the pay

red

Will PKI allow you to work from 9:10-8? They state that they have flexible scheduling, but would they allow this. I am for sure going to the Open Interview day they have, but what do I need to have with me to present to the park? Thanks. -Hauntguy

Would be an Open / Swing shift.

If you get hired you'll need your SS card, Birthcertificate, drivers license etc to be able to fill out paperwork and tax stuff, if under 18 you'll need your work permit stuff.

As far the interview, answer honestly, be patient, and dress appropriately (thats what I did, and I got hired on the spot in 2002).

Haunt Guy,

Look PKI is a really fun place to work. But man trust me its not worth 4 hours in a car and like 20 dollars a day in gas. I really would strongly think about getting an apartment close by PKI if you decide to work there.

If you have to drive 4 hours to work anywhere then you're an idiot.

If I were that dedicated, I would sleep in the closet behind Delirium, and run it every waking moment I could... I would want to operate that one! Wow!

And what a comfortable closet that is! I'm amazed with how many people love our drive box (and touch screen on the panel!)

Im not amazed at that one, I Mean I AM amazed at IT, but you know, when you have that kind of setup, it should be standard to have people gawk at it!

Well you say you work at GL now. So if youre 2 hours from PKI - then GL must be a pretty far drive as well. So it is probably about the same drive.

I personally wouldn't make that kind of commute. If I did though, I would have to go to Holiday World to work. I hear its a pretty cool place. laugh.gif

I don't work at PKI, but if I did..... I am 2 hours away, so it would be 4 hours of driving a day! Not 4 hours there and 4 hours back. I am simply stating that I am willing to make the drive to work at PKI, it's what I was born to do. -Hauntguy

This is really sad. Someone born to do nothing better than work at PKI... surely you have other talents you can discover, use, and enjoy.

IF you are looking to work just for the money, I recommend ECO. Its not that bad and you have opportunities to advance if you want to take that route. If you want to have fun, I still would recommend working at the park. I've been there for 5 years now and I have no complaints. I wish I would have started working there before the Americana days. Give it a try.

• 6 months later...
I know you have to be 16 to work in the ride department. What jobs do you do then and what rides do you normally get put on.

-Jake

Just ask the person whos intervewing you. Say would like to be on this ride they will check if the have an open and if they do your in luck and if they dont well take the ride they give you. I have never worked on rides but I have worked at PKI before and I know this will work.

I like too far away to work at PKI with the little amount of money they pay, but if I lived in Warren County somewhere, I'd work there regardless.

I think park employees can sympathize with this a little more than most people, but when you have a job you really care about and you really like, money is on the back burner.

Yep. I went back to Coney for a third season because I loved running their rides! (And Coney`s pay is far less than what PKI pays their ride operators). I might even be returning to Coney for labor day weekend and the last couple of weekends for a little extra cash on the weekends. I have thought about working at PKI because they are open longer into the season, but I am not sure I want to do that because it is farther from my house than Coney.