If Phantom Theater came back..

SonofBaconator

• 2 weeks later...

If Phantom Theater ever returns, tho I think it’s doubtful based on the fact it’s in Planet Snoopy. They should gut the entire ride and replace it with something like Darkoaster at BGW.

The Coaster would be themed after Peanuts characters for obvious reasons. They can extend the queue line by giving the haunted castle a courtyard, much like BGW’s Darkoaster the centerpiece of the court yard can be a kite eating tree, which plays part of the peanuts theming as well as providing  shade to those in line.

Call it, Snoopy’s Ghoster Coaster :P

IMG_3319.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw phantom Theater encore today and I'm kicking myself for never checking it out last year. I thought it  was a really good show and I'll be sacrificing prime ride time to see it a few more times before the season ends. My grandma and aunt were with me today and my aunt said that while.she couldn't remember the ride she still remembers all the characters and of course my grandma remembered the ride much better than my aunt. As Maestro said in the show "adults loved it, children loved it, so of course they closed it....is that boo thing still going on over there?" 

Anyway the show and the new phantom Theater encore merch looks really good. I really really hope that they bring back the ride at some point because not only does the original look like a load of fun but the show was pretty great as well! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, VioletCoronet50 said:

They should add some references to Phantom Theatre encore if the ride ever comes back

I've talked to numerous people about the ride coming back and alot of local people (non enthusiast friends) say they should leave the shooting aspect on the ride to keep it from being boring. I told them that a true story dark ride doesn't need guns or targets because the story is so solid. Now after watching the original Phantom Theater pov, I do think if it's brought back, the storyline should be a bit more clear/deeper and I think pulling in aspects from the show would help tremendously storyline wise with that. Don't get me wrong the old PT looked good, but for today's audience, the story would have to be really really strong coupled with great sets and animatronics to keep the ride popular with everyday guests if the shooting aspect was removed. (That's of course my personal opinion based on people I've talked to. Maybe my friends are in the minority) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A Phantom Theater themed roller coaster, much like Darkoaster from BGW.

You depart the station and are greeted with “What are you looking at?! Lookin for some, excitement are you? Now, behold the mystery of the Phantom Theater!” Before turning into were the launch part of the coaster is. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Something like this would be awesome as it mixes practical affects with screens rather seamlessly:

Certainly don’t hate this, though there’s just something about the physicality of non-screen based dark rides that make them more memorable. That said, I don’t think screen based tech is going anywhere anytime soon. 

This is really cool and I’d love to see something like this make it’s way to the park. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Something like this would be awesome as it mixes practical affects with screens rather seamlessly:

Yeah that ride looks great but I agree that there's something about everything being physical animatronics and props. I'm not 100% opposed to a mix of affects but I'm still in love with the "old school" way of creating dark rides

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Alright, well after KI disappointed all us Phantom diehard fans with the 2024 Camp Snoopy announcement today let's keep this topic alive and hope for Phantom Theater 2025! 

Let’s hope they are taking their time designing a great new Phantom Theatre.  I would also like to see it come in 2025!

• Like 2

Oh what about something like this. https://amusementtoday.com/2023/08/sally-dark-rides-celebrates-the-opening-of-the-whispering-pines-haunted-hotel-at-funtown-splashtown/

Plus with the know how of Knotts Cedar Fair could really up the tear round dark riden Yes ki is a lucky park with boo blasters the flight if fear n such. A renovated flught if fear a 2nd year round dark ride us not out of reach. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the typical life expectancy of the Omni-mover ride system that is inside the dark ride building? Seeing as PT opened in 1992, the ride system is over 30 years old now. I'm just curious as to how much service life expectancy it still has. I know there's been a few ideas such as an rmc vehicle ride (like new fire in the hole) replacing the Omni-mover as the Phantom Theater ride vehicle. It wouldn't be the first time they put a different ride system into that building seeing as the Omni-mover replaced the arrow boat ride known as the Enchanted Voyage/Smurfs Enchanted Voyage. Also, if the Omni-mover is going to last a long while yet, does anyone know or have an educated guess on whether the park kept the other half of the ride vehicles it used to run while operating as Phantom Theater? I know there's a few that are sometimes out as decorations at haunt and there were some at the PTE show but I'm wondering what ever became of the other vehicles.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the typical life expectancy of the Omni-mover ride system that is inside the dark ride building? Seeing as PT opened in 1992, the ride system is over 30 years old now. I'm just curious as to how much service life expectancy it still has. I know there's been a few ideas such as an rmc vehicle ride (like new fire in the hole) replacing the Omni-mover as the Phantom Theater ride vehicle. It wouldn't be the first time they put a different ride system into that building seeing as the Omni-mover replaced the arrow boat ride known as the Enchanted Voyage/Smurfs Enchanted Voyage. Also, if the Omni-mover is going to last a long while yet, does anyone know or have an educated guess on whether the park kept the other half of the ride vehicles it used to run while operating as Phantom Theater? I know there's a few that are sometimes out out at haunt or there were some at PTE show but I'm wondering what ever became of the other vehicles.....

I would imagine the service life is as long as the park is willing to put money into keeping it operational. Disney’s Haunted Mansion is over 50 years old. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still have hope that Phantom Theater could return! Maybe this is a two phase investment in Planet Snoopy? Phase 1: Camp Snoopy (2024), Phase 2: Improving Planet Snoopy + Phantom Theater (2025)? We definitely need a Soak City expansion and a new major roller coaster at some point, though... Kings Island could market a water coaster as their new coaster and that would kill two birds with one stone. That would certainly make a lot of us mad lol. Boo Blasters has overstayed its welcome, so I'm all for Phantom Theater 2025!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...