Timberwolf Ultimate VIP ticket experience

BoddaH1994

I debated putting this as a trip report, but I feel like this is more factual than reporting my experience.

I went to the Skillet concert last night. I’m not very familiar with the band, but they did put on a great show. We had Ultimate VIP tickets, and this is what that is all about:

09C29025-71F9-4F8C-9C56-9DEC607CE440.jpeg

First, Ultimate VIP gets you a ticket in the first few rows. We were in the second row. The site lines there were great. Obviously it was loud but the sound was good. Very enjoyable experience with the show itself.

791F5B38-ADB5-460F-9F4D-997671563F39.jpeg

The VIP Lounge is stage left. It is newly built and has a bar, free snacks (pretzels and chips), and one of those decent air conditioned trailers for bathroom. Surprisingly, you can use your drink plan at the bar. 

C9A94BBC-FA32-46A1-96D8-54E8A2FE3256.jpeg

My favorite part was how, with Ultimate VIP, you had access to this view of the stage from the actual wing of the stage. There are two tiers of VIP: VIP and Ultimate VIP. They give each group a different wrist band. Although VIP has access to the lounge, this is a perk of Ultimate VIP. You can get in the vicinity of the side of the stage, but to walk up onto the wing you need the Ultimate VIP. 

You also get a private Wi-Fi network. I’m not kidding. 

I think that we are all rooting for the park with the concert series, but I wanted to have concerts as another dynamic of the park, but didn’t put much thought into actually going. I had such a positive experience that now I really hope that a band I regularly listen to will come soon. This VIP experience was definitely something I would want to do again.

I know there have been some reports of hiccups in the logistics of the concerts, but I can say that I did not experience that at all. Everyone was rehearsed, knowledgeable, and organized. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: this far, 2022 has been the finest season in our great park’s history!

D022AA55-CFFC-477F-A4CD-C0E300FECD0D.jpeg

Oh, and just for fun: here is the back side of the giant video boards. 

Have you been to a concert yet? What has been your experience?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Have you been to a concert yet? What has been your experience?

Attended 3 doors down as a guest and really enjoyed it! I had ultimate VIP. For Skillet I was working in the venue doing various tasks, still had a great time though. I was guarding the side stage viewing area at the end of the night so you actually probably saw me haha.

17 minutes ago, FEARSOMERIDER said:

I'm looking at the last photo of the giant video board, there does not seem like there were very many people there, or was the photo taken post-concert?

That was post-concert. It was decently crowded for Skillet.

• Like 1

I really like the VIP thing they did. Hopefully they were successful enough that they do these next year as well and maybe bring Spirit Song back. Honestly, I think Spirit Song would have a field day with the VIP thing. When I went to SS in the past, the big thing they did was you could enter to win front seats with coolers of ice cold drinks. With this, they could do meet and greets, giveaways, and a lot more. Hopefully, it comes back. If not, I liked having a Christian night. One thing I think they should do in the future is have 2 opening acts where one of them is an up and coming local artist to open for the 2 bigger acts and maybe have an MC in between acts that could do giveaways and stuff and maybe do a live backstage interview with the headlining band. Another idea I came up with in the other thread is they could do a Kids Night where they bring in some well known TV/Youtube/Tik Tok stars that are popular with kids/preteens to perform. Other than that, I love that KI didn't give up on Timberwolf and I hope it sticks around for years to come. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, FEARSOMERIDER said:

I'm looking at the last photo of the giant video board, there does not seem like there were very many people there, or was the photo taken post-concert?

As @Snowball assumed, this was about 10 minutes after the concert. People were walking out. The crowd was good!!

• Like 3