Top 5 Former Attractions

ldhudsonjr

5. Firehawk

4. Scoobys Ghoster Coaster

3. Scooby Doos Haunted Castle

2. Vortex 

1. Phantom Theater

I miss Vortex more than I thought I would, it was always a short wait and fun ride, it may have been rough but I have a soft spot for it, it was my first “upside down” coaster. Firehawk was unique but I don’t miss it too much. I love Phantom Theater, I loved Scooby too, and overall miss the Hanna-Barbara theming in the park. As for the Ghoster Coaster, that thing terrified me but was a lot of fun when I was younger. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

5. Firehawk

4. Scoobys Ghoster Coaster

3. Scooby Doos Haunted Castle

2. Vortex 

1. Phantom Theater

I miss Vortex more than I thought I would, it was always a short wait and fun ride, it may have been rough but I have a soft spot for it, it was my first “upside down” coaster. Firehawk was unique but I don’t miss it too much. I love Phantom Theater, I loved Scooby too, and overall miss the Hanna-Barbara theming in the park. As for the Ghoster Coaster, that thing terrified me but was a lot of fun when I was younger. 

Thanks for this lol. Was starting to feel insecure for putting Phantom Theater at number 1 but honestly I've thought about it a lot more often over the years than any other ride they've taken out. Loved that thing.

• Like 1

5. King Cobra 

4. Smurf's Enchanted Voyage

3. Vortex 

2. Tomb Raider - when it first opened the theming was so good on it. Almost felt like something on the caliber of Universal with the preshow rooms, lighting effects, and theming/décor before even getting on the ride. Over the years and especially as the Crypt it went downhill. Taking out the Crypt itself wasn't really a loss/

1. Phantom Theater

Honorable mentions to: Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, loved having a large scale log flume and it looked great in the back but we at least still have a good flume in the park. And Les Taxis/Ohio Overland Auto Livery, the new antique cars look nice and will be even better when the landscaping grows up a bit more, but the original ones made such a gorgeous spot in the middle of the park that tied in well with the Tower Gardens area. I enjoy BLSC but it really should have gone in somewhere around Action Zone as it fit that theming and it ruined the scenery where Les Taxis were. Now it's either a junkyard or open lawn with not much in it.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2022 at 10:37 PM, MaestroJr said:

I love Phantom Theater, I loved Scooby too, and overall miss the Hanna-Barbara theming in the park.

You don't know how happy it makes me to see Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle. Most people overlook it because Phantom Theater and Enchanted Voyage came before it, but that ride was a highlight of my childhood. 

• Like 3

This made my realize how few defunct Kings Island rides I have actually ridden. I think I can only list 6 so here those are from worst to best. My visits to the park so far have all come from 2000, and 2009-2021 (due to various reasons have not been able to make it out for the 50th yet, hope to rectify that ASAP).

6. The Crypt

5. Snoopy's Splash Dance

4. Dinosaurs Alive!

3. Antique Cars (Coney Mall Side- Les Taxis I think?)

2. Firehawk

1. Vortex

I also personally saw Son of Beast (with and without loop), King Cobra, and Sling Shot in operation but never rode them.

I'm going 10,

1. Vortex

2. Tomb Raider: The Ride (not Crypt, TRTR had an amazing ride program)

3. Phantom Theater

4. Skylab

5. Original Tiques

6. Flying Eagles

7. KCKC

8. Firehawk

9. King Cobra

10.  Parking Lot Trams

Honorable mention- Original fountain ERT

• Like 2