Flat Ride or Not?

Alien Seed

Yeah i was just joking, i voted for both being a flat ride, but there are other classifications than flat ride and roller coaster. For example is drop zone a "flat ride" in some opinions yes, in others no, how can a 315 foot ride be a flat ride, it all depends on interpretation.

The question was not unfair UH. The only ride in Coney that is not a coaster, which could be up for interpretation, as TRTRGuy said, is AT. But you yourself excluded this ride from the question, so you settled that problem. The question was not unfair, your answer was.

Okay, back to a semi-original thought;

A Classification of a flat is not just a "non-Coaster"

There are several other ride classifications...

Tower Rides

"Journey" or "Car" Rides, ones that can ultimately be changed several times but give the same basic ride experience... for Example, the two track layouts for the Lewis and Clark Trail, antique cars at Holiday World.

Lets see, there are others as well...

So right now we have

Coaster- ex. Beast or FACE/OFF

Tower- ex. Drop Zone or Eiffel Tower

Car- ex. Les Taxis or Days of Thunder

So if anybody can help out with this, that would be nice... I am pretty sure I have covered most of it, but I also feel as if I may be excluding some... give me the type and I can group it.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess you are going buy Rollercoaster Tycoon rules for this pole.

Yes Action FX Theater is a motion simulator and The Old Cars are a car ride that power them self. Know if the old cars where in a building and did not power them self at all then they would be a flat ride.

Actually no, they go by Transport, Gentle, Thrill, Coaster, Water.

I think of "Flume" "Coaster" "Tower" "Car" "Flat" "Other"

Flume.......... WWC, Thornberries

Coaster....... Beast, FoF

Car............. 'Tiques, DOT

Flat............. Flying Eagles, Delirium

Other.......... Motion Simulator, Euro-Bungee

This should be fairly Easily understood.

My Method Works for me, but nobody Tracks the count of "Non-Coaster Rides" they ride, do they? sad...

I track My Coaster Count, 24, measly I know, but I dont count doubles.

Racer=1

Twisted Twins=1

But that is another Topic...

I track My Coaster Count, 24, measly I know, but I dont count doubles.

that is really cool that you count how many times you've ridden a roller coaster / how many coasters you've been on. you rock man.

haha i get it...you're making fun of him...man thats some thick sarcasm man.

wtf, i estimated my Holiday World Rides, and roughly on the Opry, and really assumed on the SFKK, but i know my PKI EXACT!

24 is my track count,

Racer does not count, it is one theme, Deuling Dragons, would only count as one for me. Twisted twins is one in my book,

I dont see how you can consider them separate, they wouldnt be the same without the mate, its all about the experience!

Um, Dueling Dragons is two. I can see Racer being taken either way - and personally I see it as two. If they turn one of the Gemini trains backwards like I heard they might - it will be two in my book as well. But Dueling Dragons has no question. They share a lift. That is it. laugh.gif

Since neither ride is a roller coaster, they are both flat rides.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

There are other classifications than Roller coasters, and flat rides. I personally don't consider a 315 ft. tall ride a flat ride, its a tower/ drop ride. Also i feel Fx theatre is a motion similator. Further more you have log rides, chute-the-chute rides etc.