Lost Island’s Suspicious Coaster Logo

10 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Depends on if the logo is a registered trademark or not- I used to take a Business Law class in college and we spent half the semester covering logos and trademarks.

That's my understanding as well. It's also not an exact copy (seems like they made modifications or recreated it) but I don't think trademarks have to be. I think you could get away with this sort of copy if its something completely unrelated to a rollercoaster but that isn't the case here.

Though there's a good chance that this isn't the ride's official logo and is just something that someone slapped together for a t-shirt. CF might just send a letter and the shirts would likely just disappear.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

That's my understanding as well. It's also not an exact copy (seems like they made modifications or recreated it) but I don't think trademarks have to be. I think you could get away with this sort of copy if its something completely unrelated to a rollercoaster but that isn't the case here.

Though there's a good chance that this isn't the ride's official logo and is just something that someone slapped together for a t-shirt. CF might just send a letter and the shirts would likely just disappear.

I can’t find if Cedar Fair trademarked it or not. I noticed on KI maps it shows rides like Orion, Banshee and Mystic are trademarked but I don’t see one for Diamondback.

• Like 1

Growing up in that state, one would think I would be used to Iowa embarrassing themselves and yet... here they come with their latest "Hold my beer" move.  Oh how I wish the advertising agency my Mother was a partner in hadn't ceased operations before the account for LI came around, if they had, this wish.com version of Diamondback's logo would have never been imagined, let alone authorized and used.  I mean, this is as bad as the "Big Mick" in the Coming To America movies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I wish someone could overlay them. Anyone have software and knowhow to do that?

I tried but since the shirt pic isn't completely flat, it would take more know-how than I have. However, I can tell you that the track and the lower part of the mouth are essentially identical. As far as the top, many of the scales have the same shape and shading. It's definitely a copy/modify job.

I still suspect some lazy person was assigned to make a logo for some merchandise. All we have is a single pic someone posted of a shirt.

• Like 1