50th Anniversary Pins

mikejenkins1

Repeats yes…but that is the nicest looking Bat pin I have seen…and if you look closely the red paint is glittery, so if it’s like the Salt Water Circus one which also had glitter paint, it will look even better in person. :)

P.S. There are still 32 pins left in the series, I’m sure you will still see some of your suggestions…but the park has to keep it interesting for the casual fan who just wants some of the major rides.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, mikejenkins1 said:

Also the side marked backwards is going forwards and visa versa

It's a recreation of the entrance sign, with the logo and then the entrance lane indicator signs which were below it. They're in the correct order, just don't match the photo used on the card.

• Like 2

^I ordered mine within’ hours of being listed and did get them at $8.99…someone must have messed up when they listed them because when they arrived they did have the $9.99 price stickers on them. 
(Underneath the stickers printed on the card is the old $8.99 price…as I mentioned earlier, I am guessing that some “bean counter” must have done the math and decided that $8.99 wasn’t enough for these pins so they raised the price.)

These pins are looking nice! So far, I'm interested in the Timberwolf and Racer (sign) pins. I cannot wait until they roll around to the 90's/2000's pins*! :D And was the "Where winter comes alive" slogan on the Winterfest the original tagline? If so, that's a nice touch!

*Also, I wonder how that'll work as the park was owned by Paramount for a large part of the time period

On 8/30/2022 at 8:17 PM, MDMC01 said:

These pins are looking nice! So far, I'm interested in the Timberwolf and Racer (sign) pins. I cannot wait until they roll around to the 90's/2000's pins*! :D And was the "Where winter comes alive" slogan on the Winterfest the original tagline? If so, that's a nice touch!

*Also, I wonder how that'll work as the park was owned by Paramount for a large part of the time period

Yes it was the slogan, also it was not owned by Paramount during those years. 

• Like 1

So here is the latest craziness with pins.   At park last night and as leaving tried to get pins.   We just wanted Viking Fury.   Pins were not out?????   I asked and they said they had the Viking Fury pin but not the WInterfest pin yet.   So would NOT sell us the Viking Fury pin, WTH????  I dont get this place.  Do they really want to sell stuff or not.

12 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

So here is the latest craziness with pins.   At park last night and as leaving tried to get pins.   We just wanted Viking Fury.   Pins were not out?????   I asked and they said they had the Viking Fury pin but not the WInterfest pin yet.   So would NOT sell us the Viking Fury pin, WTH????  I dont get this place.  Do they really want to sell stuff or not.

They are also marketing the previous week’s pins as the current week’s pins. We are also due for a Made to Thrill but didn’t get one. Stupid Train replica. Screwing everything up. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Vortex one ordered, I’d been waiting for a nice retro Vortex to join the lineup.

The back of the card is rather goofed up by the placement of the price sticker, covering up some of the description text, and they also spelled anniversary as “anniversery” in the upper right.

Timeline wise, we’re getting closer to the Paramount era so we’ll see how they deal with that. Phantom Theater and Adventure Express are likely to be included, but I’m not sure about the licensed names. They’re good for Flight of Fear, Son of Beast and Delirium, but others are Paramount trademarked names, so unless they get creative and use designs without names, Top Gun, Face/Off, Drop Zone, Tomb Raider and Italian Job are unknowns. WinterFest 2005 might make an appearance.

• Like 2

They wouldn’t even have to touch the Paramount years unless they wanted to…there are enough older rides still unaccounted for…plus they could do things like The International Restaurant, original marquee sign, the inflatable theater, trams, fountain with pedestals…I could fill out probably 75 pins…but then of course most people wouldn’t want most of them! :P