Banshee Rattle

Bacon

My last rides on Banshee were violently rough. I came off with a headache, it was that unbearable. It feels like the track is misalined. Diamondback and Orion do have a small rattle, but it hardly changes the experience. I honestly think The Beast after the gravity group work, ran way better this year.

My last ride on Banshee was in the backseat and was remarkably bad. I had some fairly smooth rides on it last season but now I don't know what to think. I wonder if need to bring in B&M and sort out what's going on with it because a B&M invert shouldn't be like that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I have had perfectly fine Banshee rides all season in all 3 trains.

I need to check it out I haven’t been able to get on it this year, last year is it was smooth and I really enjoyed my rides on it. But I have heard is smooth as it should be, Maybe some trains aren’t as smooth as others.

• Like 1

I did experience a rattle once when I was sitting on the end of a row (I don't remember which train it was, but I'm pretty sure I was sitting in the back as Row 8 is my new go-to row on that ride). It wasn't headache inducing, but it was enough for me to notice it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KIEagle33 said:

Guess Banshee is getting taken out by the end of the season.B)

And people were worried about The Bat biting the dust! :-)

I always ride in the front 4 rows of Banshee Because the force always smashes that restraint on my hips and it's very uncomfortable if I ride in the back rows. I haven't noticed any more rattle than last year and I've ridden quite a few times this season.

Honestly, Flight of Fear is the one I think got rougher over the off season. It's really slamming me around for some reason this year. Anyone else have the same experience?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

And people were worried about The Bat biting the dust! :-)

I always ride in the front 4 rows of Banshee Because the force always smashes that restraint on my hips and it's very uncomfortable if I ride in the back rows. I haven't noticed any more rattle than last year and I've ridden quite a few times this season.

Honestly, Flight of Fear is the one I think got rougher over the off season. It's really slamming me around for some reason this year. Anyone else have the same experience?

It seems like it to me too but it could be in my head. Its not like FoF was ever not rough. I actually love the ride but wish it were more feasible to fix.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:55 AM, NegativeGs said:

Of my five rides on Banshee this season, one had significant vibration. I don't recall the color of train, but I was seated in the last row.

I rode on purple train front row earlier this season and it was very shaky. I was bracing myself through every inversion. I did not expect it to be like that after my smooth rides in 2021.

I rode it again a couple months later front row green train and it was surprisingly smooth.

My rides earlier in the year were on a mostly empty train. My ride on green train a couple months later had a full train.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 6:58 PM, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

It must be sinking. :^)

Well according to rumors Vortex was sinking for 20 years or more so Banshee will get the axe around 2040 at this rate. I never thought Banshee was really bad with it's rattling given I try to avoid the back because of the hip crushing restraints however, I got at front row ride on 10/29 with my 8 year old sister (her first time ride) and it was amazing how much smoother it was! Like the difference between row 1 and rows 3-4 is crazy so I can only imagine the difference between rows 1 and 8.