Psycho Mouse from CGA rumored to move to Cedar Point

Well, this is an interesting development... I could see that fitting well in Wicked Twister's old spot - and I am certainly a fan of trading one new millennium coaster for another (PM debuted in 2001; WT in '02)! :D

Plus it would give the park another family ride in a park full of thrill coasters.

45 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I have no idea how reliable this is but I found it on the Cedar Point Reddit page. Thoughts?

6984480A-D880-4F15-8EC2-6810691870F3.jpg

This is good for Cedar Point but also sad at the same time, I wish KI would get a wild mouse. I would love a brand new one but I don’t think it would happen so this would have been the only option for KI to get one

Screamcape (so take that how you will) has now said that someone told him earlier this year that CP would be getting Psycho Mouse.

Obviously CP is wealthy with coasters but they don't have a mouse while all other CF parks (other than KI) have either a mouse or an arguably similar spinning coaster.

Also, this would give CP a total of six Arrows.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Just a warning this is fake.  That project number is for a property at 1622 First St.

The image was modified to change the date, project number, and the description.

Yep, it's fake.  100% fake.  Weak trolling.  Just someone playing on the fantasies of some enthusiasts to see a Wild Mouse-type ride on the beach.  

The first hint is that Cedar Fair currently has a 6 year lease on the land under California's Great America. with options to extend to 11.  The park is not shutting down immediately.  It's absurd to expect the park to start removing anything for at least the next few years, until they indicate otherwise.

Building projects in the City of Sandusky are numbered sequentially.  Each project # is issued once.  Public records, too, so anyone can verify this.  Note that I accompany my screenshot with a link directly to the source, unlike the sketchy picture of a screen shown above.

They're currently up to project #J22-0593, so you'd naturally expect J22-0233 to have been filed months ago.  And it was, precisely 3 months to the day before the fake image above.

image.png

Source: https://bsaonline.com/CD_PropertySearchDetails/PropertyRecordDetails?SearchFocus=Building%20Department&SearchCategory=Record%20Number&SearchText=j22-0233&uid=2714&PageIndex=1&ReferenceKey=5704670000&ReferenceType=0&SearchOrigin=0&RecordKeyDisplayString=J22-0233&RecordKey=35a51355-6d9e-4f88-b8d0-ae68008c8f01&RecordKeyType=4

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Is this the same permit?

Edit: never mind this comment, just figured out it’s proof that the permit is fake :(

I have seen this picture going all over the internet like crazy and everyone believes it is real.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update on the rumors circulating about Cedar Point, there is a staging area with fence that you cannot see what is behind it. It could be for the Pavilion, but why hide construction materials for that? I saw this on Theme Park Predictions channel at YouTube. Time will tell. We'll see if there's another announcement in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Due to limited spaces for material handling on the peninsula, this area next to the Express Hotel could be used for a couple things:

- staging area for construction materials for boardwalk project (due to supply chain issues, I can understand why the park would want to control their own destiny and have the materials stored on their property).

- staging area for new ride parts

- staging area for ride parts that may be removed and/ or equipment for removing those parts (possible TTD removal?).

- all the above or non of the above....

One thing is certain, that large of fenced in area with covering is going to be used for something big & numerous.

• Like 3

@Browntggrr, I was just telling my son this morning that a possible reason TTD was not open for 2022 is a major change is in the works. Also a possibility that it is being removed. We'll all just have to wait and see. I find it intriguing with all of the possibilities. 

• Like 2

^ I personally believe TTD has given it's last ride.

There are no trains on the track for testing.  There are no signs of the cars anywhere on park property.

If there are design changes to the brake run, I would have expected some type of work and testing to be going on.  I would also have expected the redesign to include the queue line & barrier on brake run.

Or CF is just taking the high road & waiting till 2023 for the dust to settle as well as what I would assume is a civil lawsuit from the victim to also be settled.

Reports on her well being have been incredibly quiet.  I hope she is recovering or has recovered.

• Like 3

I would not be surprised at all if Dragster has given its last rides. 

Like you, I haven't heard anything about her condition. I hope she is well on her way to recovering. It would seem that with this incident, combined with the others, that it's a strong possibility TTD is slated for removal.