Cedar Fair 2023 Additions

4 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Looks like all of the Cedar Fair announcements will be at 10am est. 

The tweet said 24 hours and when they posted that it was around 10am est, and carowinds teaser with the ticket shows 10am.

I hope that they have a big video like what Six Flags does!

• Like 2

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Six Flags has any attractions in the pipeline for next year. The company as a whole seems to be in a weird place right now.

However, I used to enjoy when Cedar Fair parks, especially Kings Island, would hold live announcements for guests and the media to take part in. Right now, we know that Worlds of Fun and Carowinds are getting very sizable additions, but it doesn’t seem like there are going to be any live announcements. Below is what we should expect to see from Cedar Fair tomorrow.

Expected Cedar Fair Announcements:

Worlds of Fun - New GCI (likely to be a Titan Track Hybrid with Infinity Flyers)

Carowinds - New Aeronautica Landing (rumored to have four new flat rides)

Cedar Point - New Grand Pavillion and Boardwalk Area (possibly news on Top Thrill Dragster)

Canada’s Wonderland - Possible Planet Snoopy additions (the park has been teasing an announcement recently and markers have been spotted around Planet Snoopy)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I hope so too!!

So will Each park post a video on their YouTube channel of what attraction or park change at 10am or 12? I can’t find a time.

Each Cedar Fair park will make their announcements tomorrow if they have something to announce, but I haven’t seen anything regarding how the announcements will be made.

• Like 1

It’s strange that neither Kings Island’s or Canada’s Wonderland’s announcement has been announced yet. Since Canada’s Wonderland is most likely going to get a new attraction next year and Kings Island might, I find it weird that neither park has announced anything. I’ve been staring at the parks’ Twitter pages for hours, so I’ve been going a bit crazy waiting for the announcements to be announced. Will they just surprise us tomorrow morning and not let us know all of the parks that are getting new rides?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orion13 said:

It’s strange that neither Kings Island’s or Canada’s Wonderland’s announcement has been announced yet. Since Canada’s Wonderland is most likely going to get a new attraction next year and Kings Island might, I find it weird that neither park has announced anything. I’ve been staring at the parks’ Twitter pages for hours, so I’ve been going a bit crazy waiting for the announcements to be announced. Will they just surprise us tomorrow morning and not let us know all of the parks that are getting new rides?

I have as well, What I am thinking is that KI probably won’t get anything probably just more repaints.

But is am surprised CW has not said anything since they have a vet high chance to get something but they are completely silent.

• Like 2

If you look at Grave Peacock’s Twitter page (she is the head of PR for Canada’s Wonderland), you will notice that she has done some teasing.

Really, Kings Island very well could be getting something for next year. Only Worlds of Fun, Carowinds, and Cedar Point have officially stated there will be an announcement tomorrow, but they never said when or where the announcement will take place (though teasers indicate 10:00 AM). Unfortunately, I don’t see any live announcements happening. I assume all announcements will just be conducted via press release. I assume all Cedar Fair parks will have “announcements” tomorrow morning in the form of press releases whether they are for new rides or just 2023 season passes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If you look at Grave Peacock’s Twitter page (she is the head of PR for Canada’s Wonderland), you will notice that she has done some teasing.

Really, Kings Island very well could be getting something for next year. Only Worlds of Fun, Carowinds, and Cedar Point have officially stated there will be an announcement tomorrow, but they never said when or where the announcement will take place (though teasers indicate 10:00 AM). Unfortunately, I don’t see any live announcements happening. I assume all announcements will just be conducted via press release. I assume all Cedar Fair parks will have “announcements” tomorrow morning in the form of press releases whether they are for new rides or just 2023 season passes.

Who knows what KI will do, we shall see tomorrow during the announcements.

Still no set time for the announcements?

• Like 1

I'm a little disappointed that its not something more ambitious but its neat that its based on an old ride. Layout looks pretty good, so I think I'll plan a trip to check it out.

I guess it makes sense that the first full titan track ride with infinity flyers is something more conservative (not especially large and no inversions).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

The spiral lift is certainly interesting 

It sure is! 

I'd like to know if each set of lift hill wheels (??) are individual of each other or somehow work in tandem with each other.  That's a lot of moving parts.  Apparently on the original, each train had it's own propulsion.  In the POV it looked as if the wheels were in motion.

• Like 1

Would really love it if KI announced a Planet Snoopy makeover and did something with BB (I like the idea of retheming it to Phantom Theater). My kids have a few years left where they'll still able to have fun in PS, and it would be great to have something for them to be excited about next year. Also, my continued plea to change Woodstock Express back to The Beastie. 

• Like 6