Halloween Haunt 2022

FUN&ONLY!

• FUN&ONLY! changed the title to Halloween Haunt 2022
29 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I'd love for this to work out. I'm not holding my breath that it will, though.

FTW, who remembers that year of Thursday Haunts that were announced and (IIRC) cancelled due to weather every single time.

I remember that as well. They could not get mother nature to cooperate at all.

5 hours ago, Taylor.B03 said:

I'd hope that this would disperse crowds, It's an interesting move especially seeing other Cedar Fair parks get rid of haunt entirely.

in all fairness, haunt needs to disappear for a while until crowds can conduct themselves better during this time. that's one of the many reasons why i left.

• Like 4

I personally think the train should make a return. It doesn’t have to necessarily stop halfway like the last time, (it can’t anymore since the haunt platform is gone), but rather take guests on a full lap like Winterfest. Each set of passenger cars can hold a large amount of people and could really help alleviate midway traffic. The train could pass by multiple scary scenes and possibly even live actors. I’m not sure how practical this all would be but it would be another haunt attraction at the park’s disposal.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I personally think the train should make a return. It doesn’t have to necessarily stop halfway like the last time, (it can’t anymore since the haunt platform is gone), but rather take guests on a full lap like Winterfest. Each set of passenger cars can hold a large amount of people and could really help alleviate midway traffic. The train could pass by multiple scary scenes and possibly even live actors. I’m not sure how practical this all would be but it would be another haunt attraction at the park’s disposal.

Don’t quote me on this, but I think there’s a situation where the train (per someone’s guidelines) would either be able to run during Haunt or Winterfest. 

Could anyone “in the know” elaborate? 

5 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

Don’t quote me on this, but I think there’s a situation where the train (per someone’s guidelines) would either be able to run during Haunt or Winterfest. 

Could anyone “in the know” elaborate? 

I don’t think that’s the case from what I’ve been told. I think it comes down to staffing. Winterfest needs the train open more than Haunt does. 

• Like 2

At one time the train had their boiler permits with the State limited to a certain number of hours per year, but not sure that is still the case anymore.

Wonder how long until the neighbors complain about the late night noise on those new fall Sunday Haunt nights?

• Like 2

So I have said this once and I will say it again, I am not holding my breath for Haunt this year. For the past several years (baring covid) I have found the whole Haunt experience lacking under what I can only perceive as new leadership. Haunt circa 2010-2018 honestly kicked it up a notch every year and I loved it. As of late, it feels like most of the haunt budget just isn't there or is used for some honestly really corny lanterns/shows that I refuse to even attend at this point. I genuinely miss Trail of Terror, Carnevil, heck I even miss midget wrestling, and that's saying something. If we don't see at least a new scare zone or a new house it will really be upsetting. 

Considering it is the big anniversary year for Kings Island, here are some classic Haunts I would love to see come back:

Carnevil - This should have never been taken out, one of my favorite classic haunts that I still miss today.

Holiday Horror - Honestly still a classic haunt, I miss it dearly. 

Tombstone Terror-Tory - While it probably couldn't go the original track I would still love to see it come back in some way.

I am seriously hopeful that Urgent Scare, Wolf Pack and Backwoods are still in the line up for this year too.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

And with the original set, water curtain and costumes. The "warehouse" set and really cheesy costumes of its last year just didn't work.

if im not mistaken, those costumes came from the likes of adam and eve & leg avenue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Heard from an employee the other night that they will be carding people and under (18/21 not sure), you must be with an adult and they must have a cell phone on them at all times.

Hope they really crack down and keep it fun and safe.

Where did the employee work? Was it a higher-up employee or a seasonal associate?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Heard from an employee the other night that they will be carding people and under (18/21 not sure), you must be with an adult and they must have a cell phone on them at all times.

I'd hope not, I am 18 (19 in a few weeks), Me and my younger sister went to haunt for the first time last year and we loved it! We were only there for the night rides (We aren't that interested in the scare parts of it). It would be a real shame if I could not take her with me, it would take me 2 years to be able to do that again which would really suck. My mom is not into haunt so I would likely be the only person to be able to go. I certainly hope they continue to rely on their incredible security team. The amount of investment they have put into security should be enough to keep things from going down the drain. It's a shame because these policies put a harsh stigma on people. Even is policies are well taken for most people it still is hurting people wether you know it or not. I know this claim may not be true at all but seeing what Knotts is doing I would not be surprised if this comes to most all Cedar Fair parks.

• Like 4

On 8/1/2022 at 6:10 AM, mikejenkins1 said:

I’m not sure if they would do that because the code of conduct listed on the website only says that they strongly recommend minors being with their parents:F914F534-A526-410B-83BB-FD6E74824053.jpegAlso, the Halloween Haunt website homepage (which has been updated for the 2022 season) only says that the event is not recommended for children under 13. There are no other age restrictions listed.3D87EE0B-5F0C-450F-98B2-6B5B12D12FD5.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would like them to add "trying to scare other guests" to that list. I saw it a couple times last year and was like "No one is impressed that you can startle someone when you're obviously just another guest"

Also, I really wish they would stress to guests that places in line can't be saved for your group. Most of the line jumping I see is when multiple people walk through the line to meet up with someone that they sent ahead. Sometimes rather large groups of people.

• Like 8