Cedar Fair 2023 Additions

There are separate threads for specific parks but I thought it might be useful for people to compile all of the Cedar Fair 2023 additions, whether they’re confirmed, leaked, or rumored, together. I did not include the Schlitterbahn parks, CGA, or Gilroy Gardens.

I’ll make edits to this post when there are more updates so please reply with whatever info you’ve got!

• Like 3

Carowinds has announced the closure of Southern Star, Yo Yo, and Plants vs Zombies so the area expansion that leaked earlier in the year looks to be coming to fruition.

As far as KI is concerned while there have been no markers anywhere to my knowledge I do think a Planet Snoopy overhaul/expansion is coming sooner rather than later.  It is one of three areas that haven't really been touched  much (i.e. more than just paint jobs) since Mike Koontz became GM (the others being Action Zone and Soak City).  I would love to see the Camp Snoopy improvements like Carowinds got several years back.

I am excited to see what the GCI rumored Titan Track for WOF ends up looking like.  I see it as a test and learn similar to when they put GCIs in the smaller parks.  If it is successful and not as maintenance heavy as SV is I could certainly see a bigger version in KIs future.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Carowinds has announced the closure of Southern Star, Yo Yo, and Plants vs Zombies so the area expansion that leaked earlier in the year looks to be coming to fruition.

As far as KI is concerned while there have been no markers anywhere to my knowledge I do think a Planet Snoopy overhaul/expansion is coming sooner rather than later.  It is one of three areas that haven't really been touched  much (i.e. more than just paint jobs) since Mike Koontz became GM (the others being Action Zone and Soak City).  I would love to see the Camp Snoopy improvements like Carowinds got several years back.

I am excited to see what the GCI rumored Titan Track for WOF ends up looking like.  I see it as a test and learn similar to when they put GCIs in the smaller parks.  If it is successful and not as maintenance heavy as SV is I could certainly see a bigger version in KIs future.

I would also like to see our Planet Snoopy be converted into a Camp Snoopy. I think the Camp Snoopy aspect would fit in with the park better, plus it’s right next door to Rivertown. I think it would help blend those areas into a more natural and organic experience. 

• Like 7

I'm not saying this will happen but Phantom Theater might return for 2023. Previous shows in the Kings Island theater have hinted at future attractions. The stage for Origins was decorated with tree branches like Mystic Timbers and Gravity had a space theme like Orion does.

Edited by VioletCoronet50
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

Not really an addition but more of a prediction on my end.

Phase 2 of Beast retrack (GG comes back to finish redoing rest of the helix structure

I think there is a chance Kings Island will have Gravity Group re-track the second half of The Racer. However, Kings Island did just repaint it, so it may be unlikely.

It was vague for a reason LOL....someone posted "while there have been no markers anywhere to my knowledge", so I was just letting them know that their post is inaccurate as that does help the conversation as they put out inaccurate information.  I thought this was also a speculation thread and I guess nobody likes a good scavenger hunt anymore LOL?  Should we just cut right to the chase and say the next improvement is XXXXX lol.  I wanted to see if anyone else had seen them and simply didn't post about it yet, but I guess not LOL.

Maybe someone can sling a shot in the air guess as to where the markers may be hiding...

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

It was vague for a reason LOL....someone posted "while there have been no markers anywhere to my knowledge", so I was just letting them know that their post is inaccurate as that does help the conversation as they put out inaccurate information.  I guess nobody likes a good scavenger hunt anymore LOL?  I wanted to see if anyone else had seen them and simply didn't post it, but I guess not LOL.

Maybe someone can sling a shot in the air guess as to where the markers may be hiding...

Let the hunt begin!

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I thought I saw something behind the former SlingShot area from the Adventure Express queue yesterday… I forgot to take a picture, though. Well, it’s an excuse to go back to Kings Island!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

If all we got was some shade in Planet Snoopy I would be happy.

More trees planted throughout the park as a whole would be great. Love to see more planted around the base of the Eiffel Tower as well in the grassy areas by Diamondback's turn around and BLSC as well.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

More trees planted throughout the park as a whole would be great. Love to see more planted around the base of the Eiffel Tower as well in the grassy areas by Diamondback's turn around and BLSC as well.

I wish they would plant some Colorado Blue Spruce trees and bushes that could be shaped into topiary at the base of the tower.  Replace most of the grass with flower beds.  Royal it up.  

I don't think they should plant trees that get tall; that would detract from the grandeur of the tower.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Orion13 said:

I thought I saw something behind the former SlingShot area from the Adventure Express queue yesterday… I forgot to take a picture, though. Well, it’s an excuse to go back to Kings Island!

Bingo LOL.  That is where some survey markers are showing up.

• Like 5

If they would take a year off of adding rides and just planted more tree's that would be fine with me, the park needs more shade/greenery. California's Great America has a nice Ivy tunnel that would look really nice at Kings Island, when they start taking things out at CGA. A nice spot would be in between BLSC and Diamondback, along with the tree's already there, it would be a nice place to cool down, as you walk through, and would be very picturesque.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2022 at 10:21 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

If its a ride which IDK if it is that seems like a strange spot to put something with the nice empty lot by Vortex.

At this point it could be for anything.  Maybe something as simple as surveying where to put up a metal fence and remove the wood fence to open up the view of Banshee from that vantage point or it could be for a future attraction like an expanded VIP lounge to go along with a new pass offering....

• Like 2

At this point it could be for anything.  Maybe something as simple as surveying where to put up a metal fence and remove the wood fence to open up the view of Banshee from that vantage point or it could be for a future attraction.

Yeah who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1