TR: Castaway Bay

AZ Kinda Guy

Hmmmm....It's the middle of winter, its 10 frickin degrees outside, and five peeps from the Nati and Dayton are bored out of their minds. "Lets go to the indoor waterpark thingy Cedar Point just built" says me. One month later, myself, my hot ass girlfriend Sarah, my sister Brittany, Chris, and his girlfriend Rachel are in Sandusky at the brand spankin new Castaway Bay indoor waterpark resort. I will go into the hotel a tad but I will mostly talk about the waterpark.

The hotel itself is the "old" Radisson Harbor Inn. Now I don't know who owned the property while it was called Radisson Harbor Inn but now the place is called "Castaway Bay" and has been Cedar Fair-ized with hanging nametags on all the employees and even the Dragster station auto spiel guy makes an appearence at the wave pool. The hotel itself is very colorful and pretty. Upon entering the hotel, you run into a giant shipwreck complete with talking parrots and a crow at the top, of all places, the crows nest. All in all, they did a very good job with the upgardes and improvements. Now, onto the waterpark....

Lets see here, there's one of those giant bucket waterplay area things, a Master blaster water coaster, three enclosed water slides, a wave pool, an activity pool,kiddy pool, and a giant hot tub that goes indoors and outdoors. Put that on top of excellent themeing, friendly staff, and the Cedar Point mentality of actually having rides that are thrilling(yes folks, even their waterslides kick ass), and you have one bad ass indoor waterpark. The giant bucket thing is quiet impressive and is great to just sit back and watch. The water coaster and the water slides were the highlight though. All I have to say is I probably pulled more G's on the yellow enclosed slide then I did on The Racer. Yeah, it's that intense. The water coaster rocks with even more airtime than The Beast. The wave pool is by no means as big KI's but it does the job and does it just right, complete with waterfalls and rocky cliffs. All is good except for one thing. I don't know if it was me but after awhile in the wave pool and hot tub, my eyes started to become very irritated. So bad to the point where I had to leave the waterpark area at times.

However, not even that can make me say bad things about Castaway Bay. The place is just awesome. Myself and the gang look forward to making this trip a yearly thing. Congrats Cedar Fair, you have yet another winner on your hands.

As always, here are the pics.

Castaway Bay Photos

Special thanks goes out to my awesome girlfriend who let me use her much nicer than mine Digital Camera seeing how I forgot mine back in Dayton.

That looks awesome! I hope it was clean there, that's probably the number one thing I look for in waterparks besides entertainment (bad pki experience). I found the pictures to be quite amusing, especially the one with Chris P. wearing a bikini top, and the many pictures of a frozen lake. It looked like sarah's camera worked well, though.

Rate was around 260 a night. The rate included lodging, five wristbands for the waterpark, microwave, refridgerator, and a roll away bed for the fifth person to sleep on. Oh and our kick ass view from the balcony. Split between five people it ran us about 55 bucks a person, which isn't too bad.

From hearing your review, AZ Kinda Guy. I can't wait to go up there. Me and my dad may go this mouth, from the fact that we have discout cupons. You can save like 180 or 200 a night, or something like that. I am dieing to see the park (CP) arcoss the lake, from one of the boating docks of some were else. We have only stad at Breaker Express, when we have gone in the pass. Those pictures you toke looked great. biggrin.gif

Actually, you could see the top of Dragster from our room but we weren't worried about that. We wanted a view of the lake more than anything....

When my uncle invited us to stay there in December. We got a room with a nice view of Cedar Point and Sandusky Bay. Their Master Blaster was the first I had ever been on, it was fun.