Halloween Haunt 2022

FUN&ONLY!

3 hours ago, tink1470 said:

I'm contemplating becoming a scare actor this year. Can someone who's worked haunt give me a bit of an idea how it is? Like do you get any say in what maze you will be in? What should I expect with going into the audition? Ive scareacted at multiple haunts since 2014 (minus 2020 for obvious reasons) and have always wanted to take a shot at KI but super anxious to take the leap.

My best advice: Just do it! They’ll likely have you do a scream (Go for long and loud), and improvise any sort of character. When I did mine 7 years ago I did a zombie, and they put me in KillMart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snowball said:

My best advice: Just do it! They’ll likely have you do a scream (Go for long and loud), and improvise any sort of character. When I did mine 7 years ago I did a zombie, and they put me in KillMart.

returners usually get a say on where unless you wait till the last dogs dead and then they put ya where they need ya.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wolp said:

Never posted much and forgot my account so had to register again just to say how INSANE this is.  Basically can only have a fanny pack.  They won't let you leave the park after 6/7 (also insane), and now you can't bring in a bag?  We always brought in a bag with more clothes (god knows the temperature swing from 6 pm until midnight), some light snacks, hats, gloves, etc and rented a locker so we could have a "home base" since stuck in the park.  Now we're expected to carry all of that around? how annoying.

This is the way the world is going.  It's Security Theatre.  Sporting events have been transitioning to this over time and now it's only a matter of time before this becomes the full time policy at KI, IMO.

The no leaving policy has to do with the amount of drugs and alcohol people do in the parking lot prior to the event.  I've never seen so many cheap plastic Vodka bottles in my life, as I had emptying the garbage in the parking lot during Haunt.

There's a reason many of us called it the White Trash Bash.

• Like 5

Looks like the park map is missing from the Haunt website. The maze description lists the location though. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/haunt/attractions?category=mazes

Cornered is listed as being in Action Zone but I would assume it's staying in Tower Gardens.

Hotel St. Michelle is listed as being in Coney Mall. So I would guess it's going in Action Theater. It'll take some creativity to make it look like a hotel on the outside! (Anyone know why they chose the name "Michelle"?)

That means nothing is going the Blackout building. I guess it makes sense to put the hotel in Action Theater vs. the Blackout building. Urgent Scare was set up with different rooms to move through while Blackout/Club Blood was mainly narrow hallways from what I remember.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

So will the Wolfpack building be SBNO?

With the number of mazes being cut in recent years, management is probably wishing it had been torn down with Son of Beast. Probably would have added little cost to the overall demolition budget. Now it would be hard to justify the cost of tearing it down as a stand alone project.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, befat said:

Looks like the park map is missing from the Haunt website. The maze description lists the location though. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/haunt/attractions?category=mazes

Cornered is listed as being in Action Zone but I would assume it's staying in Tower Gardens.

Hotel St. Michelle is listed as being in Coney Mall. So I would guess it's going in Action Theater. It'll take some creativity to make it look like a hotel on the outside! (Anyone know why they chose the name "Michelle"?)

That means nothing is going the Blackout building. I guess it makes sense to put the hotel in Action Theater vs. the Blackout building. Urgent Scare was set up with different rooms to move through while Blackout/Club Blood was mainly narrow hallways from what I remember.

Hotel St. Michelle will be in the action theatre.  If you ride racer you can see they are working on the front.  As far as the name I saw a picture that had all the letters burned out except for HOTEL and HELL in St. MicHELLe (Motel Hell).

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

There is no "big" map of everything, but at the top of the page for each list, you can click a toggle button to see a map of just the listed stuff. 

Nice tip!

13 hours ago, robintodd said:

Hotel St. Michelle will be in the action theatre.  If you ride racer you can see they are working on the front.  As far as the name I saw a picture that had all the letters burned out except for HOTEL and HELL in St. MicHELLe (Motel Hell).

That makes sense. Michelle seemed so random to me. Clever.

• Like 1

I don’t know if anyone would know anything about this, but I was reading the descriptions for the new Hotel St. Michelle and it honestly seems a lot like a Phantom Theater house. I might be just be making a stretch, but especially with it taking place in the 1920’s, and the detail of going through a boiler room, I have a theory that it may have been planned and partially constructed as a PT house, but have been changed during development to be a hotel.eec765e3eb4f5858347cd9d8b8103077.jpg

• Like 4

So I was looking through the Haunt 2022 attractions and Drop Tower is not listed as an attraction for this years Haunt. I know it has been closed for a while lately, I don’t know if it is usually not in Haunt by my thought is they shut it down for the rest of the year. And will try to fix it in the off-season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orion742 said:

So I was looking through the Haunt 2022 attractions and Drop Tower is not listed as an attraction for this years Haunt. I know it has been closed for a while lately, I don’t know if it is usually not in Haunt by my thought is they shut it down for the rest of the year. And will try to fix it in the off-season.

It is usually operational during Haunt.  KI is really good at getting rides going, so I suspect it is probably they are waiting on a part that needs to come from the manufacturer and the relationship with the manufacturer probably isn't going to result in a priority...  We have had several rides go down due to waiting on a part.  I know Delirium has in the past and I believe Drop Tower has as well. 

• Like 3

It is usually operational during Haunt.  KI is really good at getting rides going, so I suspect it is probably they are waiting on a part that needs to come from the manufacturer and the relationship with the manufacturer probably isn't going to result in a priority...  We have had several rides go down due to waiting on a part.  I know Delirium has in the past and I believe Drop Tower has as well. 
And KD's is also closed for the season. Makes ya wonder.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, befat said:

Can confirm it has been there in the past. Problem was, Drop Tower’s lights made it too bright in the maze. Could explain the closure of said ride during Haunt.

Drop Towers been down for weeks at this point. Don’t think it operated this past weekend at the private P&G event. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, befat said:

Can confirm it has been there in the past. Problem was, Drop Tower’s lights made it too bright in the maze. Could explain the closure of said ride during Haunt.

That is certainly not the reason why Drop Tower is down.  It has been closed since early August when a nasty storm rolled thru....

• Sad 1

Good stuff; super pumped for tomorrow night! And yes, the sliders in the background were great - I loved when one of them did a cartwheel! :lol:

I haven't been to Haunt since 2018*, so I'm super excited to get back to the park! I'm planning on at least going through Chaos, Hotel St. Michelle and of course Slaughter House. I'd also like to check out the new location of Cornered if I get the chance.

*In 2019 I was a Scareactor in Field of Screams

• Like 1

20 hours ago, disco2000 said:

That is certainly not the reason why Drop Tower is down.  It has been closed since early August when a nasty storm rolled thru....

Drop Tower is still listed on the main web page but not the Haunt web page. This leads me to believe that even if it does reopen this season, it will be closed during Haunt hours. Drop Tower’s lights ruined the atmosphere the last time they tried putting a corn maze in Timberwolf. I experienced it myself. Just a theory.

• Like 2