Child dies from injuries after being found unresponsive in Oceans of Fun pool

https://www.wibw.com/2022/07/12/child-dies-injuries-after-being-found-unresponsive-oceans-fun-pool/

Official Cedar Fair statement:

On July 5, 2022, Oceans of Fun aquatics and safety (EMT) staff, as well as the Kansas City Fire Department, responded to and cared for a young female guest in distress. We are deeply saddened to learn of her passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult time.

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

Incredibly sad…

• Sad 1

A similar thing happened to a 15 year old boy at the park in 2019.  I am just giving some history and context.  In that instance I believe it was the wave pool while this time it was an activity pool.

These kinds of accidents happen too frequently.  Typically it occurs in pools where you are participating in a physical activity beyond just swimming, most often it seems to be wave pools.  Individuals over estimate their abilities or just tire themselves out without even realizing it sometimes and get into distress.  I guess my best suggestion is for parents to monitor their children, and don’t wait for them to be tired, force them to take breaks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1