t think we will see it next year. And it is already looking like it will be low attendance for the concerts.

To add on to that, if they do have a low turnout, maybe we'll see Timberwolf demolished after all. Unless they want to try and restart Spirit Song (which Premier Festivals, the promoter who organizes SS is still doing events like Rock the Smokies at Dollywood this year), then if these concerts are a flop, I don't see the reason to keep the theater around. 

• Like 2

I was hoping it would be a good success for the park.  Could be people are more concerned with buying gas/food.  Perhaps after many years people still only think about Riverbend as the place for outdoor concerts.

Maybe incentives could be added like half price tickets to the park?  Dinner parties with the band at IR?  Free parking with a concert ticket . . I am not sure of the current parking situation if you only have a concert ticket.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rlentless said:

I was hoping it would be a good success for the park.  Could be people are more concerned with buying gas/food.  Perhaps after many years people still only think about Riverbend as the place for outdoor concerts.

Maybe incentives could be added like half price tickets to the park?  Dinner parties with the band at IR?  Free parking with a concert ticket . . I am not sure of the current parking situation if you only have a concert ticket.

Since the announcement of this series this year, free parking after 5pm has been included with the concert ticket...

But yes, it hasn't been marketed a lot (even not being an A-lister, a radio station usually picks up on it and arranges an opportunity to talk to the performer, give away tickets, etc.), no discounts for passholders, no discount for the park...it is almost like they want it to not be successful and the concert series is a distraction to take the scent off of a future attraction in the area...you know put all the Timberwolf is leaving rumors to rest, yet here we are before the first concert and even the naysayers here last year saying Timberwolf would not be removed and now leaning towards its possible removal....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Another thing Mike said at Coasterstock is they are learning about the concert business. Perhaps, they will also ask the bands that play for feedback on what necessary improvements should be made to the theater to make it better and draw more crowds. 

They will probably say your concept in the other thread is pretty cool and the park should do that!

Not that the park would want to give up that real estate, but what if they did like we see popping up all over town and added a row of condos on top of your concept.  Who wouldn't wanna live that close to the park!

27 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's a pic of the current crowd right now less than 10 minutes before the concert. Let me say, more than I thought looking at the amount of tickets sold! They were playing announcements about buying tickets online in the park all day so maybe that helped a little.

IMG_20220628_195244099.jpg

For a Tuesday evening concert with a group like the Avett Brothers, the crowd looks pretty decent. I hope the concerts are successful enough to warrant future concerts being held. Kings Island should also do more in-park advertising for the concerts.

Even in Timberwolf’s heyday, the concerts were not necessarily always sell-outs. However, Timberwolf brought in bigger names back then. I assume weekend concerts have the potential to be more popular as well as bigger names. I hope Kings Island can bring in some more popular groups next year if this year proves to be successful.

• Like 1

Here's a pic of the current crowd right now less than 10 minutes before the concert. Let me say, more than I thought looking at the amount of tickets sold! They were playing announcements about buying tickets online in the park all day so maybe that helped a little.

IMG_20220628_195244099.thumb.jpg.9141441b8c84b9bee3dbdbd0842a28d6.jpg

What model potato did you take this with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1