the pay

red

Yes apartments are very near by on fields ertel, tylersville or Kings road. All within a 5 minute drive of PKI. The pay depends on were you go. If you do food rides or merchendise, expect like 7 dollars an hour, unless your a supervisor. In Ecology you can make about 11 bucks an hour.

That's excellent about the apartments. PKI seems like a great place to work at, I'm sure most of you are probably happy about working there. The $7 an hour isn't too inviting for working in rides, considering I make $7.25 working at GL. The ecology department, on the other hand, does. What are their duties and responsibilities? Do any of you work in this dept.? If so, how do you feel about it. Thanks again for your responses. smile.gif

That's excellent about the apartments. PKI seems like a great place to work at, I'm sure most of you are probably happy about working there. The $7 an hour isn't too inviting for working in rides, considering I make $7.25 working at GL. The ecology department, on the other hand, does. What are their duties and responsibilities? Do any of you work in this dept.? If so, how do you feel about it. Thanks again for your responses. smile.gif

In the Eco. dept. there are 3 different duties. You get to pick one. You could sweep aslo known as pan and broom starting at 8. If you want to change trash cans that would be 9. To clean restrooms that would pay 10.

In rides start at 6.50. Food and merchendise 6.00. Ecology anywehere from 8.00-10.00. Apartments are everywhere. Lots in Mason.

Food starts at $6.50 too. It jumps to $7.50 when you're either 18 or 19 years old.

In the Eco. dept. there are 3 different duties. You get to pick one. You could sweep aslo known as pan and broom starting at 8. If you want to change trash cans that would be 9. To clean restrooms that would pay 10.

Interesting. You can't do a combination of all three? Like sweep for a few hours, change the trash the next few hours, clean restrooms after that, etc.

Help me with this.....

I am seriously wanting to work at PKI because I am in love with the park and ever since I was 8 years old I said I wanted to get a job there. I live in KY, in fact it's a two hour drive with a truck that DRINKS gas (about 11-15 miles a gallon). I am 17 about to turn 18 and will have to drive back and forth everyday to work.

1.) Would you suggest me even trying to work at PKI?

2.) Where should I get a job at? What role?

3.) What type of shifts does PKI offer?

4.) Does PKI adjust salery depending on the employee's needs?

5.) Does PKI still offer it's on-site housing?

Thanks guy, this is an important topic to me (as for others) and any help is greatly needed. -Hauntguy

3.)

Well, I did apply for Taco Bell here in town. LOL!!! But I did come to the aggreement that if I can't work at PKI over the summer, then I will audition for Fearfest! So in some way, I will be working at PKI this year. Thanks for the advice, it's good to hear someone else thinking the same as my dad! LOL!

Help me with this.....

I am seriously wanting to work at PKI because I am in love with the park and ever since I was 8 years old I said I wanted to get a job there. I live in KY, in fact it's a two hour drive with a truck that DRINKS gas (about 11-15 miles a gallon). I am 17 about to turn 18 and will have to drive back and forth everyday to work.

1.) Would you suggest me even trying to work at PKI?

2.) Where should I get a job at? What role?

3.) What type of shifts does PKI offer?

4.) Does PKI adjust salery depending on the employee's needs?

5.) Does PKI still offer it's on-site housing?

Thanks guy, this is an important topic to me (as for others) and any help is greatly needed. -Hauntguy

3.)

1. If you want to, then do it, its not going to hurt anything. (but if you live 2 hours away, i'm sure you could find an equal or higher paying job close to you)

2. well if your under 18, your limited, between resale, rides, and eco.

3. Shifts vary by department, In rides there are 3 different shifts (9:10 to 4, 11:45 to 8, 3:45 to close, or a double which is 9:10 to close)

4. Nope

5.When did they ever do that? The most i know of is setting up the internationals to live in the UC dorms.

Dude really don't drive 2 hours. I live in KY to (Well I go to college in Columbus but my home is in NKY) and it was like a 45 minute drive for me and it was rough. I almost fell asleep with my shorter ride. If you wanna work at PKI get an apartment somewhere close...Either way your not going to actually make much money...Either you're going to spend it all on Gas or on an apartment..

Thanks guys for all the tips/help/advice, it is greatly appreciated. I still think I will go to the Interview day on the 29th, going for Ecology. Here's another thing, I am 17 and will be for the interview. But for actually working (if I get hired) I will be 18... Should I fill out all the papers as me being 18 or 17? Also, What do I need to provide at the interview? Thanks guys. -Hauntguy

I think that you actually have to earn a promotion to cans or restrooms do to the added responsibilities involved. Its kind of like getting trained to drive for ride ops except you actually get a raise.

I think that you actually have to earn a promotion to cans or restrooms do to the added responsibilities involved. Its kind of like getting trained to drive for ride ops except you actually get a raise.

In a way yes. Before you even get employeed you have a choice of the three. Lets say you are a pan and broomer and you want to move up to cans. The managers will think about it and promoted you, but not to a sup but a person who changes trash cans.