Cedar Fair 2023 Additions

11 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

He didn't officially confirm it. He said it is his goal. Whether or not it actually happens remains to be seen. 

reviewed the footage; you're right "my goal is to get Diamondback a new paintjob next year"

edit: I saw myself in the background a little bit after this scene lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact Mike Koontz confirmed a Diamondback repaint this offseason at Coasterstock here

It was discussed somewhere. I was not at the event this year, but I thought it was on his wish list, not a confirmed project?

• Like 2

Theory: If all of the Cedar Fair announcements are coming next week, could they be planning to announce that the Phantom Theater ride is returning on Sunday? The final day of the encore show was recently moved to August 14, rather than the 21st without any reason. I think this could be because they may plan to announce that they’re bringing the ride back at the final performance. A lot of Phantom Theater fans may be attendance to see the final show, and they would have the perfect opportunity to at the end when Larry corrects Maestro on when they’ll be coming back (“Actually sir we’ll be back at… because we’re not really in a Union)

• Like 3

I went back and listened to the recording of the call again.

At 23 minutes and 54 seconds:

"Next Thursday we will be unveiling our 2023 capital investment program.  Sharing with our guests, communities, and associates a first look at what exciting rides, attractions, and immersive entertainment are coming to our parks and resort properties."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DiamondbackFan said:

I went back and listened to the recording of the call again.

At 23 minutes and 54 seconds:

"Next Thursday we will be unveiling our 2023 capital investment program.  Sharing with our guests, communities, and associates a first look at what exciting rides, attractions, and immersive entertainment are coming to our parks and resort properties."

So does that mean the announcements for Cedar Fair parks will be on Thursday August 11th?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BryanJay said:

Theory: If all of the Cedar Fair announcements are coming next week, could they be planning to announce that the Phantom Theater ride is returning on Sunday? The final day of the encore show was recently moved to August 14, rather than the 21st without any reason. I think this could be because they may plan to announce that they’re bringing the ride back at the final performance. A lot of Phantom Theater fans may be attendance to see the final show, and they would have the perfect opportunity to at the end when Larry corrects Maestro on when they’ll be coming back (“Actually sir we’ll be back at… because we’re not really in a Union)

Can't see Phantom Theatre for next year.  However, considering a recent trip from California by a certain creator it would seem a decent chance that that trip was to make a presentation/sign a deal for Phantom to come in the 2024 season.  Unless, of course, as I speculated in an earlier thread, they have already started on it in the Action Theatre. :)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Can't see Phantom Theatre for next year.  However, considering a recent trip from California by a certain creator it would seem a decent chance that that trip was to make a presentation/sign a deal for Phantom to come in the 2024 season.  Unless, of course, as I speculated in an earlier thread, they have already started on it in the Action Theatre. :)

Who recently visited the park?

40 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Antique Cars didn't have a teaser dropped until like the day before the announcement. 

True. There are also no new documents online on the county site and not much in the way of physical markings. We will see what happens, but I'd really like something new to make it worth renewing my pass next year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

True. There are also no new documents online on the county site and not much in the way of physical markings. We will see what happens, but I'd really like something new to make it worth renewing my pass next year.

Not to sound crude but do you base your renewals on whether or not the park gets something new?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Not to sound crude but do you base your renewals on whether or not the park gets something new?

I think a lot of people do to be honest. Kings Island advertises a new attraction every year when season passes go on sale to incentivize season pass purchases and renewals.

• Like 3

Getting back to Cedar Fair 2023 additions, we know that Worlds of Fun and Carowinds are both for sure announcing on August 11th. Worlds of Fun revealed that on Facebook and Carowinds has teasers that say that date. Cedar Point is obviously announcing something and since all 2023 additions will be announced on August 11th, I’m sure Cedar Point will announce that day. Since Cedar Fair is having all of the 2023 additions announced on that day, I find it odd that only 3 parks would announce new rides. What other Cedar Fair  parks do you think could take part in this “event”?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orion13 said:

Getting back to Cedar Fair 2023 additions, we know that Worlds of Fun and Carowinds are both for sure announcing on August 11th. Worlds of Fun revealed that on Facebook and Carowinds has teasers that say that date. Cedar Point is obviously announcing something and since all 2023 additions will be announced on August 11th, I’m sure Cedar Point will announce that day. Since Cedar Fair is having all of the 2023 additions announced on that day, I find it odd that only 3 parks would announce new rides. What other Cedar Fair  parks do you think could take part in this “event”?

I think KI will pull a 2018 and do a notice for an announcement the day before. For what it would be, my prediction is either a revamped Boo Blasters (return of Phantom Theater) or something in Soak City or pull a Paramount years and do both. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

If new rides didn't draw crowds, CFEC wouldn't spend the money.

Some of us enjoy the parks as they are so we'll continue to go so long as they keep the park maintained and put in new things to do every so often.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

It definitely contributes to the conversation. I would probably get a pass every year, but my fiancé may not. There needs to be a new experience to keep her interested. She isn't an enthusiast and doing the same thing she has done hundreds of times before doesn't make her want to get a pass. If she doesn't get a pass, I don't either. New rides are crucial to keeping interest and memberships up. That is why there are only a handful of years without new attractions since the park's debut. Same reason there is always new food options or new shows. You gotta keep the interest somehow.

We have gone 2 years (2021 and 2022) without a new attraction. I like all the painting and park improvements, don't get me wrong, but it's time. 

The thrill rides section of the site has 3 non-upcharge attractions, Delirium, Drop Tower and WindSeeker. I've ridden a couple S&S Screamin Swings now and would love to see one at the park. 

• Like 4