50th Anniversary Pins

mikejenkins1

Well, the KIGear Black Friday isn’t what I had hoped for…I have pretty much everything on the list that I want…I would like to own the banners, but I think those are way overpriced. One thing that IS nice is free shipping on orders of $100.00 or more!

E69A82CC-5EAA-49DB-A2D7-7E4945610EA9.jpeg

https://www.kingsislandgear.com/collections/black-friday-20-off-select-50th-anniversary?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=blackfriday&fbclid=IwAR2RClSBivquLgAM2I7zi54fthH-gk9lOxP2Y-0yJx1k8UBBx4qZ0fH7Sko

yeah they have pins still in Emporium and collections but not the new pin.     They did this earlier when they only had 1 of 2 pin release and the Winterfest pin was not ready yet.   They advertised but said could not sell till both available???   Who knows.   Probably want people to keep spending $7 on shipping for them.

The Haunt pin looks great…and so does the description of the Diamondback one…hopefully those will be on line this week.

On a side note, I received The Crypt & Delirium pins in the mail this week…there is no justice, The Crypt pin is a lot nicer than Delirium’s. :blink: Delrium’s pin is plain/flat, Crypt’s is nice a nice 3D one. It got me thinking, I wonder if the person(s) designing these are even familiar with the park?  Admittedly, if I were an outsider I would think The Crypt must have been a better ride than Delirium based on their logos…but Delirium has proven itself a fan favorite over the years.
Once again, disappointed that Delirium didn’t end up with a better pin…but whoever designed Crypt’s pin did a very nice job with it’s 3D effect. :)

00AC2F8B-EFE8-4942-AFFA-61F42D4935C7.jpeg

And here is today’s offering…DDD6AA25-7A57-49BA-ADF7-C97193643DA5.jpeg

(I wonder why the delay on the most recent 3 pins on the site?)

Turns out Orion is #50…they put up 5 pins today…but they left off WindSeeker for some reason…this is the pin that we didn’t get to see in the last Limited Edition set. Planet Snoopy is #45.

5E7E3424-DD6B-4ACE-9DC1-E0A936E11C88.jpeg

I hope the site puts up WindSeeker soon so that I can finish my set.

I have enjoyed these pins and am grateful that the park put out so many pins in this set, I think it is a great representation of the park’s history. (The only things that I can think of that didn’t get a pin that I wished did are The Rotor, The Beastie, the trams, a parking lot sign…and although I know it wouldn’t have been possible, The Happy Land of Hanna Barbera & Nick Universe.)

Thanks again to the park for going all out for the 50th Anniversary! :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, standbyme said:

Thanks again to the park for going all out for the 50th Anniversary! :)

They aren’t done yet.  I think tomorrow is the 12th day of their “12 Days of Christmas” merch promotion.  And something tells me they may have saved the best for last. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...