50th Anniversary Pins

mikejenkins1

They have released the third and fourth pins in the series.

Interesting to note that it now says available in park and online.

Previously was ONLY online.

Did they realize people dont want to keep paying 8 bucks for shipping each time they release stuff?

Very odd as they can sell lots more stuff in park but online should be an optional way if you cant make the park but not only...

• Like 4

Yes and we were at the park Sunday and bought 2 of the first 4.   They also now have a anniversary pin/shirt set and another anniversary pin.    If they do 2 50th pins a week that is 25 weeks and the season will be long done by then...  Not sure if they will do a big drop sometime.   But they are in store and on line.    Also the I Rode It (coaster) 2022 pins are now in the stores in the park and not at the rides.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, standbyme said:

And now the next 2!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2022/july/kings-island-50th-anniversary-pin-releases-week-3-tumble-bug-and-k.i.--miami-valley-railroad

i just read that there are going to be 50 pins in this series…that is incredible…with that many pins, there should be some interesting ones coming up. :)

Especially with how random some of these have already been!

It’s fun to look forward to the new pins and Made To Thrill posters every week or so. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would have loved for the pins to stay at $8.99 but the price increase doesn’t shock me. These pins seem to be more of a labor of love than a goldmine sales item…I can’t picture the park making these in a very big quantity, at least most of them…how many people are really going to pick up the Skeeball one? (Even though I think it is cool.) I think the park needs to charge more to make up with this fact of having a lower run of them. (Just my guess.) I just hope the series does in fact make it all the way to 50. (My wallet is saying otherwise though! :P)

3 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

why did we not start off at 9.99 instead of 8.99... Looks bad from a sales point.   Pin 10 is 8.99 but next is 9.99????

I have absolutely no inside knowledge…but maybe they never expected to sell that many of these…but they thought they could make a profit at $8.99 but then sales are even less than they predicted, so they felt the need to raise the price? 
(None of them are sold out on the site.)

P.S. Either that, or they’re like a drug dealer who gets you hooked and then raises their prices! :P

22 hours ago, standbyme said:

I have absolutely no inside knowledge…but maybe they never expected to sell that many of these…but they thought they could make a profit at $8.99 but then sales are even less than they predicted, so they felt the need to raise the price? 
(None of them are sold out on the site.)

P.S. Either that, or they’re like a drug dealer who gets you hooked and then raises their prices! :P

Or it’s mislabeled online. I haven’t gotten to check the park yet, but it would be weird to have a price change mid-line. I’m hoping that’s the case. 

This will come off as a complete fanboy type post…but here goes anyway. :P

I received my latest batch of pins today…and I will say that I don’t care if this batch & all of the future pins are $9.99 each, they are worth it. I have purchased about every pin that the park has released over the last few years and I can easily say that the quality of this series is above any of those. 
In the past, if you don’t count the Paramount days, the pins have been a single layer…this series has raised the bar on quality. Several of the pins in this series have “3D effects”. The Clown Band, Skeeball & Spinnen Kegger pins all  have a spring that suspends an object above the bottom layer. The Flying Carpet pin has a groove cut in it so that the kid can slide up & down the slide when you move him! I also like The Sky Ride pin with the dangling gondola.

Another thing that I like about this series is the backing cards that the pins come on, I like that the park has gone to the trouble to have each card specifically made for each pin instead of having a generic 50th Anniversary type card for the whole series. 

I am looking forward to the upcoming pins…personally I am hoping for a Rotor pin and hopefully a Viking Fury one. :)

EA741314-3049-4096-82AC-AFD850B42EB4.jpegFDBD6EA4-E14A-4BDA-A486-8578A3B1A8E0.jpeg

ABF55DBB-DB1C-4328-A5A5-F77D66BFA358.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Like, it would be impossible to guess what the next pins would be because for all we know it’s the register at I-Street LaRosa’s.:rolleyes:

I, for one, would absolutely purchase my first pin of the collection if they made one of the register of the International Street LaRosa's.

Your move, Kings Island.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

The latest are for Screamin Demon and Wild Country Safari... Pins were already done for thiese???  Why not pick new things.   I will pass this time.

Actually, the new pins are for The Demon and Lion Country Safari..

The other pins produced prior were for Wild Animal Habitat and The Screamin Demon.  Remember, (Screamin) Demon had 2 logos - "Screamin" was dropped in 1983 to better align its name with the other coasters.  Lion Country Safari was the name that pre-dated Wild Animal Habitat from 1974-1976.

Its a subtle - but noteworthy difference.  I'm glad someone in merch is being savvy and knows the history/difference. 

KI Pins.JPG

KI Pins 2.JPG

• Like 1